Not good enough

metrocard

Legend
...Isiah is still affiliated with this franchise

After raping this franchise for 4.5 years, Isiah gets blessed with a position in this franchise.

What the fuck, what has Isiah done to deserve to be here besides take it up the ass by J. Dolan?

Isiahsexuals still have something to brag about. This isn't good enough, especially after such a long wait.

metrocard

Legend
isiahcircuscleanerba8.jpg

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
That could possibly be the case with Isiah, but still its not official if Walsh really did have plans to stick him into a random role for the team, I mean his scouting can't hurt us.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Welcome back Metro. I had a feeling your return would be today. I gotta co-sign your thread, i dont care if this jackass is cleaning toilets i dont want him back here.I would like to ask Walsh to give me one reason why Isiah deserves to be affilitated with this team in any way. If madison square garden wants to start an yearly circus i dont mind isiah being part of it but besides that i cant think of any other purpose for Isiah to still have a job at MSG. I have said i wanna see him dead in the past but i dont mean that. However, i wouldnt mind seeing him hurt badly. Someone please Kimbo Slice him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i dont think donnie wanted to keep isiah around, i think its more james dolan

Your right they did mention that and I answered my own question. Dolan would like to keep Isiah around because of the money thats involved. Like the say money is the root of all evil.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think this will get better for Knick fans over time, I know we all wanted him gone completley, but my theory is that as long as he is in a invisable position, I can deal with it. The less we see of him the better it will be for Knick fans, once a new GM and coach are hired, then it will seem more like he is gone.I mean regardless he will be on the pay roll for three more years, so it would be like him still being here in that regard. But he has been stripped of his power and that is a start for me. Although I cant help but be a little annoyed at how this would not happen with any other coach getting fired!

Personally...

I don't see an issue with Isaiah being a part of the scouting team in some capacity as he works out the rest of his enormous contract. I mean, one thing Isaiah has proven he is good at is talent evaluation (draft wise). No one knows who the scout people are unless they work their way up. Not gonna happen with Zeke, but at least he will be working for his money somehow and not banking it on his behind.

Donnie will help stabilize the roster, new coach new vision, and some of these players will be here when it turns around. Then we'll be saying at least Zeke left us with that.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree Isiah has no business being any part of this team. Isiah and Dolan are weird, its like getting divorced from your wife and still living with her. No wonder the Knicks are the laughing stock of the league with decisions like this.

metrocard

Legend
Isiah is completely overrated as a draft man. He did a good job in Toronto, but as a Knick, all he's draft were bench players and scrubs. Thomas has no eye for anything. He has drafted nothing but roleplayers. He's an average at best at drafting

1 mediocre pick (Lee), 3 awful picks (Frye, Balkman, Collins), 1 questionable pick (Nate).

New New York

Quiet Storm
Isiah is completely overrated as a draft man. He did a good job in Toronto, but as a Knick, all he's draft were bench players and scrubs. Thomas has no eye for anything. He has drafted nothing but roleplayers. He's an average at best at drafting

1 mediocre pick (Lee), 3 awful picks (Frye, Balkman, Collins), 1 questionable pick (Nate).

Co Sign Bro!

Not to mention he was the one who wanted Fred Jones over Tayshun Prince! Marcus Camby over Kobe, Ray Allen, and Steph. I think he has done ok with the Knicks, D Lee for where he got him was good, Ariza at 43 wasnt too bad either, but all in all not the draft profit everyone makes him out to.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Balkman an awful pick

Metro I just realized you said Balkman was an awful pick! I thought you liked him? Not to say I don't see where your coming from. Although there really wasnt much left behind Balkman in that draft. Marcus Williams, and no one else unless I'm forgetting someone

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

i wanna know how lee is a mediocre pick, he was i think the 29 or 30th pick and a player who fell off of a lot of people's draft board after he decided to stay in college, i'll say frye is an awful pick but i wont say collins is an awful pick yet(but werent u a collins fanatic a couple of months ago), and arent u a balkman fan too??? i dont know how nate is a questionable pick, nate is a great talent who's only gettin better with upside

metrocard

Legend
Balkman would of been available at the later first round pick.

We needed a PG, Rondo, Williams, Farmar, Lowry, Rodriguez, and Gibson were all available.

Nate isn't better than any of those PG's and was picked too early. Everyone was like WTF when Nate was pick.
Jack, Garcia, Head, Klieza, Maxiell all would kick Nate's ass. Still a questionable pick.

Most of these guys are now rotation players, where Balkman is pretty much a useless player if he doesn't play with passion, especially with the injuries he has had lately. Isiah took away Balkman's confidence, now its up to Balkman to pick up his pride and improve his work ethic to progress in the NBA. Nate's potential is limited due to his size and his lack of PG skills.

The Lee pick was IGHT, Monta Ellis, Andray Blatche, Gomes, Wiliams were all available too.

Isiah isn't a draft God, he isn't great at drafting and his resume as a Knick shows it.

Isiah does NOTHING GOOD, he's the worst executive in Knicks history; anyone gives one ounce of credit to him is an Isiahsexual. I'm not even doing a good enough job of bashing him.

Hmmm..

Balkman, jury is still out on him. It is only his second year. Tough to call anyone in their second year awful. Does his game leave lots to be desired? Yes. But that is usually the case for most second year players. Things we know about him:

He plays defense, is a pure athlete and rebounds. He has value, just needs the time. I doubt highly he was picked for offensive potential anyways because when Zeke picked him, he said he reminded him of Dennis Rodman. Rodman was just a very good all around basketball player. Balkman still has time to get there.

Lee would easily be a double, double a night as a starter. Will he ever be a stout defender? Probably not, but no one will out hustle him night in and out. I think Lee from where he was picked, and how he has managed to play well and expand his game each year on a team without focus, turned out to be a flat out steal. To say he was a mediocre pick based on where he was picked (and note a pf was picked at #7 who he surpassed and will be better than) is a slight to him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, Metrocard. I have to agree. Isiah Thomas does not deserve any role with the team. I don't even trust him as a scout, because there was rumors that Isiah wanted to draft Eric Gordon(a shooting guard that would only add to the already long list of shooting guards on this team) while he was still President and head coach . If I absolutely had to give Isiah a job with the organization, I would make him an assistant coach, but that's only if I had to.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Stephen A Smith said that Isiah might be an advisor to the new coach if Mark Jackson comes in to the coaching job. Strict is what we need, but Isiah Thomas has an advisor is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! Dolan wants Isiah in the organization.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great thread, Metrocard. I have to agree. Isiah Thomas does not deserve any role with the team. I don't even trust him as a scout, because there was rumors that Isiah wanted to draft Eric Gordon(a shooting guard that would only add to the already long list of shooting guards on this team) while he was still President and head coach . If I absolutely had to give Isiah a job with the organization, I would make him an assistant coach, but that's only if I had to.

Whoa Assistant coach! That is way too close to the action for me. Make him a scout, that way he is never with the team! Assistant coaches can take over a game if a coach is ejected! Assistant coaches work with players

If Dolan wanted him here so bad why didnt he give him a job at MSG (non Knick related) or a job at Cablevision. He owns a popcorn company so that tells me he has some buisness sense, so make him an exec with Cablevision or give him Steve Mills job since he no longer has any say on The Knicks anymore. Anything that takes The Knick logo off his buisness card!

But like I said before, the longer we go without seeing him the better this will be for Knick fans! I think that Donnie should put a gag order him not to be able to speak to the media about The Knicks going forward! That would really make him disappear

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Some mfers will always piss on their shoes. The man is no longer coaching the team. Can we at least agree that that is a great move for the Knicks. Who gives a shit what his new position will be. He will have zero authority and no one will report to him. Not a president, not a coach and not a GM. Isn't this what we all wanted?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Isiah wanted to draft Eric Gordon(a shooting guard that would only add to the already long list of shooting guards on this team) while he was still President and head coach

highly doubt that, isiah is very unpredictable when it comes to drafting