Knicks can't sign 2 max contracts in 2010

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Wade, please. Lebron lacks the playoff clutch that will bring us a title. Even during big regular season games, the guy has disappeared, i.e. the Lakers Cavs game, at Cleveland, where he scored 15 points, on 5 of 20 shooting.

Look at his regular season career stats: 47% shooting, 32% 3PT, 27.5 ppg.

Playoffs: 43%, shot 41 during each of the last two seasons, 48 in '05-'06, which boosted his overall average. His three pointers go down to the 20's, in percentage.

Wade is 48%, for his career, in the playoffs and in the regular season. His threes actually go up in accuracy, during the playoffs. This is the kind of player that gets you a title: a player, like our greatest legends, who can turn it up, when it counts.

JayJ44

Starter
Wade, please. Lebron lacks the playoff clutch that will bring us a title. Even during big regular season games, the guy has disappeared, i.e. the Lakers Cavs game, at Cleveland, where he scored 15 points, on 5 of 20 shooting.

Look at his regular season career stats: 47% shooting, 32% 3PT, 27.5 ppg.

Playoffs: 43%, shot 41 during each of the last two seasons, 48 in '05-'06, which boosted his overall average. His three pointers go down to the 20's, in percentage.

Wade is 48%, for his career, in the playoffs and in the regular season. His threes actually go up in accuracy, during the playoffs. This is the kind of player that gets you a title: a player, like our greatest legends, who can turn it up, when it counts.

I agree, Wade>Lebron. Lebron is good, but he gets hyped up by the media.

Red

TYPE-A
Wade didn't win without Shaq.
Kobe didn't win without Shaq.
In 2010 Wade will be 29, and you feel that's a better investment than arguably the greatest player of ALL-TIME at 26 years old? SMH...?:afro:

Last edited:
Lebrons frequently compared to jordan. Look at Jordan's career. Once he hit his prime-it was game over for every other nba team in the 90's. The bulls owned to 90's because of michael jordan. Now some can think that once lebron hits his prime (around 2010-2011) the team that has lebron will be the new dynasty. Who knows? Just a way of looking at it.

JayJ44

Starter
Wade didn't win without Shaq.
Kobe didn't win without Shaq.
In 2010 Wade will be 29, and you feel that's a better investment than arguably the greatest player of ALL-TIME at 26 years old? SMH...?:afro:

Are you serious about the Shaq thing? When Wade was in the finals, Shaq barely helped. He was/is way past his prime.

3 years of age isn't that big of a difference. They both entered the league at the same time, which is much more important as far as deterioration of your body.

Who the hell is arguing that Lebron is the greatest player of all-time? That's not an argument anyone can win....

Red

TYPE-A
Are you serious about the Shaq thing? When Wade was in the finals, Shaq barely helped. He was/is way past his prime.

3 years of age isn't that big of a difference. They both entered the league at the same time, which is much more important as far as deterioration of your body.

Who the hell is arguing that Lebron is the greatest player of all-time? That's not an argument anyone can win....

Shaq barley helped? Thats like being a little pregnant. Obviously he helped, and I just stated the FACT that he nor Kobe won without him.

3 years of age is a big difference when considering a MAX contract, franchise player in his prime, hopefully long term. Yeah at first its a wash, wait 4-5 years when Wade is 34 and let me know.

"Arguably" the greatest player of all-time, is in reference to him being the youngest to reach 10,000 points, and him being projected to possibly be one of two players to avg. a triple double for a season.

BTW you can't compare ANYONE to MJ. His skill was unprecedented- along with what he meant to the game. At a point MJ was the NBA.

If you feel Wade>Lebron I wont argue over opinions. But I feel from a TEAM and MARKETING stand point Lebron can do MUCH more than Wade. IMO given the right situation Lebron can do everything Wade can do plus more when you think about it. In our system, in our city.....crazy.

JayJ44

Starter
Shaq barley helped? Thats like being a little pregnant. Obviously he helped, and I just stated the FACT that he nor Kobe won without him.

Of course there can be varying degrees of helpfulness. Ex. David Lee is helping us a lot more than Jared Jeffries. That fact is irrelevant because Shaq was not a big factor in the '06 finals against the Mavs.

3 years of age is a big difference when considering a MAX contract, franchise player in his prime, hopefully long term. Yeah at first its a wash, wait 4-5 years when Wade is 34 and let me know.

After 10-11 years in the league, neither of them will be close to what they are today. But, you're right, Lebron will probably be able to keep up his athleticism a little longer.

"Arguably" the greatest player of all-time, is in reference to him being the youngest to reach 10,000 points, and him being projected to possibly be one of two players to avg. a triple double for a season.

BTW you can't compare ANYONE to MJ. His skill was unprecedented- along with what he meant to the game. At a point MJ was the NBA.

It's way too early to talk about him ever being the greatest player of all-time. We need to see if he can improve his game. Ex. being able to make jumpshots consistently, adding a post game.

If you feel Wade>Lebron I wont argue over opinions. But I feel from a TEAM and MARKETING stand point Lebron can do MUCH more than Wade. IMO given the right situation Lebron can do everything Wade can do plus more when you think about it. In our system, in our city.....crazy.

Fair enough. Marketing wise, you're right, Lebron is more famous even with him in Cleveland. But basketball wise, Wade is better IMO. Better defense, better post game, better jump shot, better clutch performer.

JayJ44

Starter
Wade is better now stats wise. I just think Lebrons' potential is higher.

I think their potential is pretty much maxed out. Maybe Lebron will improve his jumper, and maybe he'll get a post game eventually. That's about it...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Maybe someone posted this already, didn't really read all posts...but I think that we're not going to need 2 max superstar contracts come 2010. And like somebody mentioned, we can also wait after 2010 to obtain a second superstar once we get rid of the useless players. So its simple