"The Message"...influences of hip-hop/rap music

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I would love to see that, but I know Nas doesn't want to battle wack ass rappers. The thing is, that's the only way to stop bad rappers from rapping. Ending their career.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
but I know Nas doesn't want to battle wack ass rappers. .

thats what i think too. NaS would never waste his time on a lil wack ass rapper like soulja boy

Even putting the two in the same sentence is like comparing Channing Frye to Patrick Ewing lol.

I have a 14-year old lady friend (I'm 14 myself) and shes keeps telling me how much she loves Lil Wayne, Flo Rida, and that crap,

and i keep telling her i love NaS, Raekwon, Mos Def, Notorious BIG, etc...

and other than Biggie, she's like "Whoo?"

it disgusts me the mainstream feeds teenagers garbage. and i consider myself one of very few that know ACTUAL hiphop.

There are local MCs you'll find on your local street corner that shit all over Wayne and Soulja.
The problem is, apparently, the realness DOESN't appeal to the "mainstream media"

-sigh-

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
thats what i think too. NaS would never waste his time on a lil wack ass rapper like soulja boy

Even putting the two in the same sentence is like comparing Channing Frye to Patrick Ewing lol.

I have a 14-year old lady friend (I'm 14 myself) and shes keeps telling me how much she loves Lil Wayne, Flo Rida, and that crap,

and i keep telling her i love NaS, Raekwon, Mos Def, Notorious BIG, etc...

and other than Biggie, she's like "Whoo?"

it disgusts me the mainstream feeds teenagers garbage. and i consider myself one of very few that know ACTUAL hiphop.

There are local MCs you'll find on your local street corner that shit all over Wayne and Soulja.
The problem is, apparently, the realness DOESN't appeal to the "mainstream media"

-sigh-

More like comparing a bathroom attendant at msg to patrick ewing. Lol

But yea their time will soon be over...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Craziness. We go from talking about how hiphop has influenced us to how hiphop is dead. And im right in the middle of it.

i guess thats my welcome to the forum! :peace::gony:

nas is right though, hiphop is dead (or ina coma). All we gotta to is keep it real, dont let the garbage find its way into yo mp3s.

oooo, soulja boy and lil wayne sold a mil each. SO WHAT?!

record sales only take you so far. its the realness in your heart that does it.

Now back to the original topic. How has music influenced me? Well, music saves my life. Music gives you something to go to, something to relax you, something to pump you up, something to find closure, to take your mind off the world, and so on and so forth. If you want to listen to people singing about licking lollipops and gettin low in the club, thats ok, i dont hate. I'm just saying, that isn't what hiphop is. If you talk about life, tell stories, and use that amazing lyrical flow that only a certain few have mastered, then i'm DEFINITELY feeling ya. Ever hear of "Get By" by Talib Kweli?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zxCAfVeD8&feature=channel

The chorus of that song is what i try to live by every day.

This morning, I woke up
Feeling brand new I jumped up
Feeling my highs, and my lows
In my soul, and my goals
Just to stop smokin, and stop drinkin
But I've been thinkin - I've got my reasons
Just to get by

now THAT is what i consider realness.
thoughts?

Paul1355

All Star
Well I think souja boy should drink ether before trying to diss NAS.

Soulja Boy should just quit for the sake of Rap's image these days...full of these fake fools that would get ripped apart if they started up in the 90's with the real players like Big L, Pac, Biggie, etc.

Only guys still reppin a makin rap actually look good is Nas, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, Mos Def, Talib Kwelli etc

Cali, NYC , Detroit...is were we need to recruit new guys.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Soulja Boy should just quit for the sake of Rap's image these days...full of these fake fools that would get ripped apart if they started up in the 90's with the real players like Big L, Pac, Biggie, etc.

Only guys still reppin a makin rap actually look good is Nas, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, Mos Def, Talib Kwelli etc

Cali, NYC , Detroit...is were we need to recruit new guys.

That's what I would like to do when I get into producing and all that. Recruit guys with real talent. The way I see it though, is that the new guys have to battle these fake ass rappers, so that the better talent can take over. Remember that rap has been a competitive genre since its inception. Right now nobodys battling because they're all bitch ass niggas. No competition means no greatness. That's how you get better, with competition.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
the new king of rap

defininitely.
we need new "kings" of rap

like how its was between big and pac back in the day
and how nas, em, and jay soon took over.

we need a true lyricist.

yall dig lupe fiasco much?
his lyrics are dope.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Lupe is cool, just that he doesn't have that presence like a tupac, Nas, or Biggie. Plus he's gonna call it quits pretty soon, right? We need emcees that want to stand out not just blend in with the crowd.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Lupe is real underrated ima go out and say he's the best rapper in the game right now(not counting the legends in Jay,Nas,Snoop etc).

this dude Jay Rock is nice too look out for him this year

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Man thats messed up. Lupe is definitely the best modern rapper IMO

now hes gunna leave the game

we need someone to take out the trash..apparently it aint gunna be him...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The thing I see is that there are no leaders, just a bunch of followers. Most rappers out now are being told what to do by the label.

Paul1355

All Star
That's what I would like to do when I get into producing and all that. Recruit guys with real talent. The way I see it though, is that the new guys have to battle these fake ass rappers, so that the better talent can take over. Remember that rap has been a competitive genre since its inception. Right now nobodys battling because they're all bitch ass niggas. No competition means no greatness. That's how you get better, with competition.

exactly...I actually TRY to look on limewire for battles of the recent guys to see if they actually have some battling skills....Eminem has some...even that Chinese dude Jin had some and I see these vagina's like Soulja Boy getting paid millions....makes me want to puke....I can make a mix tape with a beat and say "I bang bytches" and it can actually sell millions. LMAO

This is why I think 50 cent is the most over rated rap artists in the world. He has maybe 3 or 4 songs that are worth lsitening to were he deosn't talk about his magic stick and actually talks about the streets...or a little bit about it atleast.

What the hell has happened to rap and hip pop? Nas was right...Hip pop is dead and it's all staying 6 feet under until someone digs it up again.

Rap has gone from the street life and struggles to the glamor and glits that don't give a shyt. Every rap artists just raps about the girls they have been with....as if we don't know what a Ho is???? As if we don't know what a groupie is???

Unbelievable...I'm white and I actually have the same idea of recruiting guys because I know you can't get worse than what is out right now.

Yo SLY...I support you 100% in getting real talent out here...please help us!!! lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
exactly...I actually TRY to look on limewire for battles of the recent guys to see if they actually have some battling skills....Eminem has some...even that Chinese dude Jin had some and I see these vagina's like Soulja Boy getting paid millions....makes me want to puke....I can make a mix tape with a beat and say "I bang bytches" and it can actually sell millions. LMAO

This is why I think 50 cent is the most over rated rap artists in the world. He has maybe 3 or 4 songs that are worth lsitening to were he deosn't talk about his magic stick and actually talks about the streets...or a little bit about it atleast.

What the hell has happened to rap and hip pop? Nas was right...Hip pop is dead and it's all staying 6 feet under until someone digs it up again.

Rap has gone from the street life and struggles to the glamor and glits that don't give a shyt. Every rap artists just raps about the girls they have been with....as if we don't know what a Ho is???? As if we don't know what a groupie is???

Unbelievable...I'm white and I actually have the same idea of recruiting guys because I know you can't get worse than what is out right now.

Yo SLY...I support you 100% in getting real talent out here...please help us!!! lol

LOL. I'll do my best.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nas and Jay-Z help murdered the popularity of NYC rap...greedy ass motha****as.

You feel strongly about this opinion, since it is the second time you bring it up. Let me bring back your first post on this topic so that I can discuss it further.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Rap is weak now, the South watered it down to the max. I don't see it coming back.

Especially since overrated rappers like Nas and Jay-Z are hogging up NYC's image and not letting anyone else take the spotlight.

Thats why NYC fails in rap entertainment.

Dudes in the South take turns being on top of the record sells.

My question is why would Nas or Jay-z let other less qualified rappers take the spotlight?

Here's an example:

Metro, if you were the king of BX, would you step down and let up-and-comers take over? Even if they were less qualified than you to rule?