Is Jefferies a lock to remain a Knickerbocker?

Which of these players would you keep if only able to choose 1.

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He used to be one of the most maligned Knicks to don the O&B, but Jefferies won all of us over last season. In particular, his ethic and effort throughout the elation of Linsanity was what turned the hearts of his previous detractors.

He seems to have reached his prime - a late bloomer to say the least - and his role fits the team so well since Tyson Chandler joined the fray.

Now that free agency is underway, the 76ers have reportedly voiced their interest in obtaining his services.

Free Agency is officially less than three hours away. The Sixers brain-trust consists of Rod Thorn and Buddhist Doug Collins, so bad decisions seem inevitable. First, they were rumored to be interested in Jamal Crawford ? which would be terrible. Now, rumors have surfaced that the Sixers may be interested in Jared Jeffries.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/...a-76ers-rumors-nba-free-agency-jared-jeffries

Our beloved Knicks can only afford him the veteran's minimum, and he proved outright that he can contribute at a level that exceeds such a low salary.

I'd hate to see him go.

How about you, KO.com?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
We cannot lose Jeffries,he really help last season.
However,we cannot use money on him for so much offense lacking.
He needs to sign whatever we give him, he was a joke before this season.

STAT1

Starter
Jefferies does not bring much to the table other than taking charges in the lane & being a good teammate on the bench. I would rather have someone who can actually finish at the rim & still play defense & add some toughness. Guys like Kenyon Martin or Reggie Evans would be much better fits for this team in my opinion.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
I'd keep fields. keep working on his defense and his physical attributes making him more explosive.

Offensively ,I just want him to attack every time. work on his mid range drive and pop or drive and kick out. Eventually defenders will give him more space and eventually his j's will improve over time.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I chose Jeffries as much as he doesn't have an offensive side he is an over aggressive on the ball defensive player, above average rebounder... Blue moon can knock down the three ball...

Novak is just a shooter that can NOT find his own shot, which in this offense is a liability... On defense he is non-existent...

TD has some skills but is more worth to us as a trade piece...
Douglas has defensive skills that could be useful, but offensively he is an older Jeremy Lin... Up tempo, below average ball handler that needs plenty of work...

Fields is a scrappy player, but again to keep him will cost too much rather sign & trade him if possible... Landry can be a really good role player but only on the 2nd line, not as a starter...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I voted Novak there are other great 3 point shooters in this league but novaks consistency has blown me away and he can play the 4 spot and spread the floor, but jeffries is a hard working player who brings no drama to the team. He goes out there brings energy and plays his role (also sticks up for his team mates) BUT jeffries is a very limited/injury prone player in which i believe if someone is willing to give this guy beyond 1 mill they are complete jackasses. Jeffries is a great guy but extending him pass vet min is a DRUNK MANS move.

With that being said, i feel jeffries loves New York and loves playing here.. he may listen to other offers but my gut feelings tells me he's back in New York for the vet min.

Paul1355

All Star
I was the best example of someone who couldn't stand Jeffries and would argue with anyone that supported him being on this team, yet now I want him back.

He is not a starter and I think many of us disliked him because he was getting starters minutes under Mike D who likes his favorites.

Jeffries is a perfect role player that can guard multiple positions and brings great intangibles. For the veterans minimum he is a nice piece to have for the court and locker room because players love him.

However, we should look at replacements and/or upgrades at the PF position. We need someone that has some post game that can spell Amare.

I like Harrelson but he is slow and is more of a Center in my opinion.

We need a athletic PF that can run the floor and score. I liked the idea of J.J Hickson but he might want more than what we can offer.

CoolClyde

I was the best example of someone who couldn't stand Jeffries and would argue with anyone that supported him being on this team, yet now I want him back.

He is not a starter and I think many of us disliked him because he was getting starters minutes under Mike D who likes his favorites.

Jeffries is a perfect role player that can guard multiple positions and brings great intangibles. For the veterans minimum he is a nice piece to have for the court and locker room because players love him.

However, we should look at replacements and/or upgrades at the PF position. We need someone that has some post game that can spell Amare.

I like Harrelson but he is slow and is more of a Center in my opinion.

We need a athletic PF that can run the floor and score. I liked the idea of J.J Hickson but he might want more than what we can offer.

I wholeheartedly agree Paul, I was way down on the Giraffe because of Antoni's love affair with him, but came to respect the way he came back last season to be an essential bench cog in the wheel of Wood. son.

However, I like Jorts, because he can score more, hit the three, his defense is decent, and I believe he will become a better role player filling in for Chandler, something the Knicks need desperately. I just have faith in the guy to become a significant cog.

Jefferies, as well as he's played, is injury-prone, and if Philly wants him, I think Knicks will have to give him up.

Novak, although one of the best three-point shooters, was exposed as being dead wood (son) when covered by a defensive-minded team.

Fields has shown he cannot co-exist with Melo or this new Knick squadron, he disappeared, along with his shot, more than he dominated, and I believe he's trade bait.

Speaking of disappearing/trade bait, Toney Douglass... sad.

So, yeah, I went with Jorts, just because no one voted for him. ha!
I almost voted Girafferies, just couldn't do it!

giraffe2.jpg

I'd like to see the Knicks get a pure shooting guard or backup point guard who knows his stuff,
and I think the guys in the poll would have to go to get him, and I'd be ok with that.

nice poll, Crazy 80!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Doubt he goes anywhere. He loves playing NY loves the fans, and doesnt wanna be anywhere else. and at the veterans min. he's a spectacular piece on a franchise. Return of the giraffe

Paul1355

All Star
I wholeheartedly agree Paul, I was way down on the Giraffe because of Antoni's love affair with him, but came to respect the way he came back last season to be an essential bench cog in the wheel of Wood. son.

However, I like Jorts, because he can score more, hit the three, his defense is decent, and I believe he will become a better role player filling in for Chandler, something the Knicks need desperately. I just have faith in the guy to become a significant cog.

Jefferies, as well as he's played, is injury-prone, and if Philly wants him, I think Knicks will have to give him up.

Novak, although one of the best three-point shooters, was exposed as being dead wood (son) when covered by a defensive-minded team.

Fields has shown he cannot co-exist with Melo or this new Knick squadron, he disappeared, along with his shot, more than he dominated, and I believe he's trade bait.

Speaking of disappearing/trade bait, Toney Douglass... sad.

So, yeah, I went with Jorts, just because no one voted for him. ha!
I almost voted Girafferies, just couldn't do it!

giraffe2.jpg

I'd like to see the Knicks get a pure shooting guard or backup point guard who knows his stuff,
and I think the guys in the poll would have to go to get him, and I'd be ok with that.

nice poll, Crazy 80!
Harrelson could be our backup Center if he improves on his hustle and stamina...he has a big body to guard most centers and can box out anyone with his wide frame. His ability to spread the floor with his shot is rare with centers these days and he has been aproject for long enough. It is time for Harrelson to step it up a be a serviceable big man as a role player.

Novak was a no show because of two things. 1) Novak always had some elite defender on him, which he is not use to. It was either Wade, Battier, or Lebron guarding him on the wing, so no chance Novak was getting any shots off. This is also the problem we had with not having a PG, if we had a PG then Heat would have had to focus on Lin driving to the hoop rather than Novak. 2) Novak needs to have plays drawn up for him where a player comes and screens his man for an open shot ala Ray Allen style. Obviously Novak does not have the speed of Allen to run around screens but Novak can get open, there are just NO plays for him, which is a tragedy with his shooting stroke being money.

Everything else I totally agreed with

KingCharles34

All Star
For those that dont already I know I've been a Jeffries fan for 4 or 5 years, he did always show some brilliant defensive flashes in the past but he was alot more consistent with his effort and focus last year. Hes the type of player that needs good players to play off of and get energy from. I think he always had this in him...

With that being said i hurt me to choose between Jeffries and Novak. I went with Jeffries but im feeling a little guilty right now

snoop.png

Paul1355

All Star
For those that dont already I know I've been a Jeffries fan for 4 or 5 years, he did always show some brilliant defensive flashes in the past but he was alot more consistent with his effort and focus last year. Hes the type of player that needs good players to play off of and get energy from. I think he always had this in him...

With that being said i hurt me to choose between Jeffries and Novak. I went with Jeffries but im feeling a little guilty right now

snoop.png

Jeffries helps on defense but the more important need right now is spacing the floor for Melo, Amare, and Chandler...and Novak does that

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I asked Alan Hahn if there's anything new about JJ's situation and this is what I got:

"@Dzwonsson: @alanhahn Alan, any news on Jeffries?" Mutual interest, but neither side in a rush. Curious to see if theres a market for JJ.

Let's hope we can bring him for a vet him, Jorts is still a project and Jeffries proved he can be a quality defender @ #4/5.