How many wills would melo give these teams

LJ4ptplay

Starter
you can easily argue that him saying hes got to look out for his family, and a smart business move; meaning his wife has an affinity with NY, and what better business move for a superstar is there outside of playing for a NY franchise.

He was honest; it is best for his family, and a smart business move, whats wrong with that ?

Because he only had to wait a few more months and would still be disgustingly rich, but has most likely eliminated any chance at the Knicks ever being championship contenders. That's whats wrong. Is being good and having superstar names the only thing that matters to fans? F*ck that. I want a championship. We've waited too long.

If he wanted NY for his family and for more endorsements than he could have waited. If he wanted to win a title for the Knicks, he would have waited. But he didn't. He wanted the money first and foremost. That is what mattered most to Melo, not winning. He even said he would have signed with the Nets had we not traded for him. He is not about winning, he's about money. That's it.

There is really no other way to look at it. Sure fans can try and sugarcoat his greed by saying "smart business move", "he needs to take care of his family" as if he would have somehow been struggling to get by had he waited, but any non-biased observer can call it for what it truly is.

All I can say is that the new CBA better allow us to build a contender. We should have been contenders THIS year had he not been so greedy. If not, it's all on Melo and his greed. There is no other way to look at it.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Exactly. Before the trade we had a team which showed some signs of chemistry. Now we have 2 overrated superstars who can't co-exist together, can't make each other better, can't make their teammates better. Two selfish scorers. And aging Billups + bunch of scrubs. Even if we get 3rd superstar (which is likely not going to happen anyway because we have no pieces to trade and new CBA may not allow this to happen) still we would get owned by Bulls or Heat.
The team we had before was average at best, and I guess we forget the multiple losing streaks we had, had one very good streak, and then stumbled into a .500 record pre trade.

But there no doubt in my mind that Amar'e and Melo can co-exist, and with some time under their belt together before whenever the season starts, we'd be considerably better than that, definitely to the point of not losing to the Cavs, and other under teams multiple times.

Knicks#7

Rookie
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
The team we had before was average at best, and I guess we forget the multiple losing streaks we had, had one very good streak, and then stumbled into a .500 record pre trade.

But there no doubt in my mind that Amar'e and Melo can co-exist, and with some time under their belt together before whenever the season starts, we'd be considerably better than that, definitely to the point of not losing to the Cavs, and other under teams multiple times.
Wow, I can't believe some of the things Knick fans are thinking. Melo is a TOP talent in this league who wants to win and has the mindset and talent to turn this team around for the better. Constant defensive effort and the right role players and we are set. We were not going ANYWHERE with Gallo and Chandler. When Amare went out the game, we had noone who could carry the load. And how can you hate the man for wanting his money, look at where the league is at right now. Come on

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Please remove anything HEAT related, we beat the Heat before the trade and we beat them after the trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
This POST reminds me of the 2005 and 2006-7 Lakers when rumors
had Kobe asking to be traded.

I have nothing against the high scoring Melo.....but the Knicks had
a growin-team-chemistry within Chandler/Gallo/TD/and Fields.
Four cheap players with strong future capabilities on the same team.
They CLICKED!

The team the Knicks had before the (Melo) trade were being coached
all wrong.....headcoach Dam-Phony tried to run Stat's knees out of
commision in his first season as a Knicks.
The rest is easy to figure out.....

Kiyaman

Legend
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
Wow, I can't believe some of the things Knick fans are thinking. Melo is a TOP talent in this league who wants to win and has the mindset and talent to turn this team around for the better. Constant defensive effort and the right role players and we are set. We were not going ANYWHERE with Gallo and Chandler. When Amare went out the game, we had noone who could carry the load. And how can you hate the man for wanting his money, look at where the league is at right now. Come on

First things first....we have to see if Stat & Melo could coexist, share
the ball, switch and communicate together on defense.
Melo is a top-10 player in the league....here's an easy bet for u.
My money is on FA Kenyon Martin making it to the FINALS before Carmelo.

Knicks#7

Rookie
They are gonna have to co exist and all of the above. I agree. I'm holding out hope that between them and (gulp) the coaching staff, this will happen. I also agree that Kenyon Martin may make it to the Finals before Melo, but as a role player for an already established team who probably could get there if you replaced Martin with Kurt Thomas, Baby Davis, or Reggie Evans. I just want to see a productive season with a focus on Defense and the right role players and let's see what we can do

They are gonna have to co exist and all of the above. I agree. I'm holding out hope that between them and (gulp) the coaching staff, this will happen. I also agree that Kenyon Martin may make it to the Finals before Melo, but as a role player for an already established team who probably could get there if you replaced Martin with Kurt Thomas, Baby Davis, or Reggie Evans. I just want to see a productive season with a focus on Defense and the right role players and let's see what we can do

one thing we must all remember

melo and amare

just the beginning.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Kenyon Martin could have made the finals with Melo in Denver, if he wasn't injured damn near every year.

But yeah, I can see him latching on to a contender, and riding to the finals.

He won't be a major contributor doing it.

Kiyaman

Legend

Knicks#7.....we all are hoping to see a great co-existence between
Stat & Melo throughout the next 5 seasons....but the Knicks last two
postseason games (113-96 & 101-89) is hard to erase/delete from ones
vision.
The Knicks two superstar top-10 players in the NBA (Stat & Melo) went
their seperate way after both played 43 minutes on April 24th in the
final game of the season. The two havnt been in a gym together since
then (its Sept 7).

According to a report in Newsday, the Knicks will hold a players-only
preseason camp from Oct. 19 - Nov. 6.
The camp was organized by Amare Stoudemire.
After playing in the Melo-Goodman game in Baltimore last month, Carmelo
Anthony said he hoped to organize an October camp.

The original time for the opening of the NBA Training-Camp is usually the
last week of Sept. or the first week of Oct.. The Summer League Games
were cancel do to the lockout.
The Knicks invested $100M each in Stat & Melo to represent the Knicks
organization for the next 5 to 6 years (annually each makes twice as much
as the headcoach, GM, and president).
In the last 5 months of offseason the Knicks two superstars has not
stepped-up to the plate to show they are worthy of being team-leaders.
alot of talk with no action to show for it.

The Lockout put the "team-ball" in Stat & Melo hands to organize
and prepare teammates while representing the New York Knicks for
the upcoming season. Our two super-stars for the last 5 month actually
pass the "teamball" as if it was a hot potato. Pushing the schedual of
the first team-wokout to Oct 19, which is the time we would be practicing
for our 5th preseason game if the lockout wouldve ended the first week of
September.

u cant teach, learn, or play "team-defense" on the fly from only a week of Training-Camp.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here is a reminder of our final game to show what we are working
with.....recall since the Boston Big-3 has been put together they
have never swept a team in the playoffs....untill the Knicks.

NEW YORK -- The Boston Celtics never let this develop into the intriguing series that was expected.
Instead, they turned it into the easiest one their current group has ever experienced.
Kevin Garnett had 26 points and 10 rebounds, Rajon Rondo added 21 points and 12 assists, and the Celtics swept their way into the Eastern Conference semifinals, holding on for a 101-89 victory over the New York Knicks on Sunday.
Ray Allen and reserve Glen Davis each added 14 points for the Celtics, the first team into the second round after sweeping a series for the first time since a 3-0 victory over Indiana in 1992, the last series victory for their old Big Three before Larry Bird retired.

Carmelo Anthony had 32 points and nine rebounds, and Amare Stoudemire, who decided to play after his back felt better, finished with 19 points and 12 boards but shot only 5-of-20 from the field.
I guess this is why I am more excited about getting Chuancy Billups
(player/coach/and leadership strategy), then I am about the addition
of a high scoring Melo.
Chuancy Billups have two great seasons left in him, which is a strong
reason why I want this lockout to end the month of September or October.
I have lots of trust in a 26 minute per game Billups teaching and developing
backcourt players TD/Fields/Shumpert/and Walker into a complete rotation.
I dont trust Mike Dantoni with any of these backcourt players, his first
philosophy of shooting the 3-ball made me want him FIRED his first season
as a Knicks.

u cant teach, learn, or play "team-defense" on the fly from only a week of Training-Camp.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kenyon Martin could have made the finals with Melo in Denver, if he wasn't injured damn near every year.
But yeah, I can see him latching on to a contender, and riding to the finals.
He won't be a major contributor doing it.

Kenyon Martin arrival in Denver never received any luv mainly b/c
his outstanding leadership in college and the NBA caused conflict
with Carmelo Anthony style of performance (huge offensive effort
with no-defensive effort). And it didnt help Kenyon Martin when he
called Coach Karl playoff strategy "no strategy at all".
However, u and others could call Kenyon Martin tour in Denver injury-prone.
While forgetting Kenyon Martin frontcourt leadership took Rookies Jason Collins & Richardson to the FINALS twice.
K.Martin was the first pick in the draft and on his way to getting the ROY....
but went down do to an injury, which immediately lead to the team trading Starbury for Jason Kidd.
Funny how Stat's back injury appeared after the Melo trade, and hasnt
healed in 5 straight months of his vacation.
What happen to Curry Heart problem in Chicago?
Gallo was out with back injury for 5 months his rookie season, before he
received playingtime.

While forgetting Kenyon Martin frontcourt leadership took Rookies Jason Collins & Richardson to the FINALS twice.
but went down do to an injury, which immediately lead to the team trading Starbury for Jason Kidd.
received playingtime.

funny how this thread has turned into kiya man talking to himself again lol.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
received playingtime.

None of this post make any sense.

What outstanding leadership did K-mart possess?

Kenyon has always been injured, that's not an excuse, it's a reason.

And no, Jason Kidd led the Nets to two straight finals appearances, not K-Mart. If anything Kidd made K-mart even look like an NBA player, definitely got him that contract from Denver, only to be more....injured.

And who is Richardson???

And what exactly does all that other stuff have to do with Melo?

Stat didn't hurt his back in a game protecting the paint or something, he was styling with dunks in a warmup.

^ Don't bother bro.. to Kiya.. everyone not in a Knick uni displayes unlimited potential to be great and have extremely high bball Iqs.. You'll see this after awhile..

Kiyaman

Legend
None of this post make any sense.

What outstanding leadership did K-mart possess?

Kenyon has always been injured, that's not an excuse, it's a reason.
And no, Jason Kidd led the Nets to two straight finals appearances, not K-Mart. If anything Kidd made K-mart even look like an NBA player, definitely got him that contract from Denver, only to be more....injured.
And who is Richardson???
And what exactly does all that other stuff have to do with Melo?
Stat didn't hurt his back in a game protecting the paint or something, he was styling with dunks in a warmup.

Funny how it looks like ($100M) Stat is about to follow the same path
as ($100M) Kenyon Martin did with Melo.

I could see u dont watch college ball....Kenyon Martin leadership in
Cincinnatti made him the 1st pick in the NBA 2000 draft-class.
The Rookie of the year was in K-Mart hands untill he got injured in
late February (Marbury was the PG).
My BAD.....on Richardson, I meant Richard Jefferson....my bad.

Kenyon Martin and Amare had a lot to do with Marbury being traded
from the Nets & the Suns. Their so-call injuries before and during the
Marbury trade was not a coincidence.

Jason Kidd is a great uptempo creative PG who had teammates like
Mcdyess, Marion, Carter, and Dirk, but none of those teammates came
close to doing what "Kidd & K-Mart" did in the NBA in a 3 year span.

The topic of this thread is how many WINS Melo can give to a team?
When the topic shouldve been can Melo do, or add on to what Stat
did to the Knicks? Stat had (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th season) teammates
playing decent team-ball developing chemistry on both sides of the court.

Kiyaman

Legend
I never said the knicks talent was shattered, I said CORE CORE CORE

their talent has increased tremendously, and the chemistry will eventually be there. I beg to differ that that chemistry was there with the former early season squad; based on the fact that they were playing terrrrible going into the all star break, after starting 22-15 they lost something like 10 out of 15 before the melo trade, so dont act like they were 27-14 top 3 team in the east, then melo came over and destroyed us

I said our CORE was shattered, in terms of our team we improved.

i smell hater

I said, I said, I said.....another one of your I said threads

pat

Starter
Jason Kidd is a great uptempo creative PG who had teammates like
Mcdyess, Marion, Carter, and Dirk, but none of those teammates came
close to doing what "Kidd & K-Mart" did in the NBA in a 3 year span.

Well, Dirk and Kidd winning a title is pretty close to "what [they] did in the NBA in a 3 year span." It is actually much more. But I have to agree with you that "building up chemistry" and "getting the team together for a training camp" has been lip-service so far.