Teixeria A Yankee

jpz17

Starter
ESPN is reporting 8 years 180 mil.. 22.5 mil for the first year!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

th3realicon

Rotation player
Excellent
Although it is a little scary that the 4 biggest contracts in all of baseball will be in the same uniform come opening day.

This move had to be made though. We needed a hitter to complement A-Rod as he was going to be left alone in that line up.

It also most likely ends the Manny to the Yankees rumors and i was kind of getting used to the idea of having Manny in the Bronx. ;)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
a young great first basemen who plays defense just as good as offense NICE! i love this deal, it had 2 be done....we havent had a first basemen this good since tino

:thewave::jump::jump2::thewave:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
GO YANKS!!! WE go be INSANE this yr!! :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin: F BOSTON AS USUAL

TunerAddict

Starter
So what happens when they don't win the world series?

Do they spend another 180 million?

This shit is getting ridiculous. These players are NOT worth the money they are getting. Why the **** is a GOOD player, not a great player, getting 180 million?

No player should get that money. I don't care if he hits 200 hrs a year. That is too much money, especially since the economy is in such shit right now.

jpz17

Starter
Teixeira is easily a top 5 player in MLB.. best first basemen in the mlb tuner.. has been for years.. CC is the pitcher in baseball, and burnett is a 15-20 game winner

th3realicon

Rotation player
Teixera is NOT the best 1B. Pujols is. No player is worth 20 plus mill IMO. MLB needs a salary cap. Although this type of Yankee behavior is a reality check for the other big market franchises that are reluctant to spend. Then Yanks have the resources to do it but so do the Sox, Cybs and Mets. They are just to afraid to pull the trigger.

TunerAddict

Starter
Imagine of Bill Gates owned a sports team...

And on the best 1st baseman thought;

There are still a number of players that are better.

Albert Pujols(Best)
Carlos Delgado
Derek Lee
Miguel Cabrera
Prince Fielder
Justin Morneau

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
i thought Cabrera was a 3rd basemen?......and Texiera is better then Delgado and Cabrera

According to MLB.com he is 1B. Must switched him when he went to Det. I dunno, cuz I thought the same thing.

Delgado and Cabrera both had better statistical numbers than Texeira. In baseball, stats ARE an indication of ability.

jpz17

Starter

Albert Pujols(Best)
Carlos Delgado
Derek Lee
Miguel Cabrera
Prince Fielder

Justin Morneau

I bolded the insane ones, start including things like hitting for avg.. fielding. team spirit.. age... it's not all about homers my friend

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
According to MLB.com he is 1B. Must switched him when he went to Det. I dunno, cuz I thought the same thing.

Delgado and Cabrera both had better statistical numbers than Texeira. In baseball, stats ARE an indication of ability.

texiera is better defensivly then both of them, although they are better POWER hitters but Tex is the better all round player he gets the job done on both sides....offense he could hit the homer or drive in the run with a single, and on defense he makes gold glove caliber D every night

th3realicon

Rotation player

You mean a baseball team, other sports have salary caps. Otherwise the Knicks would have been the Yankees of basketball.

Albert Pujols(Best)
Carlos Delgado
Derek Lee
Miguel Cabrera
Prince Fielder
Justin Morneau

Pujols - agreed
Delgado - He is way pas his prime and definitively a far worse defensive 1Bman that Tex. The last 2 seasons Teixera also had better offensive numbers.
Derek Lee - They are pretty much equal. Tex is a slightly better fielder and D-Lee is s slightly better hitter.
Miguel Cabrera - We still have the better player in his possition. But his name is Alex Rodriguez. Cabrera is a 3Bman :teeth:
Prince Fielder - Hits better for power, but the average is pretty much the same, also Tex is far superior defensively
Justin Morneau - Agreed, he is an MVP. Can't argue with that.

TunerAddict

Starter
You mean a baseball team, other sports have salary caps. Otherwise the Knicks would have been the Yankees of basketball.

Pujols - agreed
Delgado - He is way pas his prime and definitively a far worse defensive 1Bman that Tex. The last 2 seasons Teixera also had better offensive numbers.
Derek Lee - They are pretty much equal. Tex is a slightly better fielder and D-Lee is s slightly better hitter.
Miguel Cabrera - We still have the better player in his possition. But his name is Alex Rodriguez. Cabrera is a 3Bman :teeth:
Prince Fielder - Hits better for power, but the average is pretty much the same, also Tex is far superior defensively
Justin Morneau - Agreed, he is an MVP. Can't argue with that.

Only American sports really have a salary cap, so no, I stand by what I said before. Imagine if Bill Gates owned a sports team.