Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 7:30 12/21/2019 [Game #30]

tiger0330

Legend
He dribble into the key were the coach want the ball to go, right. When you go that deep into the key what in the hell do you think you are going to draw? Answer - A double team!! What do you do but pass out of it. That says someone is free. correct. Bobby didn't go to the open space.

Know fundamental BB!!!

We down by 13.
Disagree, that was a dumb ass pass caused by the pressure which he dribbles into. Still don't like this 3 PG rotation, DSJ is in so all 3 guys have played the point before the half.

tiger0330

Legend
68-54 at the half. They got it to as few as 8, Giannis hasn't even got it going way below his season scoring avg. Let's see if they can contain him the second half, if they can we may have a chance.

Kiyaman

Legend
Disagree, that was a dumb ass pass caused by the pressure which he dribbles into. Still don't like this 3 PG rotation, DSJ is in so all 3 guys have played the point before the half.

Yeah! that's Dolan's LOSER coaching Miller are doing two days in a row.
Payton was building a nice team-ball chemistry in the 2nd unit lineup.
Payton's PG talent cant help iso-RJ, or iso-Morris, or iso-Randle ..
And adding DSJ or Frank to the the 2nd unit to replace Payton are demoting MitchRob, Portis, Knox, and Doton.

tiger0330

Legend
Reggie Bullock is a good shooter and 3 and D guy, he might help the shooting when he gets back. RJ may become more consistent and maybe Ellington can hit jumpers at his career avg. Knicks have shot terribly this half.

tiger0330

Legend
Breen mentioned just what I've been saying from day one of this 3 headed PG rotation. Tough to get into a rhythm and develop chemistry with others with guys playing 16 minutes. Miller or Perry should make the tough decision to bench someone or trade DSJ or Ntilikina.

tiger0330

Legend
I would give up on DSJ if looking for a guy to trade. Look at a guy like Brook Lopez who through practice has made himself a good 3 pt shooter but DSJ works on his shot all summer and is worse than last year, I'd question whether he'll ever have a good jump shot. Nits the same, hasn't improved but at least he has size and can defend. I'd be moving on from both guys as a starting PG though.

If you don't see any change then that demotion wasn't your problem. Was IT!!

Identify the problem and quit looking for scapegoats.

tiger0330

Legend
If you don't see any change then that demotion wasn't your problem. Was IT!!

Identify the problem and quit looking for scapegoats.
I'd quit picking on RJ then your pet scapegoat. He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.

tiger0330

Legend
Reggie Bullock is a good shooter and 3 and D guy, he might help the shooting when he gets back. RJ may become more consistent and maybe Ellington can hit jumpers at his career avg. Knicks have shot terribly this half.
Breen and Clyde talking about Reggie coming back soon.

Broadway

All Star

I agree Tig

I look at 2 things from the PG position...their ability to distribute the basketball(also known as getting assists), and pace at which they play at. Payton is better than both DSJ and STANK. The other thing I look at is when you consider their best games...how great an impact did they have and what was the arc from it. Again Payton has the edge here but DSJ is also capable. STANK has a slight edge in 3pt shooting and defense but it's at such a suboptimal level it's had extremely little TEAM impact and doesn't move the needle

STANK being the squeaky clean cut nice guy from Europe won't cut it for me, never did

Last edited:
I'd quit picking on RJ then your pet scapegoat. He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.

It not about RJ being my pet scapegoat. We just make a change in the starting lineup? YES. Was there any change in the team? NO!!
So if the demotion of Frank wasn't the answer to the team problems. THEN WHAT IS?? Fiz said he was going to make a major change to the starting lineup. Does demoting Frank seen like a major change? NO!!

Quit trying to make RJ a star when you so two good rookie last night.

Again, Identify the problem!!!

Kiyaman

Legend

RJ is 8th in the NBA top 10 rookie count for ROY.
Changing lineups was so stupid of coach Miller ..
Especially, using Frank as the scapegoat to change starter lineup, plus adding a Tier-4 PG DSJ to the rotation.
Putting Payton in the starter lineup was STUPID! When Payton was doing great for the bench lineup.

Tonight, the Bucks beat us down pitifully in every quarter of the GAME !!!

I agree Tig

I look at 2 things from the PG position...their ability to distribute the basketball(also known as getting assists), and pace in which they play at. Payton is better than both DSJ and STANK. The other thing I look at is when you consider their best games...how great of an impact did they had and what was the arc from it. Again Payton has the edge here but DSJ is also capable. STANK has a slight edge in 3pt shooting and defense but it's at such a suboptimal level it has extremely little TEAM impact and doesn't move the needle

STANK being the squeaky clean cut nice guy from Europe won't cut it for me, never did

Well, it obvious of one thing you do listen(Move the Needle). Wonder where you got that from, Hmmmm. Maybe you should listen to some other things and remember them. Outside of that those few words the rest your comments aren't very good observation.

Again Why is RJ on the floor late in the 4th quarter. You guess it gang. They are trying to pad his stat's so they can talk about how GREAT he is as a rookie. BS!!!

tiger0330

Legend
It not about RJ being my pet scapegoat. We just make a change in the starting lineup? YES. Was there any change in the team? NO!!
So if the demotion of Frank wasn't the answer to the team problems. THEN WHAT IS?? Fiz said he was going to make a major change to the starting lineup. Does demoting Frank seen like a major change? NO!!

Quit trying to make RJ a star when you so two good rookie last night.

Again, Identify the problem!!!
Think I read that Fizdale’s major change was going to be starting Payton and demoting Frank. I thought Payton was the best PG of the 3 and if it was me I’d say he’d earn the starting job and the bulk of the minutes.