Lebron "won't stop" until he brings Championship to Cleveland

smokes

Huge Member
In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he "won't stop" until he reaches his goal of winning a title in Cleveland.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

James also spoke glowingly about the professionalism and depth of the Cavs' roster.

The Cavs have the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...til_i_bring_title_to_cleveland/#ixzz0jurubBf5

Hmmmmmmmmm...

petescud

Starter
I have a feeling he stays too...Kinda stupid of him if he does IMO. He could had teamed up with DWade and won 3

Hitman

Benchwarmer
This is a great comment from a Knicks fans perspective.

He is already paving the way for him to leave AFTER the Cavs win the title this year. He can say it was his ultimate goal to bring a title to Cleveland and he can leave on top.

clumsy

Rotation player
hahhhahahahahah who believes in NBA conspiracies?

What kinda calls are we gonna see in the playoffs

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Fine with me. Let's build a better TEAM without him and beat the Cavs in the Conference Finals every year. In fact, that would give me more satisfaction than winning a championship with Lebron.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Step 1: Retain Lee's Bird Rights
Step 2: Retain MLE
Step 3: Sign Chris Bosh
Step 4: Sign and trade Lee + Chandler + Curry's + expiring contract + picks (if necessary) to Atlanta for Joe Johnson + Josh Smith
Step 5: Sign McGrady to vet minimum
Step 6: Use MLE to sign Steve Blake and Tyrus Thomas

PG-Blake
SG-Johnson
SF-Gallo
PF-Smith
C-Bosh

w/ Douglas, TMac, Thomas off the bench

Then beat Lebron and the Cavs in the Conference Finals and say "too bad, you should've signed with us and won a championship in New York instead of staying in sorry-ass Cleveland".

Paul1355

All Star
Step 1: Retain Lee's Bird Rights
Step 2: Retain MLE
Step 3: Sign Chris Bosh
Step 4: Sign and trade Lee + Chandler + Curry's + expiring contract + picks (if necessary) to Atlanta for Joe Johnson + Josh Smith
Step 5: Sign McGrady to vet minimum
Step 6: Use MLE to sign Steve Blake and Tyrus Thomas

PG-Blake
SG-Johnson
SF-Gallo
PF-Smith
C-Bosh

w/ Douglas, TMac, Thomas off the bench

Then beat Lebron and the Cavs in the Conference Finals and say "too bad, you should've signed with us and won a championship in New York instead of staying in sorry-ass Cleveland".
very nice

all of that is possible

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Maybe this is LeBron's way of saying he's leaving Cleveland.

He "won't stop" until he brings a championship to Cleveland, he says.

But what if they win one this year?

Maybe this is LeBron's way of saying he's leaving Cleveland.

He "won't stop" until he brings a championship to Cleveland, he says.

But what if they win one this year?

But what if they don't...

I hope the Cavs every call imaginable in the playoffs so that they win.. Will make for a very interesting off season as far as we're concerned.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
not sure what to make of this... should we Knicks fans be rooting for 'everyone but the Cavs' this playoff or the cavs? .. I was thinking, and still sort of am, that if the Cavs were to get knocked off somewhat early, second round or something, he'd be pretty pissed... though I suppose if he wins, having brought a championship, he'd feel better leaving...but something tells me if he wins a championship, he isn't just going to say bye... he'll want more... which is leaving me thinking it'd prob be in our interest to hope they lose... also, i don't think an opportunity like this will come Lebrons way for a long long time if he passes... this free agency, and the position the knicks (among others) are in to sign some of them, these circumstances just wont happen for a while... and i think if that time does ever come again, things will have changed a great deal.....if he's going to make a big move, this is the summer to do it... i'd love for him to win and feel free to leave, but i'm just not sure i see him packin as a nba champion...seems more likely as the champagne's poppin that he'd yell out 'i'm nevvverr leavvving cleavvvlanddd'

And as for that line-up above...Bosh and Johnson?.. idk i feel like this wait has been a little too long for it to end w the knicks signing chris bosh and joe johnson...i'm not even sure who i'd chose, but for all the hype and yrs we've waited for this, i'm not sure how i'd feel w those two being the final pieces... i have gained a false sense of deserving being knicks fan and putting up w what we've had to go through the last few seasons...i'm just not sure i imagined Bosh/Johnson as the final product a few seasons ago when the only thing keepin me interested was 'summer '10

Scribbles

Rotation player
You honestly believe LeBron will leave CLE AFTER winning a title? No way.

Look at the scheduling, if the NBA Finals were to end in 5 or 6 games that means the date would be somewhere in mid-June 16.

Then you'd have the Canyon of ZEROS parade.

Then the NBA Draft a few days later, and then bam! July 1st, is right there.

LeBron is still gonna be soaking up the joy of a title. He's not gonna have the heart or REASON to leave CLE.

------

I'm still rooting for a 1st Round elimination and LeBron to storm off the court on a charter flight straight to the Big Apple.

Though all indications are he's gonna stay in that bum ass town.

The # change form filed, the Nike No Clause Deal, and now this statement...

Doesnt sound like he's sold on coming here more than once a year.

I also believe him when he says he's not gonna stop until he gets Cleveland a title.. even if it takes him his entire career. I think if they lose, he'll resign for sure and keep trying until he does.Root for the cavs during the playoffs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I agree with Scribbels that Lebron aint leaving right after a title...the next thing would be wanting to repeat and so on. I think what Lebron said is what he HAD TO SAY. His team is contending hard for a title and he does not need distractions nor his teammates distrusting him. Our best chance is Cleveland getting upset early leaving him frustrated. He has to believe that Shaq and Jamison cant get it done leading him to turn to Walsh and another MAX.

johnstarky

Rotation player
If James decides to be a Knick it will probably be because of David Stern and the NBA.I really think that Stern is the one pulling the strings behind all of this.For what other reasons would Stern have input in getting Dolan to hire Donnie Walsh? When you look at the position that the Knicks were in 2 years ago and the position that the Knicks will be in after this season, it all looks too orchestrated to be coincidental.I wouldn't be surprised if Stern had a secret meeting with Lebron and his agent sometime in early 2008 and discussed the possibility of him joining the Knicks.And that is why Stern probably made sure that the Knicks would be in the right financial position to acquire Lebron by the summer of 2010.David Stern knows that the NBA would be a lot more profitable if the Knicks are contending for a championship every year.He also knows that any team built around Lebron James will probably have the same kind of success that the 1980's Lakers and the 1990's Bulls had.This is just me speculating, but I think that David Stern would rather have Lebron James on the Knicks than the Cavs and is doing his best to make this possible.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I agree with Scribbels that Lebron aint leaving right after a title...the next thing would be wanting to repeat and so on. I think what Lebron said is what he HAD TO SAY. His team is contending hard for a title and he does not need distractions nor his teammates distrusting him. Our best chance is Cleveland getting upset early leaving him frustrated. He has to believe that Shaq and Jamison cant get it done leading him to turn to Walsh and another MAX.

If Cleveland wins a championship this season do you think Lebron believes that Shaq is not going to eventually use up what's left in his tank and that Jamison isn't going to age as well? Will the Cavs be in the position that they're in now once those 2 players are no longer dominating the frontcourt for Cleveland?

I'm sure Lebron knows that Shaq and Jamison's days are numbered and that even though he is in the best position to win a championship this year, the Cavs chances of experiencing a dynasty run are not that great.I don't see why Lebron James would want to wait around for the Cavs to rebuild their team after Shaq and Jamison depart.

I really think that Lebron was referring to this season in his interview and not the future after.There is a good chance that the Cavs won't be as good as they are now if Lebron re-signs with them past this season.

Last edited:

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Win or lose, I think deep down LeBron knows what he is going to do.

He has said it before; This will be a business decision.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'm sure Stern would love just as much as we would James coming to NYC, from a business perspective it'd be unbelievably great for the NBA and basketball in general have a LeBron status player in the city of dreams, let alone James himself.. but i don't think he had much to do with it/has any say specifically in the matter... Walsh is the man that has made this possible, and that will get the signature if it happens.

I was thinking the other day...i'd make some sense for James to leave Clev. now, for like 6 or 7 years, with the intention of going back to Clev. before his career is over...tell the fans he'll be back.. it's only fair he moves around a bit.

It's clear James doesn't really know what he's doing right now.. i don't think this statement was meant to be interpreted in depth-ly in relation to his future..as much as to show his game face and attitude for this coming playoffs.. lets hope at least.