The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Last report I read was
Fields, Gallo, Mozgov, Felton, Chandler and a 1st rounder.

As much as we want Melo would anyone do that this trade for Melo and Billups ?

honestly no..youre giving up EVERYBODY. starting PG, starting SG, starting SF (even though Melo will be the new SF), starting C, and best 6th man..drag it out longer

skisloper

Starter
honestly no..youre giving up EVERYBODY. starting PG, starting SG, starting SF (even though Melo will be the new SF), starting C, and best 6th man..drag it out longer

I agree but people have to realize if we dont get Melo its because this this deal is not good for us.:afro:

STAT1

Starter
Last report I read was
Fields, Gallo, Mozgov, Felton, Chandler and a 1st rounder.

As much as we want Melo would anyone do that this trade for Melo and Billups ?

Wasn't that report written by Marc Berman in the NY Post? Not the most reliable of sources. ESPN reported the deal as being Gallo, Felton, another starter, Curry and a 1st round pick. Assuming that 1st round pick means Anthony Randolph is going to Minnesota, it seems to leave us with a choice between including either Landry, Wilson or Timo as the other starter in the deal.

If that report was accurate how do the Knicks pass up on the chance to get Carmelo Anthony and still hold onto Landry and Timo? Maybe Berman's report was right, who knows. That would explain why the Knicks are hedging at least.

Wasn't that report written by Marc Berman in the NY Post? Not the most reliable of sources. ESPN reported the deal as being Gallo, Felton, another starter, Curry and a 1st round pick. Assuming that 1st round pick means Anthony Randolph is going to Minnesota, it seems to leave us with a choice between including either Landry, Wilson or Timo as the other starter in the deal.

If that report was accurate how do the Knicks pass up on the chance to get Carmelo Anthony and still hold onto Landry and Timo? Maybe Berman's report was right, who knows. That would explain why the Knicks are hedging at least.
As long as we dont trade Fields i'll be happy with any trade.

STAT1

Starter
I agree, any trade where we can keep Landry Fields to get Melo is a no brainer. I think people are sleeping on the impact Chauncey Billups could have as well. He is still playing at a very high level, I have no doubts his stats would get a bump playing in this speedball system too, and his assist numbers would definitely go up playing with STAT and Melo.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Dolan Met With Carmelo On Thursday; Knicks, Nuggets To Hold Conference Call On Friday

Feb 18, 2011 16:40 PM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Knicks and Nuggets are set for a high-level conference call concerning a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony.

In a surprise move, James Dolan already held a meeting with Anthony late Thursday in Los Angeles, beating Mikhail Prokhorov to the punch.

In the afternoon on Friday, Knicks front office members will get on the phone with Nuggets officials. Expected to be on the call are Dolan, Donnie Walsh, San Kroenke and Masai Uriji.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick. Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Anthony said he is unaware of a meeting with New Jersey and in all likelihood he is hoping that a deal can be agreed to between the Knicks and

Nuggets before any meeting with the Nets is scheduled.

Via New York Daily News

wow :thumbsup:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
If Dolan spoke to Melo already I'm pretty sure he broke down all the options to him. Letting him know that we want him and this is where he belongs. Now I hope he explained to him the situation from our standpoint that gutting our team won't be beneficial to him in the future and that we are trying to get a reasonable deal done. The Nuggets think that they can get what they want, well guess what it's not going to happen. But emphasize that Melo has become our priority.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Melo To NETS deal in place, awaiting Melo's signature

Carmelo Anthony and New York Knicks owner James Dolan met on Thursday night in Los Angeles, the New York Daily News reported on Friday afternoon.
The newspaper also reported that the executives of the Knicks and Denver Nuggets were set to hold a conference call on Friday afternoon to discuss a deal involving Anthony, who has been the subject of trade rumors to the Knicks and New Jersey Nets for the past several months.
<!-- begin inline 1 -->
1975.jpg

Anthony
<!-- end inline 1 -->The meeting in Los Angeles is the first known face-to-face contact between Anthony and the Knicks. It's an open secret around the league that the Knicks are Anthony's preferred destination.
Earlier Friday, the Bergen (N.J.) Record reported the Nuggets and Nets had agreed on players in a trade for Anthony, but needed to get Anthony to agree to sign a three-year, $65 million extension to seal the deal.
The Record, citing sources, reported that the Nets would get Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman from the Nuggets.
In turn, the Nets would send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks to Denver.
But sources told ESPN.com on Thursday night not all of those picks would wind up in Denver's hands. At least one of the first-rounders is earmarked to be packaged with Murphy to a third team -- either in this trade or in a separate deal -- because the Nuggets have maintained for months that they're unwilling to absorb Murphy's $12 million expiring contract for luxury-tax reasons.
Thursday night, ESPN.com reported that sources close to the situation said the Nuggets were operating under the assumption that Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and Anthony would meet face-to-face at All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.
A Nets spokeswoman told The Associated Press that Prokhorov had not changed his mind about trading for Anthony. Last month, he announced that his team was done chasing a deal for the Nuggets' All-Star.
<!-- begin inline 2 -->
Photos: Carmelo Anthony's career

<center> </center> Stay in Denver? Go to N.Y. or L.A.? As MeloDrama plays out, enjoy photos of
a star's career: Carmelo Anthony
photo.png

<!-- end inline 2 -->Anthony, speaking Friday at a NBA Cares Day of Service event in Los Angeles, said "no meeting at all" is scheduled with the Nets. Calling it "news to me," Anthony said: "If I was to meet with that guy [Prokhorov] to be honest I really don't know what I would say."
Anthony added: "I know this is the All-Star week but it's also a big week for me as far as having some knowledge about my situation."
He said he would like to have "something up in stone before I leave here this weekend" and he might "not get any more sleep for the next four or five days."
Asked whether he wants to meet directly with his suitors before making a deal, Anthony said: "I think, with anything in business, you want to sit and look in a person's eyes. Whether it's Prokhorov or it's Dolan, whether it's [Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry] Buss, the third team that just came out last week. Whoever it is, you want to sit and have eye contact with them and get a feel for 'em."
This is the third time since September the Nuggets and Nets have reached an advanced stage in negotiations for an Anthony trade.
A source told ESPN's Ric Bucher on Friday that Anthony would sign the extension with New Jersey if the Knicks can't make a deal.
Sources told ESPN.com Thursday night that Prokhorov, despite the team statement, has been negotiating directly with Nuggets ownership this week while awaiting confirmation of a meeting in which the Nets finally might be able to lobby Anthony to abandon his long-standing determination to be a Knick.
The trading deadline is 3 p.m. ET Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6136920

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo Again

If Denver asked for three starters, including Felton, and that Gallo's the hold-up, that means that two of the starters are Gallo and Felton. Who is the third? I will bet it is not Chandler. Technically he is not currently a starter. This would mean it is either Fields or Mozgov.

My guess is that the hold up is not Gallo but Denver's refusal to take Chandler instead of Gallo.

But, again, who is the 3rd player? We cannot keep Chandler if we sign Carmelo to the extend and trade he appears to want. So as a practical matter, Denver is effectively asking for us to give up Felton, Gallo, Fields or Mozgov, and Chandler, as well as a first that can be acquired with AR. That is a substantial amount to give up.

Denver has got to take Chandler and only one of Fields, Gallo and Mozgov at the very most.

STAT1

Starter
But, again, who is the 3rd player? We cannot keep Chandler if we sign Carmelo to the extend and trade he appears to want. So as a practical matter, Denver is effectively asking for us to give up Felton, Gallo, Fields or Mozgov, and Chandler, as well as a first that can be acquired with AR. That is a substantial amount to give up.

You can always trade Wilson in a separate deal before the trade deadline or in a sign and trade this summer if Denver doesn't want him as part of this deal.

skisloper

Starter
If Denver asked for three starters, including Felton, and that Gallo's the hold-up, that means that two of the starters are Gallo and Felton. Who is the third? I will bet it is not Chandler. Technically he is not currently a starter. This would mean it is either Fields or Mozgov.

My guess is that the hold up is not Gallo but Denver's refusal to take Chandler instead of Gallo.

Denver has got to take Chandler and only one of Fields, Gallo and Mozgov at the very most.

The only thing that makes sense for us not pulling the trigger is Denver wants.
Fields, Gallo, Felton and a first rounder.

Now the question is that if thats the case do we pull the trigger ?
Basically its
Gallo for Melo
Felton for Billups
and we throw in Fields and a 1st rounder...

as Much as I am a big fan of Gallo and Fields I say we do it...
I would try and keep fields or Gallo and give up Chandler with Mozgov as Denvers incentive.

I love Fields remaining as a starter...
But I think Gallo off the bench could be a thrill

moneyg

Starter
I'm givin up

Gallo
Felton
Chandler
Ar or first rounder
Curry
Tmoz

If the want

I'd rather keep fields than t moz

Fields is better, more consistent and cheaper. Gives us more flexability

I'm ready to go to war with

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Baron or turiaf

Nobody has mentioned that detroit will most likely be buying out RIP after deadline and I'd luv to pick him up on the cheap

He has chemistry with billups. Billups has chemistry with melo

We can make a nice run in the playoffs.

moneyg

Starter
Furthermore

It pisses me off that oantoni luvs the cock so much he willing to miss out on melo

If gallo goes the coach has to go next. He is to stubborn and will probably play 7 players to prove his point.

I told yall from day one

Don't hate the player, hate the coach

Cock luva. Smh

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
So since the Dolan meeting and and today's info, no new news regarding the supposed conference call between owners and FO folk from Denver with us? Seems odd to me after every 10 minutes the story was changing today and now we haven't heard anything, unless it's still going on. Hopefully they hammer out this deal and two Knicks can be coaching the rookie/soph game tomorrow night.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
So since the Dolan meeting and and today's info, no new news regarding the supposed conference call between owners and FO folk from Denver with us? Seems odd to me after every 10 minutes the story was changing today and now we haven't heard anything, unless it's still going on. Hopefully they hammer out this deal and two Knicks can be coaching the rookie/soph game tomorrow night.

actually the rookie/soph game is tonight in about an hour on tnt =D... I'm watching the stupid celebrity game right now and actually getting into it lmao whats wrong with me.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I'm totally against this trade.
If Melo really wants to succeed in NY, he can wait till the summer and sign as FA and be part of a team that can contend for the title.
If we get him via trade, he and Amar'e would be the only pieces in the puzzle, and we cannot complete it with only 2 pieces.
I say wait or just leave it, we're not gonna give everything for him and destroy what took years to build...a team!

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
OK sorry, forgot the game was tonight, fact remains, and no one has answered, is there new info? Did we get it done on the conference call ?