The Free Agency

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
CA7 said:
move on be positive and good things will happen
Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Shane Battier would be a great pick up but he is on his way to the Miami Heat since Mike Miller is out for 8 weeks and is amnesty meat.

Kiyaman

Legend
u need psyco help

Just go leave, get the hell out I'm sick of all the Melo hate when he's hitting game winners and playing at an MVP level this year I dont wanna hear shit out of your mouth because all you do is bash Melo
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

u need to be gone wid dat silly-boy crying back to Denver....Melo is
o.k. if u like being a first round playoff team each season.
I was excited at the improvement of SF-Gallo & SF-Chandler each season.
If our bum headcoach had a clue on how to coach a center & SF we wouldnt
have got involve in the Melo-trade. However I am happy like hell we got
Big-Shot Chauncy Billups team-leadership/on the court coaching to develope
a backcourt co-existence with TD, Fields, and rookie Shump in this 66 game season.
:thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

u need to be gone wid dat silly-boy crying back to Denver....Melo is
o.k. if u like being a first round playoff team each season.
I was excited at the improvement of SF-Gallo & SF-Chandler each season.
If our bum headcoach had a clue on how to coach a center & SF we wouldnt
have got involve in the Melo-trade. However I am happy like hell we got
Big-Shot Chauncy Billups team-leadership/on the court coaching to develope
a backcourt co-existence with TD, Fields, and rookie Shump in this 66 game season.
:thumbsup:

Last time I checked Gallo and Chandler never got the Knicks to the playoffs and I repeat tell me Gallo or Chandler could get 42, 17 and 6.......I'll wait

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dude, when will you realize that that was the only game CA played 100% and due to injuries of other major players he had no support? Why aren't you talking about G1 where your idol got just 15/4/4 scoring 27% of all his field goal attempts, causing 5 turnovers and adding 5 personal fouls? One swallow does not make a summer, even medicore players like Felton got their ups (23/10/11), but that's the main difference between role players and real stars, medicore guys get their ups just once or twice a season and stars are supposed to make big numbers on regular basis like Amare did scoring 30+ points in 9 consecutive games. Anthony simply wastes his potential counting on our role players that are forced to do extra work because our superstar is a lazy ass...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dude, when will you realize that that was the only game CA played 100% and due to injuries of other major players he had no support? Why aren't you talking about G1 where your idol got just 15/4/4 scoring 27% of all his field goal attempts, causing 5 turnovers and adding 5 personal fouls? One swallow does not make a summer, even medicore players like Felton got their ups (23/10/11), but that's the main difference between role players and real stars, medicore guys get their ups just once or twice a season and stars are supposed to make big numbers on regular basis like Amare did scoring 30+ points in 9 consecutive games. Anthony simply wastes his potential counting on our role players that are forced to do extra work because our superstar is a lazy ass...

At the end of the day you'd pick Chandler and Gallinari over Carmelo and CP3 so your dumb

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've already told you, I'd welcome Paul with open arms, so I have no idea why did you put him in the mix... maybe because CA is more off than on the court star and you need some solid arguments to convince certain users he's worth his millions? The difference is, when Carmelo is getting the spotlight in another talk-show Paul is sweating at the gym, when Carmelo is promoting another damn product he gets $$$ from Paul is running all over the city to stay in shape. And if you're naming users "dumb" or you don't want hear "shit out of their mouth" because they're not praising CA then you should better move there: http://www.thisismelo.com/forum/ or wait, there are also users criticizing Melo:

Jordan, been a month since La-melo Anthony arrived at the Garden. in that time the Nuggest have been on a roll. we are very grateful in Denver for all the talent that came our way and for the 'awakening' that our team has shown after 'the black hole' [not a racial term - but refers to something that goes into it and never comes back] departed. George Karl is now seen as the great coach that he has always been! and i read an article where La-melo is telling us that it will all be just fine. problem is La-melo is not willing to work hard - which is a pre-req for the D'antoni offense. he won't run and he won't play defense and he surely can not jump and finish at the rim. boy, did he sell himself well, huh? and please tell him not to come to see the Colorado Buffs when they play in the NIT next week.....we don't want to see his face anywhere near a program that Chauncy was a part of!

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I understand ppl hating on players like Jefferies and Duhon, but I don't understand all the hate for arguably the best player on our team, perhaps the division and if things go well this year maybe even the entire league.

If Melo steps up his effort and defense this year I think he has MVP talent. If we make it to the playoffs in 3rd place and win a series, will the Melo-hate drop? Or is it too late for people here because they grew so attached to the draft picks we cultivated, played up and then shipped out like crates of banana's?

pat

Starter
I understand ppl hating on players like Jefferies and Duhon, but I don't understand all the hate for arguably the best player on our team, perhaps the division and if things go well this year maybe even the entire league.

If Melo steps up his effort and defense this year I think he has MVP talent.

Too iffy for me. Also I do not see how he can fit into our offense. Also I cannot see him in a more defense-oriented programme. I can see him dominating a one-on-one tournament. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We (certain Knicks fans) want our "medicore picks" back, they (most of Nuggets fans) are happy they got rid of CA and the only part of the trade they feel bad about is Chauncey Billups who's Denver's hero. It feels bad clicking the Nuggets board and reading "who needs Lamelo?", "I don't wanna see him coming back here", "glad we got rid of Lamelo" and "we must resign Chandler", "Gallo has all-star potential", "he would be a nightmare to guard" etc... I hope Carmelo starts working hard and plays his best more consistent, that's all, if I have choice between guy scoring 15 points in G1 and 42 points in G2 or two guys scoring 35 points in both G1 and G2 I would opt for Wilson + Gallo...

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
It just fathoms me that guys will choose Gallinari and Chandler over a proven vet Carmelo Anthony, he's better than both and he has a new renowned focus on becoming a better defender this year, I mean damn, what the hell did Gallo and Chandler do here that was so impressive, nothing at all. Carmelo gets so much hate yet similar playing styles like Dirk and Durant are God's yet are not defensive stoppers but are Elite players, its stupid, Carmelo is giving this team something they haven't had in a while a true Elite player, STAT is great but is a #2 guy, Melo is a true #1 and once we get CP3 a guy who will take us over the top, oh boy, but NO fans wanna be stuck in mediocrity with Felton, Mozgov, Chandler and Gallinari playing next to STAT instead of Carmelo, Stoudemire, Paul and 2 solid role guys at the 2 and the 5.

I'm done with this convo and I hope no one who's bashing Melo starts oraising him when he does his thing this year

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Gallinari and Chandler mostly sharing their time at #3 averaged higher numbers than Anthony does playing solo, I posted all their stats in other thread. Denver without Anthony and with some medicore players instead made a 18-7 run to the playoffs and almost every Nugget fan was surprised how their ball movement and defense got better without "Lamelo" as they used to call their former superstar. They are simply happy they're a better team than they were before the trade plus they have more depth and plenty salary room to further improve.

I also love the idea that Melo thought the grass was greener out of Denver. Last time he went 1-9 in any stretch was in 2004. And despite all the crap he did to screw up his career (no list necessary), the media/fan backlash was never that strong here. He's gonna get ripped apart if the Knicks keep losing.

Melo had no idea how good he had it in Denver, most of us knew he gave minimal effort at times, had some off the court issues, and did not like playing within a real team system, but he was given a pass because he was our guy. In New york that **** does not fly, they expect more from their stars, and Melo will have to figure out how to give more to survive.

You have to say based on performance that Felton, Chandler, Gallo and (maybe even) Mozgov are fundamentally good defensive players. Someone coached them on defense. Karl's scheme now works because... of better players.

After 7 1/2 years, Melo is still pulling the same crap he always has, I can remember many games where the Nuggets lost and he was happy, I also remember plenty of games where he played like ****, and found a way to blame the loss of others.

It is funny how hard Knicks fans have tried to defend Melo over the last few months, one day you will realize that according to Melo it is never his fault when a team loses and all on him that they won, just as I said in my post. It has nothing to do with being bitter, but everything to do with reality.

So the Nuggets come back down to earth at some point. Down to what? Right now they are on a 67 win pace. They are doing it by defense against good playoff teams, it is not like they are cleaning up against a bunch of the bottom dwellers. It is funny and sad how underrated so many of the Nuggets players have been over the years, and right now they are proving it. Even if all they are is a 50-55 win team, they still are the same or better then they were prior to the trade.

The problem with Melo here in Denver was that everyone stood around watching him create his own shot - when the best offenses pass the ball off of pick and rolls and screens, moving it around until the open shooter is found. Watching Denver play since the trade, it's almost day and night difference - you can clearly see the rotations on defense are better, the passing is crisper, and you can't count on who is going to attack you. We have a ton of good 3 point shooters, and we can dribble penetrate with the best in the league.

Personally, I could care less if you are right or wrong because the Nuggets win/lose are now playing a brand of basketball that is very fun to watch in comparison to the stand around and watch one guy operate on offense that created no player or ball movement, which is what they were doing on offense prior to the trade. Plus, now instead of missing rotations and playing sloppy defense, they are playing some great team defense.

And more, and more, and more...

Wargames

Starter
Hey the Melo drama is over. Yeah our teams FO gave away to many assets but the Knicks tend to suck at trades. Carmelo also wasn't just bought here to score he was bought here to lessen the offensive load for Amare who was being doubled teamed all game (thus allowing the other Knicks to score easier).

Gallo, Will, and Felton were not scrubs and being on a team in Denver that no longer relied on Melo scoring off of Iso plays (because he is a good enough player to be able to score on just about anyone in a iso play) helped because they could move the ball around and get open looks.

Anyhow we have Melo an while I question going for CP3 instead of a center and complementary pieces the FO is dead set to get him (probably because it will guarantee ticket and knick memorabilia sales)

We as fans want the Knicks to win a championship (so we can shoot down all the knick haters) and the Knicks FO wants more viewers for MSG so they can charge more for advertising fees. Hopefully by 2012/2013 both sides will be satisfied.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dude Gallinari and Chandler did not split time at the 3 they played together most of the season Felton-Fields-Chandler-Gallinari-Stoudemire was the main line-up for O'Antoni most of the year so dont run that bullshit with me, it aint flyin, Carmelo puts this team in a better situation than Gallinari and Chandler have, could have and ever have. Billups and potentially Paul are better championship winning options than Felton at then end of the day