Fields makes All-Rookie First Team

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Good for him and he deserves it. Next year he'll finish better.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/11/all-rookie-team-2010-11/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Fields, a two-time T-Mobile Western(typo) Conference Rookie of the Month selection, ranked fifth among rookies in rebounds (6.4 ppg) and sixth in scoring (9.7 ppg). He shot .497 from the field (fifth among rookies), .393 from beyond the three-point line (second) and .769 from the charity stripe (fifth).

landry-fields-knicks-ap.jpg

alg_landry_fields_shoots.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nice one, Landry!

I guarantee you that he comes in to the next season with a better handle and a refined mid range J. You could see his bad play eating him internally at the end of the season. He's too smart, exuberant and determined not to turn it around.

STEAL of the draft.

oshi

Benchwarmer
Not enough love for Jordan Crawford on there, he beasted toward the end of the year when he was given minutes. Had a few 30+ pt games, also a triple double. He's the kid that dunked over Lebron back in college leading to Nike taking down the vid or whatever. Grats to Fields though I still think he deserves first team.

petescud

Starter
I'm not really worried about Landry...Nearly everyone said the Knicks stole this kid. Not everyone can be wrong. I think he works on his game in the offseason and looks fantastic next season...need defensive skills optimized and needs to work on his offensive game...he'll be a good one

Hopefully he really works on his game this summer, particularly learning how to create his own shot, defense, and his mid range/three shot.

finestrg

Rotation player
Well deserved recognition right there for the young man. I love the kid and agree with you guys on two points: (1) the Knicks stole him in the draft and (2) I really believe he'll work on his game hard during the offseason and come back an even better player next year.

One thing continues to concern me however: what happens with him next year, esp. if he has a real nice season statistically? I fear that he either goes in a trade for a guy like CP3 at the deadline or, if he plays out the season with the Knicks, they could lose him in free agency the same way Utah lost Wes Matthews to the Blazers (tough picturing Landry Fields ever jeopardizing a max-salary slot to sign a guy like CP3 outright if we can't ever agree on a trade with New Orleans). Plus, Billy Walker isn't the answer at the position long-term, even as a backup (I'm not even sure he'll be back for next year. The Knicks can do much better than Walker anyway at 2G. I hope they feel that way. Dude's way too inconsistent offensively, plays zero defense and offers little else). At 6'1" Toney Douglas isn't the answer either (not even sure TD's an answer at PG to be honest)... Either way, we could have a gapping hole at SG if we don't plan ahead accordingly.

A big man (preferably a rebounding/defensive big) and PG continue to be two of the most important areas we need to upgrade but I'd also like to see them address SG depth too if possible. The new CBA will dictate how we can proceed but I say when in doubt, the cheaper we can come up with solid alternatives, the better. Even if we do have cap room (say they suddenly allow for a hard cap well over the current cap threshold) it may not be advisable to abuse it. There are solutions out there for us provided Donnie keeps all his options open and looks in the right places.

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of Channing Frye's rookie year doesnt it

wish I could dig up some threads about that dude and how amazing he was as a rookie blah blah blah. lol

just messing around, Fields is alright, he just needs to get more mentally tough. I feel like he was able to sit behind the scenes when gallo and chandler and felton were on the team; because there wasnt a high expectation for that team to do very well, I think once the real spotlight hit and he realized moving forward he was the legitimate SG on this team; the hoop and court shrunk about 3 sizes.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;178804 said:
Why is it always this site that attracts the cock suckers?:whatever:

1. calm down bud
2. I'm just reiterating the same emotions we all felt after the series was over. This is what I do. I don't change my opinion over time and try to rationalize everything. Fields choked a huge dick in the playoffs. It's that simple. He won't be on my good side until he proves he can get it done in the playoffs.

Same reasons why Stat won't be on my good side until he proves NIGHT IN AND OUT that he puts out 100% effort on defense and rebounds.

I think that's fair.

1. calm down bud
2. I'm just reiterating the same emotions we all felt after the series was over. This is what I do. I don't change my opinion over time and try to rationalize everything. Fields choked a huge dick in the playoffs. It's that simple. He won't be on my good side until he proves he can get it done in the playoffs.

Same reasons why Stat won't be on my good side until he proves NIGHT IN AND OUT that he puts out 100% effort on defense and rebounds.

I think that's fair.

I think the point was, you can formulate opinions and speak on behalf of them with out personally attacking every poster; I think we went through this before where I explained to you that this forum is for basketball debate and discussion, not calling people retarded and cursing them out every other post.

You are actually a really good poster ducktales, and your points are whats needed here, that you dont bandwagon or sweat any one until proven otherwise.

but you gotta relax with the negative personal superlatives intertwined with all those good points you make.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I think the point was, you can formulate opinions and speak on behalf of them with out personally attacking every poster; I think we went through this before where I explained to you that this forum is for basketball debate and discussion, not calling people retarded and cursing them out every other post.

You are actually a really good poster ducktales, and your points are whats needed here, that you dont bandwagon or sweat any one until proven otherwise.

but you gotta relax with the negative personal superlatives intertwined with all those good points you make.

**** it lol. I am who I am. I've been through enough shit that I've literally lost the ability to really censor myself. Appreciate the respect though homie.

I always wondered why the Jazz are in Utah, they should switch names with New Orleans. Seriously.

They were in New Orleans back in the 70s with Pete Maravich and Gail Goodrich. Then relocated to Utah to avoid going bankrupt.

Fields is a good trade asset, that's for sure. I hope we use him in a trade for CP3 DWill or Kemba Walker!

I don't think his skills will improve, the first half of the season showed who he is, imo he can't be anything more than that. A solid player, a 10.5ppg 7.6 rpg 2.5 apg player and that's it. I mean his jumpshot is so fundamentally wrong, in his mid 20s there is no chance it'll change during the summer. He doesn't even jump when he shoots. Robert 'Tractor' Trayler style lol

Of course his decision making and passing will improve from experience but his jumper...no chance! It's too flawed and he's not 16-17 anymore. This guy needs to learn the shooting technique from scratch, but his age and with the limited practice time I can't see him improving. What an ugly ugly shot. Definitely top 10 ugly shots in the NBA right now.

They were in New Orleans back in the 70s with Pete Maravich and Gail Goodrich. Then relocated to Utah to avoid going bankrupt.

Fields is a good trade asset, that's for sure. I hope we use him in a trade for CP3 DWill or Kemba Walker!

I don't think his skills will improve, the first half of the season showed who he is, imo he can't be anything more than that. A solid player, a 10.5ppg 7.6 rpg 2.5 apg player and that's it. I mean his jumpshot is so fundamentally wrong, in his mid 20s there is no chance it'll change during the summer. He doesn't even jump when he shoots. Robert 'Tractor' Trayler style lol

Of course his decision making and passing will improve from experience but his jumper...no chance! It's too flawed and he's not 16-17 anymore. This guy needs to learn the shooting technique from scratch, but his age and with the limited practice time I can't see him improving. What an ugly ugly shot. Definitely top 10 ugly shots in the NBA right now.
I still think we should do some sort of trade for OJ Mayo, maybe Turiaf straight up for Mayo? If we don't draft Faried then we should include our player from the draft in that trade.