Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 2/12/2018 [Game #57]

(Rotoworld)

Emmanuel Mudiay - G - Knicks

Emmanuel Mudiay took a step back on Monday vs. Philly, scoring seven points with four rebounds, two assists and one steal.

He was a -18 in his 19 minutes and did more harm than good for his fantasy owners, hitting 3-of-7 shots and 1-of-4 free throws with one turnover. He's no stranger to efficiency problems, but we're going to see a lot of both Mudiay and Frank Ntilikina down the stretch -- coach Jeff Hornacek said he will make a lineup change after the All-Star break and wants to get the younger players more involved.

???-/

With all that?s F-Ed up in the world, if you honestly get worked up over what a stranger writes.... search deep inside yourself.

And you take another shot at me?

tiger0330

Legend
Both of you contribute quite a bit to KO.com, so just agree to disagree and keep it moving. This is what happens the organization fails us fans as the Knicks organization has done. Fail-Jackson set us back at least 5 years with bad picks and contracts. Tanking sounds great until you actually have swallow watching the train wreck. At least I’m out of market so I miss most the mess. But I enjoy htr10 play by plays and Mafra’s insight... 25 games to go until KO.com locker clean out...another lost season
Co-sign that. 2 solid KO members and die-hard Knicks fans.

Co-sign that. 2 solid KO members and die-hard Knicks fans.

Honestly, man, you and Chief are great guys and easy to deal with. Kiya and I tend to see eye to eye on most things these days. Broadway and I have found a rhythm with each other so that we?re not constantly arguing. Things with me and Mafra keep getting uglier. This place is never going to build back up when 33% of its regular posters are making things unpleasant. Apparently, I?m an internet ?tough guy?. Very scary. Not sure what to do about Mafra at this point. His solution is that I just shut up about things.

Well, hey, there you go! Where was this post earlier? All you had to say was Knits not contributing much to stat line bc coach not playing him with mudiay.

You see, this is putting your Knits Pom poms down and staying in the moment. That’s a comment that actually directly feeds of my statement that Knits is 0-0-0-0 in 20 minutes.

Instead, You decided to pick a fight and start rambling about plus-minus metrics and how savvy fans understand how defense is meaningful.

I literally said exactly this point about playing Ntilikina and Mudiay together with a timestamp at 21:06. To answer your question of "Where was this post earlier?".

mafra

Legend
I literally said exactly this point about playing Ntilikina and Mudiay together with a timestamp at 21:06. To answer your question of "Where was this post earlier?".

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
?Knits with 0-0-0 line in 12 minutes?

HTr10 replies: ?Ntilikina is +6, Mudiay is -10. It?s almost as if Ntilikina affects the game on defense or something...?

In reality, this is what you wrote in response to my initial post on this website.

Sound a tad snarky? A sort of response that should garner my respect? It not only doesn?t imply that not playing with Mudiay hurt tonight, but it bent/warped my stance to suddenly its becoming a Knits v mudiay.
Like where did that come From?

Again, a response of ?Horn screwing with rookie, not putting him with Mudiay hurting.... anything b-ball related....? that?s all good. Your reply, well look where it got us.

I do my utmost to keep things b-ball related only. No need to get personal.... snarky will always boil another man?s blood (especially when you re-print a man?s words and take message out of context.?

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
?Knits with 0-0-0 line in 12 minutes?

HTr10 replies: ?Ntilikina is +6, Mudiay is -10. It?s almost as if Ntilikina affects the game on defense or something...?

In reality, this is what you wrote in response to my initial post on this website.

Sound a tad snarky? A sort of response that should garner my respect? It not only doesn?t imply that not playing with Mudiay hurt tonight, but it bent/warped my stance to suddenly its becoming a Knits v mudiay.
Like where did that come From?

Again, a response of ?Horn screwing with rookie, not putting him with Mudiay hurting.... anything b-ball related....? that?s all good. Your reply, well look where it got us.

I do my utmost to keep things b-ball related only. No need to get personal.... snarky will always boil another man?s blood (especially when you re-print a man?s words and take message out of context.?

Yes, it was snarky. I apologize. You took the post way more personally than I expected, especially for someone who has resorted to outright name calling in my direction in prior threads.

Just say a post bothered you. Took you 2 hours of being condescending to cut to the chase.

mafra

Legend
Geez, that?s an apology for the ages. Maybe the screenwriter will steal that verbatim when they film Notebook 2 at some point.

mafra

Legend
Sure bro... life?s too short to harbor and stew in the nasty brew of resentment. I don?t hold grudges... Maybe I?m a tad too spiteful or just a wise ass.... anyway, if I upset you in any way on a personal level than I certainly apologize. We escape her for a momentary reprieve... a respite from the travails of the afternoon... and if I somehow directly insulted you in the past, then a thousand more apologies.

When the Knicks win their next title... I?ll buy a few pizza pies, with all the toppzings, to be delivered to to you.

Sure bro... life?s too short to harbor and stew in the nasty brew of resentment. I don?t hold grudges... Maybe I?m a tad too spiteful or just a wise ass.... anyway, if I upset you in any way on a personal level than I certainly apologize. We escape her for a momentary reprieve... a respite from the travails of the afternoon... and if I somehow directly insulted you in the past, then a thousand more apologies.

When the Knicks win their next title... I?ll buy a few pizza pies, with all the toppzings, to be delivered to to you.

Cool, man. Let?s keep watching this stupid, terrible team together.

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like I don't need to watch the replay of this game.

I do agree with Maf on the +/- in that it does tend to overrate and skew here and there. I do feel Knits can be one of our better +/- players, although a few games ago Jack bested him in this stat category and has several times this yr. So what are we to draw from this?

With that being said, first things first let's develop a style of play and see if we can get someone to run our sets/team on a consistent basis to understand what's going on. For the record pre trade McConnell slapped us around at the Garden. If I'm not mistaken he hit the game winner in Philly last yr.

So instead of trying to silver line our Favs how about getting on Hornacek for allowing the same player to kill us over and over and over, one of marginal talent. This is why I never get giddy over the Galloways/Burkes/Prigonis/Shveds etc etc because every team has one fellas, if not better. They've never amounted to anything sustainable for our team

We as Knick fans never respect the roster of other teams, which baffles me. Oh and I hope everyone sees why THJR's contract is bad and will be for the duration of his time here, just awful beyond!

Kiyaman

Legend
Honestly, man, you and Chief are great guys and easy to deal with. Kiya and I tend to see eye to eye on most things these days. Broadway and I have found a rhythm with each other so that we?re not constantly arguing. Things with me and Mafra keep getting uglier. This place is never going to build back up when 33% of its regular posters are making things unpleasant. Apparently, I?m an internet ?tough guy?. Very scary. Not sure what to do about Mafra at this point. His solution is that I just shut up about things.

Chill .. agree to disagree .. tomorrow's another day .. u never know Hornacek may show up at practice this week to announce no more TANKING !!!

I'm watching the GS Warriors vs Phoenix Suns (coach Hornacek previous team) ....
GS Warriors are playing TEAM-Ball on both sides of the court at all 5 positions in their 10 man rotation .. a same-page team having great ball-movement.

The Phoenix Suns are not moving without the ball on offense .. way to many isolation plays n 3 pt shots .. decent half-court defense .. poor poor uptempo defense ..
Doesn't the Phoenix Suns performance sound like the Knicks performance .. now we all know the Phoenix Suns are Tanking for a 1 to 3 Lottery pick !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Both of you contribute quite a bit to KO.com, so just agree to disagree and keep it moving. This is what happens the organization fails us fans as the Knicks organization has done. Fail-Jackson set us back at least 5 years with bad picks and contracts. Tanking sounds great until you actually have swallow watching the train wreck. At least I?m out of market so I miss most the mess. But I enjoy htr10 play by plays and Mafra?s insight... 25 games to go until KO.com locker clean out...another lost season😓

So True !!!

paris401

Starter
Yes, it was snarky. I apologize. You took the post way more personally than I expected, especially for someone who has resorted to outright name calling in my direction in prior threads.
Just say a post bothered you. Took you 2 hours of being condescending to cut to the chase.

now if the team showed 1/2 the passion shown by you guys, we'd be in the playoff's....

tiger0330

Legend
That?s pretty funny. You know what, Mafra, you?re an alright guy. You want to both move on with our lives now?

Glad you guys worked it out.

Kiyaman

Legend
SG??? the guy cant shoot... and with a stat line of 0-0-0, he's not much of a PG... bad pick??? the jury is out...

Yeah .. u right Tim Hardaway Jr can't shoot a lick .. we need to send him down to the G.League asap ....
Or was I right bout Lee n THJ should never be in the same lineup !!!