Who will create the biggest impact for the Knicks?

Who will be most important for us to succeed next year?

• Jason Kidd

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Ray Felton

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Pablo Prigioni

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Ronnie Brewer Jr.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Marcus Camby

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Kurt Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Copeland

• Chris Smith

• James White

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I agree with CA7. Felton did not have Carmelo or Chandler to dish to when he played on previous Knick squad, this team is MUCH deeper than any team's he's EVER played on before, with more finishers. plus, he's coming in this season with a chip on his shoulder, and he'll be in good shape. dollars to donuts, Feltip will excel.

From your keyboard to GOD's inbox.

I think the pudgy little fella has it in him. Maybe he will feel the Gahden energy again and it will awaken his inner beast.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It has to be Felton because his position as starting PG will be vital to the team. If he can get Melo and Amare shots in good positions then this team will begin to take shape and become a dominant force. Also, he is more than ready to prove that he's no downgrade from our former 25+ game sensation. Trust me, he's heard all the talk about Lin being better than him after only playing a little more than a 1/4 of a regular season and he's ready to shut people up.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I am going to vote for Ronnie Brewer Jr. I hope he can transition into the role we needed Landry to fill for the past two seasons. That role in my opinion is :

- Play good team defense , Play passing lanes to start breaks / transition offense , and guard the best perimeter player so Melo does not have too

- Rebound at 3-6 rpg

- Knock down open shots ( 3 pointers ) / space floor

The thing I am most worried about from Ronnie would be his ability to knock down 3 pointers. He is a pro so I am sure Woody has him working on this part of his game just as Landry was when the off season started.

Good thread OP! :2cents:

I think Felton is going to make the biggest impact out of your options. He's the starting PG so that's an obvious huge factor, & if his chemistry with STAT from his previous stint returns next season, this team will see a tremendous boost in performance.

(btw, Kidd is wearing #5 for us this year) ;)

image.jpg

Crazy⑧s;246110 said:
Dead set draw between Kidd and Felton.

Felton will add to his game under Kidd's tutelage.

Kidd will add to his legacy through the successes of moulding Felton.

There is an equilibrium between the 2, as one needs the other to help the team succeed. In doing so, they become successes.

Long term, Felton. A season or 2 of high output and orchestration and he's done what he needs to do as Kidd's career reaches its twilight. He will then move on to another team as this 3 year window of opportunity comes to a close presumably, with a winner's ticket to a new and suitable contract for him.

Can't wait to see it all unfold! :gony:

Marcus Camby, the guys a starter on ALOT of other teams and he comes here to become a backup.

our interior Defense hasnt looked this unstoppable in quite some time.

I'm not sure about Kidd, after that DUI, I get the feeling that he's here to coast into retirement and party. I could be wrong, of course.

I voted Camby. He's going to bridge that gap between Chandler and the rest of the team. It's a second guy that can swat and board, kind of the intermediate role between Amar'e and Tyson on defense.

Raymond Felton

I think he's gonna be huge for us this year

He's gonna run the show play 32-36 minutes a night, get STAT&Melo easy buckets, keep the rhythm going for our team. Defense starts with him this year putting pressure on opposing PG's

Felton will give us

16ppg
8.5apg- 1.5topg
48% FG's-37% 3's-82% FT's

With Kidd or felton in my opinion
Ima go felton simply because of his hunger to shut haters/critics up and he's playing with a chip. Also lets.not forget the man has chemistry with stat. He's part of the revival.

All the others are huge contributors but feltons will be the steepest

No question that Ronnie Brewer can be the key especially in the absence of Shumpert. If Brewer can get his 9 point average up so much the better as we know he can play defense.

hah i voted for james white!

The easiest question to answer .. Kidd's floor leadership, Kidds bench-coaching, and Kidds lockerroom discipline.

Kidd has the cred, Lin didn't. The players respect Kidd and will do and listen to what Kidd has to say.

All good Responses each player brings something to the team.

Fp11A.gif

Fp11A.gif

Fp11A.gif

Fp11A.gif

Fp11A.gif

Fp11A.gif

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Almost all of us here can agree that either Felton or Kidd will have the biggest role among all of our offseason acquisitions......but who should start?

IMO, it should be Kidd.

His versatility in terms of play style has made him a starter throughout his entire career. He can run an uptempo and halfcourt offense to perfection. More importantly, he knows how to run an offense in the halfcourt set, which in my mind is the type of offense that will be most effective for our big three frontcourt of Melo, STAT and TC.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Almost all of us here can agree that either Felton or Kidd will have the biggest role among all of our offseason acquisitions......but who should start?

IMO, it should be Kidd.

His versatility in terms of play style has made him a starter throughout his entire career. He can run an uptempo and halfcourt offense to perfection. More importantly, he knows how to run an offense in the halfcourt set, which in my mind is the type of offense that will be most effective for our big three frontcourt of Melo, STAT and TC.
I believe its been stated Felton is our starter. Plus JR wants Kidd off the bench with him.

Pearl15

Rookie
With Kidd or felton in my opinion
Ima go felton simply because of his hunger to shut haters/critics up and he's playing with a chip. Also lets.not forget the man has chemistry with stat. He's part of the revival.

All the others are huge contributors but feltons will be the steepest
Its gotta be Felton because if he can get the pick and roll working again with STAT it will free up Melo, Novak and even Chandler. What we don't need from Felton is alot of shots to try and be Lin in Jan/Feb 12. Just be the distributor.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Its gotta be Felton because if he can get the pick and roll working again with STAT it will free up Melo, Novak and even Chandler. What we don't need from Felton is alot of shots to try and be Lin in Jan/Feb 12. Just be the distributor.

I could be wrong but I believe Woodson wants Chandler to be the main P&R option and STAT lurking in the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
:shock2:

I didn't know Woody has already appointed Felton as the starter. Doesn't he need to work for it first??

I been wondering the samething....this is the only forum that puts Felton as a starter .. oldman Kidd career performance of tripple-double puts Kidd in the class with HOF Magic Johnson/Oscar Robertson .. what NBA coach in his right mind are going to tell a 39 yr old HOF he is not a starter?

Mike Woodson is not that coach .. especially when Jason Kidd philosophy is the solution to the Knicks biggest problem of getting Tyson/Stat/Melo to co-exist on both sides of the court.

tiger0330

Legend
When Lin was here Kidd was OK with not starting, he wanted to finish the games. In Dallas Carlisle limited his minutes and I don't see that changing with Felton and him being a year older.

He may be on his way to the HOF but can't create his own shot any longer like Ray can. Only way he becomes a 30 min player is if Felton is injured or is a bust.