Duhon Disgusted in Team Defense

I Can battle with you all day toons about david lee, but I have to co sign this, good thread, should dead any true knick fans dismissal of duhon as being a legitimate PG for this team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I like Duhon for this sort of leadership. I also like the atmosphere of our locker room created by the new staff that a player feels comfortable coming out like this, because in years past this sort of comment wouldve led to turmoil. I dont ever think we will be a good defensive team, but, I do think Mike will get us playing better team D.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good thread toons hopefully our players realize that games(and championships) are won on the defensive end....no reason why we cant lay D and fast break offense

D'Antoni needs to come up with defensive schemes that work

good thread toons hopefully our players realize that games(and championships) are won on the defensive end....no reason why we cant lay D and fast break offense

D'Antoni needs to come up with defensive schemes that work

how many coaches have to attempt to teach these players how to play defense before we realize it is not the coaches fault but the players faults. It does not matter who coaches these guys DAVID LEE IS THE WORST DEFENDING STARTING PF IN THE NBA TODAY. al harrington plays defense as consistent as his jump shot drops, and the rest of the team is worse at defense than both of them, duhon plays hard defense isnt a 1st 2nd or even 3rd all nba team defender, but thats the make up of the team, we cannot defend, chandler gets away with being a poor defensive player because his athleticism makes up for allot, none of these players understand positioning, rotating, reading the pick and roll, acknowledging back doors, and talking to eachother on defense.I refuse to believe that all of the success Mike D has had in his career includes him having an inability to address the aforementioned issues. They try really hard SOMETIMES, and they get a few stops, but that nuggets game, they had a few spirts, but those spirts came when JR smith was bailing them out by shooting 30 footers. I would say oh its the nuggets they have melo, but how do you explain the t wolves game. 115 points given up a game, 3-10 in december 6 losses in a row.

New New York

Quiet Storm
how many coaches have to attempt to teach these players how to play defense before we realize it is not the coaches fault but the players faults. It does not matter who coaches these guys DAVID LEE IS THE WORST DEFENDING STARTING PF IN THE NBA TODAY. al harrington plays defense as consistent as his jump shot drops, and the rest of the team is worse at defense than both of them, duhon plays hard defense isnt a 1st 2nd or even 3rd all nba team defender, but thats the make up of the team, we cannot defend, chandler gets away with being a poor defensive player because his athleticism makes up for allot, none of these players understand positioning, rotating, reading the pick and roll, acknowledging back doors, and talking to eachother on defense.I refuse to believe that all of the success Mike D has had in his career includes him having an inability to address the aforementioned issues. They try really hard SOMETIMES, and they get a few stops, but that nuggets game, they had a few spirts, but those spirts came when JR smith was bailing them out by shooting 30 footers. I would say oh its the nuggets they have melo, but how do you explain the t wolves game. 115 points given up a game, 3-10 in december 6 losses in a row.

I agree with you in that the Knick players are all at best sub par defenders, but you also have to realize when you play small ball it gives you an advantage on one end, but creates a problem on the defensive end. David Lee is not as a bad defender as you say just a victim of bad match ups. Now is he Oakley?....hell no! But I think David Lee has potential to being a good defender and he has shown it at times. Also Wilson is more than just athletic, Wilson is actually a good defender, I think Yesterday he was a victim of some good play by Carmelo but I think he did make Camelo work to get those shots. It was Wilson's D in his first Summer League game match up against Yi that made me take notice to him. Wilson I think will turn out to be a good defender for us!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i possibly missed something here, but what does that article have to do with team defence?
seemed like Duhon and journalist were talking about offence, how the Knicks dont have a go-to guy like Carmelo, a guy who can take over games, and so we must play team offence with good ball movement all the way

I dont care man develop develop develop its LEES 4th year man, hes not gonna get that much better in the next 3 or 4 years because he will either be traded to a team with more talent around him, or he will stay on the knicks where we will sign more talent in years to come, therefore he will be diminished to his rightful place as a quality role player for another winning team, or a winning knicks team, but dude is NOT that good.