OKC@NYK 12/22 7:30pm

la2ny

Starter
awww Kblack don't tell me you didn't stay till the end tryna beat traffic.

If my ass pay 2 go see a movie ima sit in tht bitch till the credits for the next movie come on

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this win felt amazing, we need more "easy" wins like these get our players extra rest. bring on the bulls(hit) on saturday and give us a win we all want so bad.

Stat was spectacular again as well as Felton, fields and Turiaf. Chandler is really flying under the radar he's been huge for us this season

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
What I like most about this win was the communication on defense including coach Mike D'antoni yelling at the team where to go and what to do.

Big help from the bench, finally an easy win.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amazing game.

Keys to the game:

RONNY TURIAF - nothing else needs to be said, this guy was on fire for us tonight on both ends of the floor.
DEFENSE - they guarded the rim exceptionally well especially during the 4th quarter.
WILSON CHANDLER - very quietly is our most consistent performer.
BENCH - The bench played well tonight after not really getting it done for a lot of games earlier in the year.

The entire team played well. It also helps us that Westbrook was more interested in scoring than he was giving the ball to the NBA scoring champion, but whatever...

Played well, and I liked Mozgov's dunk in garbage time. Holding a team like the Thunder to under 100 points is impressive.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
lets not gass it...... better record thats about it and they do have 2 star players i will give you that

There players are way better then ours. I mean they almost beat the Lake show in a seven game series. At least gave them the most run for their money in the west last year. Durant and Westbrook pretty much sums it up.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yea I thought we had a smart rotation tnite. Coach took out Gallo and Felt, and left in Amare and Fields w TD, Williams and Turiaf. It was a nice mix. The D was nice tnite also. Something is working. Love this team..

la2ny

Starter
I looked @ the boxscore b4 garbage time, I honestly know that Moz is gonna make mistakes but how else he going to learn w/o playing?
His size cant hurt especially for rebounding purposes.

Randolph....ok,Rautins,Mason,Curry ok I understand.

What happened to Bill Walker?Wasnt he getting Shawne Williams minutes like 9 games ago? The kid is decent for godsake. It's not like he's Roger Mason...

the portable man

Benchwarmer
missed the game, just saw felton's bounce pass to amare and it was beautiful

either felton is in the perfect system or his shot and dribble just got that much better...i mean he looked horrible in charlotte

welcometonycity

Rotation player
There players are way better then ours. I mean they almost beat the Lake show in a seven game series. At least gave them the most run for their money in the west last year. Durant and Westbrook pretty much sums it up.
what players are better then what players be specific homie

KBlack25

Starter
Didn't leave early...posted on the train home from my cell...just a quick thing to express that I was happy w/ the win!

knicksin60

Starter
Good game by the Knicks! But what a disappointment it is that our game threads still don't get that many replies even with the Knicks being relevant and a 5th seeded team in their respected conference.

iJoe

Rotation player
Yay we won... let all the haters hide out for a while until they can find one thing to nitpick about the game, then start posting how we still need to trade all our players and fire Dantoni...

But for now.... great win against a great team and its really nice to finally not blow our lead and get to rest the starters. It was also nice for Donnie to get a welcome back to the garden after his hip surgery.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Durant and Westbrook are obivious. Harden I feel is an upgrade on Fields even though he has been a delight. Ibaka is a great up and coming player not better then Amare, but at Center he would be better then what we have. Green is a great player and isn't better then Amare, but still a great player. Those guys right there are better then what we have except Amare.

I know James doesn't start, but he would start on our team.

Also Welcome I know that Ibaka and James may not seem like better players then what we have, but I give that up to the coach for making those players that Im comparing these guys too better. He has found a good method around which to play his rotation and I believe our improvement is down to Amare and Felton and coaching.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Solid win for sure. OKC played CHA on Tue, and we had a few days off, and that definitely showed last night. But we took advantage of that, and for the first time in a while were able to empty the bench and glide into an easy victory in the 4th. PHEW!

Knicks have most impressive home win of the season,a nd are back at .500 on their home court.

ALMOST 30 points from the bench? WOah nelly.

Randolph-Walker-Mason even got some garbage minutes.

NOW would be a nice time for Randolph to start earning D'ant's trust. We could use another big to help rebound and block some shots.

BUT, clearly.... this team is on a different level when Gallo-Chandler BOTH contribute.

GOOD WIN. Needed it. Let the brutal schedule keep throwing challenges our way. We're 2-3 since this stretch began.

Red

TYPE-A
Solid win for sure. OKC played CHA on Tue, and we had a few days off, and that definitely showed last night. But we took advantage of that, and for the first time in a while were able to empty the bench and glide into an easy victory in the 4th. PHEW!

Knicks have most impressive home win of the season,a nd are back at .500 on their home court.

ALMOST 30 points from the bench? WOah nelly.

Randolph-Walker-Mason even got some garbage minutes.

NOW would be a nice time for Randolph to start earning D'ant's trust. We could use another big to help rebound and block some shots.

BUT, clearly.... this team is on a different level when Gallo-Chandler BOTH contribute.

GOOD WIN. Needed it. Let the brutal schedule keep throwing challenges our way. We're 2-3 since this stretch began.
This by far is our biggest win of the season.
Coming off a 3 game skid.
Against a playoff caliber squad, featuring one of the leagues best. Excellent win.

I said playing @ the top of our game, we can beat anybody... the issue is without defense, we can be beat by anybody.

There's another caveat, and that's us trying to live up to the hype and hoopla placed on us with this "Dream Week" sh*t.

I don't like overhyping our comp. or schedule! It places pressure on the team, and hypes up the competition. I vote to stop making a big deal out of tough parts of the schedule (cause every team goes thru it) and although

I don't live in other markets, I can't believe other teams doo the same. The sched. Is what it is, don't make more of it with this dream week sh*t.

This win illustrates how more defense infused with our O and we can play and potentially beat ANY team on any given day. Consistency and defense will ensure that message reverberates throughout the league. Good win.

mafra

Legend
This by far is our biggest win of the season.
Coming off a 3 game skid.
Against a playoff caliber squad, featuring one of the leagues best. Excellent win.

I said playing @ the top of our game, we can beat anybody... the issue is without defense, we can be beat by anybody.

There's another caveat, and that's us trying to live up to the hype and hoopla placed on us with this "Dream Week" sh*t.

I don't like overhyping our comp. or schedule! It places pressure on the team, and hypes up the competition. I vote to stop making a big deal out of tough parts of the schedule (cause every team goes thru it) and although

I don't live in other markets, I can't believe other teams doo the same. The sched. Is what it is, don't make more of it with this dream week sh*t.

This win illustrates how more defense infused with our O and we can play and potentially beat ANY team on any given day. Consistency and defense will ensure that message reverberates throughout the league. Good win.

Exactly. Defense is such a key, this is why reports of a Turiaf-Duhon swap made me laugh so hard milk poured out the nose. Knicks need another Turiaf, not dumping him for Duhon.

This is the shame of the AZUBUIKE situation. He was one of the best man defenisve players in the NBA. He could/would have been huge for the Knicks on nights they play teams like LAK, BOS, MIA.

If, perchance, we can get Azu healthy enough for the playoffs, we might have something. EVEN if he gives ZERO defense, just having him for 15 minutes a night to cool off a hot wong player, or help get a stop in the 4th...

Anyway, NOAH is hurt right? Knicks should be able to take care of CHI. Let's do it!

iSaYughh

Starter
I looked @ the boxscore b4 garbage time, I honestly know that Moz is gonna make mistakes but how else he going to learn w/o playing?
His size cant hurt especially for rebounding purposes.

Randolph....ok,Rautins,Mason,Curry ok I understand.

What happened to Bill Walker?Wasnt he getting Shawne Williams minutes like 9 games ago? The kid is decent for godsake. It's not like he's Roger Mason...

Broheem, I agree w you. Except, flaws n all, we got a good thing going right now. As good r better than all expectations. This doesn't mean we retard players and don't do all too improve, but:

Cultivating a winning attitude, getting wins, solidifying our core players is the precedent. Before D'ant takes risks, even otherwise good risks and chances, on guys like AR, Walker, even Moz.

Good chance they'd have all cost us victories in some of our close wins we gutted out as a core team.

I was leading the way for Walker playing time earlier in season. But he is often brutal on the court.

Wild, inconsistent but not like Gallo. The type of wildness and inconsistency and lack of understanding for team ball (passing, offensive plays, shot selection), that wrecks an entire flow of the game.

D'ant won't risk that, even if it's an otherwise good development risk to take, until he absolutely must start giving our starters more rest, and/or rebounding and size becomes a glaring weakness costing us games.

Till then, he will ride out what he's been doing. Helping us get a winning attitude and culture, or as much as is possible, embolden the franchise, bring as much consistency as possible.