The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True

You must have copied these quotes from a religious, anti-evolution website. Because many of these are taken out of context. The Carl Sagan quote you listed is a prime example. Carl Sagan is a hero to me and I've read almost everything he has published. The quote from Cosmos was completely taken out of context. He was explaining why some people still believe in creationism and later explains the entire fossil record and how it proves evolution to be true. Carl Sagan said "...evolution is fact, not a theory".

Stop only reading propaganda. Religion has a motive. To disprove evolution. Science does not have a motive. To only find the truth. That's the difference. Science tests theories, studies facts and data and then comes up with a theory or conclusion. Religion already has their own belief, therefore they try to discredit anything that disproves their belief. Even by lieing or misleading. They have done this throughout history. Open your mind.

Another example of religion lieing to keep believers. Do you know the whole story of this? A religious zealot actually went to the fossil bed in southern Colorado and carved human footprints adjacent to the dinosaur footprints. Carbon dating showed the footprints to be faked. Again, that's the difference between religion and science. Science gathers facts and data and proposes a theory or conclusion. Religious people feel so threatened by the truth, they will actually lie and mislead to convince people that their beliefs are true.

It's ok to accept the fact there is no God. I was raised in a religious family. It is difficult when you first realize that you've devoted your life to lies created by people in order to control the masses. But once you've accepted the truth, it is liberating to know you are free.

Here try listening to http://www.freethoughtradio.com/

It's a freethinker's internet radio station. It discusses the topics we've discussed but with a sense of humor.

Question, do you believe Jesus existed? If you do, then what you are saying is Carl Hagans belief in evolution as an imperfect man is higher than the son of God, who was born from a virgin for the sole reason of being made perfect in flesh. Therefore he'd not be under Adamic sin like you and I are. And he'd have a perfect mind and ability. If you believe that Jesus existed, then you'd have to wonder why such a man of his ability decided that the best thing he could do with his life was devote it to spreading the good news of the Kingdom.

I know Jesus existed not just on faith in many things, but the fact that his prophetic words saved many Christian lives in the year 70 ce when those who obeyed what he said when they saw the signs fleed to Judea and lived. It is documented history that this took place. And the only way they would have known to do that is if Jesus truly existed and they relied on him truly being the son of God. That is the ONLY way it would make sense that they left when they did. AND IT HAPPENED. It's not a hoax, not a theory.. IT HAPPENED.

If Carl Hagan proved it as a fact, a fact it would be. Except there happen to be other people who investigate the same things he has and they don't all agree. So how can it be a fact? Like, it's a fact Jesus warned Christians what to look for when their impending destruction of their homeland came, why? Because when it happened as he said it would, they had time to leave... as he said it would. They were the ONLY survivors of that destruction other than the captives that stayed in Jerusalem. FACT. That is documented in Roman history for actually happening. Can't debate that. Hagan can be debated, hero or not, it's true.

And true religion does have a motive. But it is not to expose evolution the lie that it is, but to expose all lies, while spreading the truth about Jehovah and his motives and helping other to come to know him and follow his son. HA! I wish it was just that simple actually :)

You cannot ever hope to dispute religion without facts. Just because you believe it does not mean it is FACTUAL. Remember, Satan Had Adam and Eve think they could be God. Were they really? Heck, that is what evolution is basically now. He has people believing there is no God, so they are basically their own Gods, and live by their rules and laws they seem fit. But that is what liars have to do. They have to keep telling lie on top of lie to make their story stick. Satan's pretty darn good at it.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, try using your brain. Nothing can be proven. There is no way to 100% prove something. And its not like I'm discrediting my belief in evolution. The Bible cannot be proven. Nothing can be proven. Get it through your thick heads.

so every criminal that was locked away due to evidence was never really proven guilty correct? if the fingerprint is there, witnesses, signed confession,video it cant be proven right? because nothing can be proven...even if there is so much evidence that its overwhelming it still cant be proven..ok man ill stop aruging with u on that becuase it really does not make sense but that will never register to ur brain.

TunerAddict

Starter
so every criminal that was locked away due to evidence was never really proven guilty correct? if the fingerprint is there, witnesses, signed confession,video it cant be proven right? because nothing can be proven...even if there is so much evidence that its overwhelming it still cant be proven..ok man ill stop aruging with u on that becuase it really does not make sense but that will never register to ur brain.

Exactly, even though you're not grasping. We don't know everything. The only way to prove something is to know everything. We will NEVER know everything. You don't prove someone guilty in court, you use evidence to come to the conclusion that that person is most likely guilty. Nothing can be proved because there are too many variables that we don't know. Once again, we don't know everything. Maybe I should stop since this isn't registering in your brain. Its not that fucking hard to understand. Think about it. How can we prove anything 100%. That would require total knowledge.

TunerAddict

Starter
turner are you muslim or is it lj4ptplay? honest question i just want to know were ur coming from

You obviously don't know shit about Christianity then.

First, Muslims believe in 'Jesus.' They just think he was another prophet of Allah/God. He also abstained from alcohol.

Secondly, if you went back in time and met 'Jesus,' people wouldn't be calling him that. Why? Because that wasn't his name. His Hebrew name was Yeshua. Jesus comes from the mistranslation of the Greek mistranslation. Hell, even the Passion of the Christ movie got that right by using Yeshua. For someone that is so religious and knows all the 'facts' its a little pathetic you didn't know this.

Paul1355

All Star
You obviously don't know shit about Christianity then.

First, Muslims believe in 'Jesus.' They just think he was another prophet of Allah/God. He also abstained from alcohol.

Secondly, if you went back in time and met 'Jesus,' people wouldn't be calling him that. Why? Because that wasn't his name. His Hebrew name was Yeshua. Jesus comes from the mistranslation of the Greek mistranslation. Hell, even the Passion of the Christ movie got that right by using Yeshua. For someone that is so religious and knows all the 'facts' its a little pathetic you didn't know this.

whoa son chill out i just asked a simple question if your muslim or not and if it bothers you ill call him yeshua it doesnt matter i knew he was Yeshua the Messiah. Turneraddict, i never said i didnt know that, were just not living in ancient times and that's what most people call him down here in America, Jesus Christ.

And it all comes down to this, your source of origin is the Quran or Koran however you want to spell it...mine is the Bible and one of us is wrong. Jesus is more than a prophet because he said the scriptures speak of Him. It's up to you to intelligently re-search who Jesus really is. Jesus is God, to die in your sins without believing that Jesus is God is the only way you will have eternity in hell. No person can full-fill the hundreds of prophecies, do all the documented miracles he's done, and has risen from the grave through his ressurection. Not only is Jesus the second person of the Trinity, he is God, and he is my personal savior.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yes, Jesus existed. That's a historical fact. What is not a fact is that he was the son of God. People thought David Koresh was the son of God too and that he performed miracles.

But, once again, your only source for "proof" is the bible. Yet, I've given you several examples where the bible is not true. For example, it is not true that the earth, or even life on earth is only 6,000 years old. It is proven fact that the earth is much older, 5-6 billions years.

If you actually believe that life on earth is only 6,000 years old and that all creatures lived on the earth at the same time (dinosaurs, humans, etc.) than you are living in a a mental prison. Because you will ignore facts backed up by data and believe things that a logical person knows are impossible. I'm done with this argument. It is going in circles. I give you facts, you refute them by quoting the bible. I prove the bible is not right, you refute that by quoting the bible. I'll stick with reality.

And yes, my mind is free, because I can take in facts and analyse them, and then come up with my own conclusions. If a logical, more sound theory than evolution or the big bang theory arises, and is backed up by facts and analysed data, then I will analyse it myself and come up with my own conclusion. You cannot do that. You must believe the bible, and every fact that comes up to disprove the bible, you must ignore.

It is obvious at this point that neither one will convince the other. All I ask of you is to accept other people's beliefs for what they are. Whether they be athiesm, agnostic, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, or multi-denominational. Not everybody is Christian.

But, I guess, that is my biggest issue with religion. With so many religions and different beliefs, how can just one be right. You profess, with great commitment, that the bible is true. Yet, someone in India professes, with just as much commitment and proof, that Hinduism is true. The only reason you believe in Christianity is because you were raised in a Christian society. The only reason that person believes in Hindism is because they were raised in a Hindu society. So essentially, the location you were born determines whether or not you receive everlasting pardise? That is not a loving, kind God.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
One last thing for you all to ponder. All this talk about the bible being perfect and predicting all of these prophecies and being the only true religion need to understand that almost everything in the bible was stolen from the Pagans and other religions developed long before the bible was written and Christianity formed. Yet, Christians call these other religious stories myths. Ever notice that the birth of Christ and the death of Christ, and many other important Christian dates fall on solstices and equinoxes?

So why do Christians consider these myths but not there own stories myths?

<< When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< In fact, when ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

<< When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When the Pythia , the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years, the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth. When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal , we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Scipio Africanus (Scipio Africanus, for Christ's sake) is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

So how come when Jesus is described as
the Son of God,
born of a mortal woman,
according to prophecy,
turning water into wine,
raising girls from the dead, and
healing blind men with his spittle,
and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades—er, I mean Hell—for the bad folks...
how come that's not a myth?

And how come, in a culture with all those Sons of God, where miracles were science, where Heaven and Hell and God and eternal life and salvation were in the temples, in the philosophies, in the books, were dancing and howling in street festivals, how come we imagine Jesus and the stories about him developed all on their own, all by themselves, without picking up any of their stuff from the culture they sprang from, the culture full of the same sort of stuff?

Yes, Jesus existed. That's a historical fact. What is not a fact is that he was the son of God. People thought David Koresh was the son of God too and that he performed miracles.

But, once again, your only source for "proof" is the bible. Yet, I've given you several examples where the bible is not true. For example, it is not true that the earth, or even life on earth is only 6,000 years old. It is proven fact that the earth is much older, 5-6 billions years.

If you actually believe that life on earth is only 6,000 years old and that all creatures lived on the earth at the same time (dinosaurs, humans, etc.) than you are living in a a mental prison. Because you will ignore facts backed up by data and believe things that a logical person knows are impossible. I'm done with this argument. It is going in circles. I give you facts, you refute them by quoting the bible. I prove the bible is not right, you refute that by quoting the bible. I'll stick with reality.

And yes, my mind is free, because I can take in facts and analyse them, and then come up with my own conclusions. If a logical, more sound theory than evolution or the big bang theory arises, and is backed up by facts and analysed data, then I will analyse it myself and come up with my own conclusion. You cannot do that. You must believe the bible, and every fact that comes up to disprove the bible, you must ignore.

It is obvious at this point that neither one will convince the other. All I ask of you is to accept other people's beliefs for what they are. Whether they be athiesm, agnostic, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, or multi-denominational. Not everybody is Christian.

But, I guess, that is my biggest issue with religion. With so many religions and different beliefs, how can just one be right. You profess, with great commitment, that the bible is true. Yet, someone in India professes, with just as much commitment and proof, that Hinduism is true. The only reason you believe in Christianity is because you were raised in a Christian society. The only reason that person believes in Hindism is because they were raised in a Hindu society. So essentially, the location you were born determines whether or not you receive everlasting pardise? That is not a loving, kind God.

How is it a fact that life on earth is much older? Because humans tell you so? How can human data correctly and honestly show exactly how old the earth is? They guess. That's how. They have nothing to compare its age with. They just guess. Where is this sound proof?

And I'm sitting here waiting for the day you have actually proven the bible wrong except in your own free mind. Nothing I have posted you have been able to dispute, and what you posted as being contradictions, you just clearly did not do enough research on it yourself to see where YOU went wrong. True story. Not one of the prophecies I have put up have you been able to remotely dispute. the one lacking most proof was when you that A MERCHANT WAS THE REASON ISAIAH AND JOB KNEW THE EARTH WAS ROUND! You have no proof at all in that, just something you heard from somewhere.

Where is the Bible wrong?

When a body decomposes after death it sounds something like this right? Gen 3:19 "For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

The earth is a circle that stands alone in space hanging on nothing, CORRECT?. Sounds a lot like this right? Job 26:
7 He (God) is stretching out the north over the empty place,
HANGING THE EARTH UPON NOTHING;

Isaiah 40:22

There is One who is dwelling above THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell

And we also have the historical facts about the prophesies that have proven to come true that you have not even disputed.

Plus the bible has not been wrong on any scientific facts. It gives nothing that is baseless in the p.o.v of science. Yet science is wrong a lot of the time.

For instance:

The Christian elder Timothy instructed those interested in worshipping the true God not to pay attention to “erratic notions” and “myths.” (1 Timothy 1:3, 4, Byington) Is such caution necessary today? Yes, because wrong ideas about the Bible and its teachings turn people away from true worship. Below are some commonly held ideas about the Bible. Notice the statements from the Bible itself. These can help you to separate myth from fact.

▪ Myth: Bible miracles are impossible.

Fact: Humans have much to learn about God’s creation. No scientist can fully explain gravity, precisely define all the components of an atom, or explain the exact nature of time. “Can you find out the deep things of God, or can you find out to the very limit of the Almighty?” (Job 11:7) Since creation is beyond our complete understanding, capable scientists are becoming increasingly cautious about saying that a certain thing is impossible.

▪ Myth: All religions lead to God.

Fact: “If you remain in my word,” said Jesus, “you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31, 32) If all religions led to God, would their members need to be set free? In fact, Jesus taught that relatively few people are on “the road leading off into life.”—Matthew 7:13, 14.

And you say that you believe Jesus existed, but doubt Adam and Eve did. But Jesus didn't:

▪ Myth: Much of the book of Genesis, including the account about Adam and Eve, is allegory.

Fact: Jesus’ genealogy right back to Adam was recorded by the Gospel writer Luke. (Luke 3:23-38) If Genesis were myth, then where in the genealogy would the real names end and the so-called legendary ones begin? Jesus, who existed in heaven before coming to earth, believed what was written in Genesis, including the account of Adam and Eve. (Matthew 19:4-6) Thus, to question Genesis is to undermine the credibility of Jesus himself, as well as that of many Bible writers.—1 Chronicles 1:1; 1 Corinthians 15:22; Jude 14.

Also you say that basically where you live will likely rule you out of everlasting paradise if True Christianity is the only way to God. Well God knowing that false religion is ramped in the world, sent out this commission to his Followers through his son Jesus:

Mathew 28:18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and MAKE DISCIPLES OF PEOPLES OF ALL THE NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

A disciple is a follower. Christ is the only way to God, and God wants PEOPLE OF ALL NATIONS TO COME TO HIM. That means China, Brazil, India, EVERYWHERE!

God said this will happen Psalms 37:
11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.

The meek and righteous ones is any people that are willing to accept the truth about him and his son, and live righteously. Does not mean those born in America only. EVERYONE WILLING. Open invitation.

That is why there is one religious group on earth who make it their business to spread this message of the kingdom globally for all to have a chance.. Just like Jesus commissioned.

One last thing for you all to ponder. All this talk about the bible being perfect and predicting all of these prophecies and being the only true religion need to understand that almost everything in the bible was stolen from the Pagans and other religions developed long before the bible was written and Christianity formed. Yet, Christians call these other religious stories myths. Ever notice that the birth of Christ and the death of Christ, and many other important Christian dates fall on solstices and equinoxes?

So why do Christians consider these myths but not there own stories myths?

<< When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< In fact, when ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

<< When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When the Pythia , the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years, the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth. When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal , we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth. >>

<< When Scipio Africanus (Scipio Africanus, for Christ's sake) is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

So how come when Jesus is described as
the Son of God,
born of a mortal woman,
according to prophecy,
turning water into wine,
raising girls from the dead, and
healing blind men with his spittle,
and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades?er, I mean Hell?for the bad folks...
how come that's not a myth?

And how come, in a culture with all those Sons of God, where miracles were science, where Heaven and Hell and God and eternal life and salvation were in the temples, in the philosophies, in the books, were dancing and howling in street festivals, how come we imagine Jesus and the stories about him developed all on their own, all by themselves, without picking up any of their stuff from the culture they sprang from, the culture full of the same sort of stuff?

Jesus relied on the bible. You say you believe he existed. Well why did he rely on the bible and not these other sources? None of those supposed sons of God did the things Jesus was able to do. Joseph never slept with Mary when she conceived, how'd Jesus get here?

Where was Osirus and these other Gods of the Egyptians when Jehovah brought the 10 plagues? How come they did not come to the rescue of their loyal followers? The Israelite God came to theirs. How could Osirus stand by and watch the God of lowly slaves decimate his people? COULD IT BE THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST?

Oh, and as far as the cool design video's. It all flys over your head because you don't believe in the bible.

Once Adam sinned, we were all doomed for death. That is where all these imperfections come from quite simply. But that was not Gods plan, so he plans to fix it. But hey, you'd have to believe in the bible to understand that part.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How is it a fact that life on earth is much older? Because humans tell you so? How can human data correctly and honestly show exactly how old the earth is? They guess. That's how. They have nothing to compare its age with. They just guess. Where is this sound proof?

It's called carbon dating. It is a very reliable source. For example, carbon-14 is found in every lifeform. Carbon-14 is not stable and as a result it is always undergoing natural radioactive decay. The rate at which C14 decays is absolutely constant. Given any set of C14 atoms, half of them will decay in 5730 years. By measuring the amount of C14 deacy and current composition of C14 atoms they can accurately determine the age of an item. When an artifact or fossil is tested for age, multiple independant scientists will do 6 different styles of testing (testing different carbon atoms as well, C12, C13, etc.) around 14 times each. It is not a guess. It's proven with hard data.

And I'm sitting here waiting for the day you have actually proven the bible wrong except in your own free mind. Nothing I have posted you have been able to dispute, and what you posted as being contradictions, you just clearly did not do enough research on it yourself to see where YOU went wrong. True story. Not one of the prophecies I have put up have you been able to remotely dispute. the one lacking most proof was when you that A MERCHANT WAS THE REASON ISAIAH AND JOB KNEW THE EARTH WAS ROUND! You have no proof at all in that, just something you heard from somewhere.

Where is the Bible wrong?

Other false prophesies and contradictions found in the bible:

Genesis
God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5). 2:17

As a punishment for killing Abel, God says Cain will be "a fugitive and a vagabond." Yet in just a few verses (4:16-17) Cain will settle down, marry, have a son, and build a city. This is not the activity one would expect from a fugitive and a vagabond. 4:12

God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14

How long was the Egyptian captivity? This verse says 400 years, but Ex.12:40 and Gal.3:17 say 430 years. 15:13

"In the fourth generation they [Abraham's descendants] shall come hither again." But, if we count Abraham, then their return occurred after seven generations: Abraham, Isaac (Gen.21:1-3), Jacob (Gen.25:19-26), Levi (Gen.35:22-23), Kohath (Ex.6:16), Amramn (Ex.6:18), and Moses (Ex.6:20). 15:16

God promises Abram's descendants the land of Canaan from the Nile to the Euphrates. But according to Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13 God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 15:18

God promises to make Isaac's descendents as numerous as "the stars of heaven", which, of course, never happened. The Jews have always been, and will always be, a small minority. 26:4

God renames Jacob twice (32:28, 35:10 ). God says that Jacob will henceforth be called Israel, but the Bible continues to call him Jacob anyway (47:28-29). And even God himself calls him Jacob in 46:2. 32:28, 35:10

God calls Jacob Jacob, though he said in Gen.32:28 and 35:10 that he would no longer be called Jacob but Israel. 46:2

God promises to bring Jacob safely back from Egypt, but Jacob dies in Egypt (Gen.47:28-29) 46:3

The tribe of Judah will reign "until Shiloh," but Israel's first king (Saul) was from the tribe of Benjamin (Acts 13:21), and most of the time after this prophecy there was no king at all. 49:10

Contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel. Gen.50:24

Exodus
God promises to cast out many nations including the Canaanites and the Jebusites. But he was unable to fulfill his promise. 33:2

In this verse God says he will write on the stone tablets, but in 34:27 he tells Moses to do the writing. 34:1

So you see, the bible is not perfect. And just my previous explanation as to how we know life on earth is older than 6,000 years proves that the bible is wrong. So, the bible said the earth was round. The Pagans and Greeks knew this long before the bible was even written.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Jesus relied on the bible. You say you believe he existed. Well why did he rely on the bible and not these other sources? None of those supposed sons of God did the things Jesus was able to do. Joseph never slept with Mary when she conceived, how'd Jesus get here?

You must not have read my post:

Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man

Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death

Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin

Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal

Scipio Africanus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman

Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman

Dionysus turned water into wine

But you missed the point. The bible was written based on these same ideas. It is not unique. The myths of the past were applied to the myths of the bible. A story told again and again.

Where was Osirus and these other Gods of the Egyptians when Jehovah brought the 10 plagues? How come they did not come to the rescue of their loyal followers? The Israelite God came to theirs. How could Osirus stand by and watch the God of lowly slaves decimate his people? COULD IT BE THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST?

Interesting point. Where was God to rescue the thousands of his followers during 9/11 and hurricane Katrina? How could God stand by and watch these, and many other disasters, happen. Thousands of his loyal followers have died from plagues and natural disasters and he did not come to resue them. COULD IT BE THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST? Wait, let me guess, they deserved it. Again, a cruel and vengeful God. But wait, I thought he loved his followers.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Also you say that basically where you live will likely rule you out of everlasting paradise if True Christianity is the only way to God. Well God knowing that false religion is ramped in the world, sent out this commission to his Followers through his son Jesus:

Mathew 28:18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and MAKE DISCIPLES OF PEOPLES OF ALL THE NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

A disciple is a follower. Christ is the only way to God, and God wants PEOPLE OF ALL NATIONS TO COME TO HIM. That means China, Brazil, India, EVERYWHERE!

God said this will happen Psalms 37:
11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.

The meek and righteous ones is any people that are willing to accept the truth about him and his son, and live righteously. Does not mean those born in America only. EVERYONE WILLING. Open invitation.

That is why there is one religious group on earth who make it their business to spread this message of the kingdom globally for all to have a chance.. Just like Jesus commissioned.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most. Not ignoring facts and logic, but the arrogance to say I am going to heaven because I am right and the rest of the non-christian world is wrong. The rest of the world must change because I am right and they are wrong. I must change the Hindus, Buddists, Muslims and Jews so they can go to heaven. Do you realize how arrogant that sounds?

Do you realize this is the same thought process Osama Bin Laden has? In his mind, he is fighting a holy war, because he is right and YOU are wrong. He is just as convinced as you and has just as many "facts" about his religion as you have with yours.

The lack of acceptance is just rude. Let other people live their lives the way they believe. If you want to believe the things you believe, then go right ahead. I was just trying to show you another viewpoint that many other people believe to be true and how they have logically come to accept it. But, that's just it. You are unaccepting of other viewpoints to the point of being irrational. I am done with you. Your irrationality and arrogance does not deserve further acknowledgement.

Last edited:
It's called carbon dating. It is a very reliable source. For example, carbon-14 is found in every lifeform. Carbon-14 is not stable and as a result it is always undergoing natural radioactive decay. The rate at which C14 decays is absolutely constant. Given any set of C14 atoms, half of them will decay in 5730 years. By measuring the amount of C14 deacy and current composition of C14 atoms they can accurately determine the age of an item. When an artifact or fossil is tested for age, multiple independant scientists will do 6 different styles of testing (testing different carbon atoms as well, C12, C13, etc.) around 14 times each. It is not a guess. It's proven with hard data.

Other false prophesies and contradictions found in the bible:

Genesis
God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5). 2:17

As a punishment for killing Abel, God says Cain will be "a fugitive and a vagabond." Yet in just a few verses (4:16-17) Cain will settle down, marry, have a son, and build a city. This is not the activity one would expect from a fugitive and a vagabond. 4:12

God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14

How long was the Egyptian captivity? This verse says 400 years, but Ex.12:40 and Gal.3:17 say 430 years. 15:13

"In the fourth generation they [Abraham's descendants] shall come hither again." But, if we count Abraham, then their return occurred after seven generations: Abraham, Isaac (Gen.21:1-3), Jacob (Gen.25:19-26), Levi (Gen.35:22-23), Kohath (Ex.6:16), Amramn (Ex.6:18), and Moses (Ex.6:20). 15:16

God promises Abram's descendants the land of Canaan from the Nile to the Euphrates. But according to Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13 God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 15:18

God promises to make Isaac's descendents as numerous as "the stars of heaven", which, of course, never happened. The Jews have always been, and will always be, a small minority. 26:4

God renames Jacob twice (32:28, 35:10 ). God says that Jacob will henceforth be called Israel, but the Bible continues to call him Jacob anyway (47:28-29). And even God himself calls him Jacob in 46:2. 32:28, 35:10

God calls Jacob Jacob, though he said in Gen.32:28 and 35:10 that he would no longer be called Jacob but Israel. 46:2

God promises to bring Jacob safely back from Egypt, but Jacob dies in Egypt (Gen.47:28-29) 46:3

The tribe of Judah will reign "until Shiloh," but Israel's first king (Saul) was from the tribe of Benjamin (Acts 13:21), and most of the time after this prophecy there was no king at all. 49:10

Contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel. Gen.50:24

Exodus
God promises to cast out many nations including the Canaanites and the Jebusites. But he was unable to fulfill his promise. 33:2

In this verse God says he will write on the stone tablets, but in 34:27 he tells Moses to do the writing. 34:1

So you see, the bible is not perfect. And just my previous explanation as to how we know life on earth is older than 6,000 years proves that the bible is wrong. So, the bible said the earth was round. The Pagans and Greeks knew this long before the bible was even written.

You are calling these things contradictions because you lack the understanding of the context. That will always be your problem because you don't really want to know the truth about the bible.

BUT I will bring out a point that I previosuly brought out that you ignored clearly because I have to bring it out again.

You just said.. God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5). 2:17

Now in a previous post, I said time to us is not the same relative time to God since he is timeless. God SAID in the day you eat from it you will positively die. Now was that a 24 hr day as we know it, or another time frame? NOW PLEASE, PAY ATTENTION.

The bible says IN 2ND PETER 3:8.. However, LET THIS ONE FACT NOT BE ESCAPING YOUR NOTICE, beloved ones, THAT ONE DAY IS WITH JEHOVAH AS A THOUSAND YEARS AND A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY.

So just as Jehovah promised Adam, that in the DAY he ate from the tree he'd positively die, THAT HAPPENED AS FAR AS GOD WAS CONCERED BECAUSE 1 DAY TO GOD IS AS A THOUSAND YEARS TO US. THAT IS WHY ADAM DIED 930 YEARS LATERS BECAUSE TO GOD, THAT DAY WAS ALMOST OVER FOR ADAM! If Adam had reached 1000, that would have been over what God said he would. Since he was 70 years short of a thousand, then ADAM DIED WITHIN THE SAME DAY TO GOD!

SO! If you paid attention that time, the bible did not contradict itself there, YOU JUST MISUNDERSTOOD IT BECAUSE YOU ARE BLIND TO TRUTH!

I could explain everyone of the other so called misconceptions you have, but why bother, you don't read my post's thoroughly enough as is. CLEARLY LOL!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You're right. I don't believe in the bible so therefore my knowledge of it and understanding are not as deep as yours.

You are not a scientist, so your knowledge and understanding of evolution, the big bang theory, carbon dating and other scientific principles are not as deep as mine.

You have not convinced me that there is a God. I have not convinced you that there is no God.

All I ask is that you go about your day living the life that brings you the most happiness. But please don't try and change anyone because you think you are right and every non-christian is wrong. That is rude, arrogant and insulting. It's fine that you think you are going to heaven and someone like Ghandi or the Dhali Lama is not. Just don't try and change them. Because they have contributed more good to this planet than most of His followers.

Just accept people for who they are and try to be a good person. That's how I try to live my life.