Amare has transformed from a 26 ppg wrecking ball now into

I agree STAT has lost a step and some hops. He has to adjust. Its imperative that he develop a low post game, if he really doesnt have one. He could still get 20 & 9-10 a night if he adjusts.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Weird thought just went in my mind (could be I need sleep) but remember when Patrick Ewing was in Georgetown, the story that his coach told him to reach for anything in the air, even if it was going to be a goal-tend? That's a good mentality to have. (Just make sure you don't whack your teammates like Dikembe had a penchant for.)

KingofNy

Starter
Amare is Not being used right, he has to get passes on the roll and drive to the hoop with aggression and he has to go for offensive rebounds

Exactly.

LOL @ some people here wanting to waive Stat and trade Melo. This forum is hilarious! Smart people would realize our struggles are directly from the BAD coaching effort put forth by our moronic coach. We've been calling for Lin to play since his FIRST good effort in the Charlotte game well over a month ago. Now he finally gets put in for some decent minutes and he saves Dumbtoni's a$$.

Before tonight, D'Antoni has been hell bent on sticking with Douglas and Giraffries, giving them both over 20 minutes a game when they have NO game at all and KILL our offense. The one thing D'Antoni is good at is mismanaging his rosters, he's great at that. He's also great at running the same damn play 50 times a game (pick & roll). Stop blaming our players and blame the guy who's fault it is that we suck this season.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Exactly.

LOL @ some people here wanting to waive Stat and trade Melo. This forum is hilarious! Smart people would realize our struggles are directly from the BAD coaching effort put forth by our moronic coach. We've been calling for Lin to play since his FIRST good effort in the Charlotte game well over a month ago. Now he finally gets put in for some decent minutes and he saves Dumbtoni's a$$.

Before tonight, D'Antoni has been hell bent on sticking with Douglas and Giraffries, giving them both over 20 minutes a game when they have NO game at all and KILL our offense. The one thing D'Antoni is good at is mismanaging his rosters, he's great at that. He's also great at running the same damn play 50 times a game (pick & roll). Stop blaming our players and blame the guy who's fault it is that we suck this season.

You're exactly right. Last season everyone was on Stat's nuts now they want him to go. Typical Knicks fans. One bad year and everyone wants to clean house. We cleaned house to get Melo and that's working out great didn't it?

I'm oppose to making trades just for the sake of making them. There's absolutely no need to trade a guy that was kicking ass before D'Antoni decided to change the offense to 'Pass it to Mello' and 'Shoot the "3"'.

metrocard

Legend
You're exactly right. Last season everyone was on Stat's nuts now they want him to go. Typical Knicks fans. One bad year and everyone wants to clean house. We cleaned house to get Melo and that's working out great didn't it?

I'm oppose to making trades just for the sake of making them. There's absolutely no need to trade a guy that was kicking ass before D'Antoni decided to change the offense to 'Pass it to Mello' and 'Shoot the "3"'.

Its not about last year.

This year Stat is showing that physically he's not a dominating presence, he doesn't get up as high as he use to and isn't explosive in the paint. The injuries have finally weighed down upon him, and he's hitting 30 years old, he will only get slower and weaker as he reaches the end of his career. We've seen Amare's prime pass away and thats a problem. He's now a contract burden instead of trade value.

His crossover always fails and his shots get easily contested. Amare isn't athletic anymore and his jumper is streaky. At this point Amare is Kurt Thomas without the defense and toughness. He's very overpaid and if you can't see that as a problem then you're a blind sheep.

quiggle

Starter
is he the only Knicks player who deems himself so important he must show us what he eat?

qn4512.jpg

10wr1o5.jpg

s2r7lz.jpg

30a58h4.jpg

2n03hgp.jpg

KBlack25

Starter
FWIW I'd rather have a guy on my team who cares about fashion and showing us what food he eats over having a guy that is more concerned with being in the club and getting arrested.

People can fairly criticize what he does on the court, but until this guy embarrasses the team off the floor (see: Marbury, Stephon; Thomas, Isiah), his personal life should be left alone.

iSaYughh

Starter
At this point Amare is Kurt Thomas without the defense and toughness.

Goddamn. That is such a good comparison it's painful.

Not even mentioning his contract.

Only hope is getting back an offensive system and starting a quality PG who can cater to Amare's one trick pony game, while ballers like Chandler do their best to mask his epic deficiencies.

His one trick is albeit an nearly unstoppable one when it's going right.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Its not about last year.

This year Stat is showing that physically he's not a dominating presence, he doesn't get up as high as he use to and isn't explosive in the paint. The injuries have finally weighed down upon him, and he's hitting 30 years old, he will only get slower and weaker as he reaches the end of his career. We've seen Amare's prime pass away and thats a problem. He's now a contract burden instead of trade value.

His crossover always fails and his shots get easily contested. Amare isn't athletic anymore and his jumper is streaky. At this point Amare is Kurt Thomas without the defense and toughness. He's very overpaid and if you can't see that as a problem then you're a blind sheep.

Every player gets old and slows down but it's way too early to make that assessment. There are too many factors that you're not considering or at least identifying in your post. Factors like the point guard void, which is major. Stats has been successful largely due to playing along side Steve Nash. He saw that success continue (slightly) with Felton and Billups. Do you think it's a coincidence that he's been less efficient without a true contributor on the floor? The last few games aside, D'Antoni's got these guys jacking up threes and when Stats does get the ball it's usually not when he's in the paint. By that time the defense has plenty of time to set up.

metrocard

Legend
Every player gets old and slows down but it's way too early to make that assessment. There are too many factors that you're not considering or at least identifying in your post. Factors like the point guard void, which is major. Stats has been successful largely due to playing along side Steve Nash. He saw that success continue (slightly) with Felton and Billups. Do you think it's a coincidence that he's been less efficient without a true contributor on the floor? The last few games aside, D'Antoni's got these guys jacking up threes and when Stats does get the ball it's usually not when he's in the paint. By that time the defense has plenty of time to set up.

Its not every player and Stat is only 29 he has slowed down tremendously to the point he's not athletic or a threat in the pain. He's not strong and doesn't move fluidly.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
did no one watch the bulls game? when players were playing the pick and roll with amare look where it got him stat starts the game with a starting rookie shooting guard playing the point then starts the second with TD....T effing D. wheres the point guard play to get him the ball in the paint... tyson chandler gets alot of his points through lobs but amare isnt playing center anymore he cant be the guy catching it underneath thats now tysons job he needs someone to run the p and r with him on a nightly basis hopefully d;antoni let lin practice that with chandler and amare in practice cause looking at the nets game lin runs the pick and roll effectively

We need to trade him ASAP!

He's holding the team back big time with his lackluster play!

Him and Melo are cancers to our success.

No surprise we've played our best game of the season, best game in years with both of these con artists out.

Getting rid of Stoudemire would be the best day in recent Knicks history.

Try to acquire a Kevin Love and we're good to go.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bro, you're the most negative user on this board now... seriously, you used to write meaningful posts and right now you're just spreading hate on everyone within the Knicks organization. You've become pre Lin Knicks of this forum - unwatchable/unreadable.

smokes

Huge Member
We need to trade him ASAP!

He's holding the team back big time with his lackluster play!

Him and Melo are cancers to our success.

No surprise we've played our best game of the season, best game in years with both of these con artists out.

Getting rid of Stoudemire would be the best day in recent Knicks history.

Try to acquire a Kevin Love and we're good to go.

There is no way in hell we get Kevin Love and there is no "a Kevin Love". He's pretty much one of a kind in this league right now.

We are not gonna get rid of Melo or Amare, Amare is always gonna be a matador defender but if he at least puts the effort in that will be enough more times than not. Have we seen that effort much lately? Hell no but I'm glad our stars are getting plenty of rest right now.

Hopefully in practice they are gelling up with Lin now I can't wait to see what the Knicks will look like when our offense finally has some cohesion to it. I don't think Lin is our saviour but as a 20-25mpg PG he seems solid, he just needs to learn to shoot a jumper.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Its not about last year.

This goes a little too far. He's not quite at KT level shabiness yet. Slow down.

I agree w the premise of the thread and I think Amare has lost 1/2 a step, some due to weight/muscle gain, some to due to age. I said a week or so ago that I'd like to deal him if possible, as I'd love for this team to be out from under his hefty contract.

But I think he's been affected negatively by having Melo jack up 25-30 shots a night and not having a true point to get him the rock.

To say he's like Kurt Thomas.... no not close. He's still pretty athletic. He's just not able to overpower guys as easily as in the past.

This goes a little too far. He's not quite at KT level shabiness yet. Slow down.

I agree w the premise of the thread and I think Amare has lost 1/2 a step, some due to weight/muscle gain, some to due to age. I said a week or so ago that I'd like to deal him if possible, as I'd love for this team to be out from under his hefty contract.

But I think he's been affected negatively by having Melo jack up 25-30 shots a night and not having a true point to get him the rock.

To say he's like Kurt Thomas.... no not close. He's still pretty athletic. He's just not able to overpower guys as easily as in the past.

Every time he'S been out we've been a better defensive team, better rebounding team and better hustling team, not to mention that we were more joyable to watch.

What do we pay him $20 million a year for?

Paul1355

All Star
Its not about last year.

WIth Lin, amare should play much better. Plus as I previously said, Amare wasn't being used right and our coach doesn't get on his star players and never yells at them for stupididty so how do you expect AMare to suddenly change his game?

Amare started off the year throwing up three point shots. He stopped attacking the hoop and getting the ball down low. He stopped being aggressive on offensive rebounds like he was against the Pistons when the KNicks first beat them by 30 points.

During that game Amare was flying towards the hoop to get offensive rebounds and became a force.

This is coaching Metro. You need atleast 2 players to consistently go for the offensive rebound. THe problem is MIke D's system is to put up a shot, then runback quickly to defend against the fast break. Most of the time our whole team is back before anyone even thinks about going for an offensive rebound. Thank god we have Tyson Chandler, and Jeffries are the only ones going for offensive rebounds because it's their game. AMare has to adjust his game, the coach has to help him do this and point it out that he has to be aggressive on the boards.

Once Lin starts feeding Amare, creating space, Amare will throw it down more and gain confidence. THen his outside shot will be more consistent since guys will be guarding Amare loosely since they are worried about the pick and roll. BUt AMare has to drive more when he runs that iso play.

AMare has to be coached.