Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards (2015/01/07)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
WAS.gif

(5-32) (23-11)

VenueTVTIME
Verizon Center, Washington, DCMSG7:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

quincy_acy.png
paul_pierce.png

tim_hardaway_jr.png
nene.png

cole_aldrich.png
marcin_gortat.png

jose_calderon.png
bradley_beal.png

shane_larkin.png
john_wall.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Washington Wizards
Amar?e Stoudemire - Sore Right Knee (OUT)-
Carmelo Anthony - Sore Left Knee (DOUBT)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (DOUBT)-
- -

Today in Knicks history
488269655.jpg

January 7, 2001Knicks defeat Washington 103-87 at Madison Square Garden, marking the 28th consecutive game that they held an opponent under 100 points, tying a post-shot- clock NBA record.

Recent meetings
December 25, 2014On a beautiful Christmas afternoon, Washington visited Madison Square Garden for a matchup with the New York Knicks as they cruised to an easy 102-91 wire-to-wire victory over the home team on December 25, 2014. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 34 points on 13-26 shooting over 43 minutes. Jose Calderon added 16 points and a team high four assists over 36 minutes. John Wall paced the Wizards with 24 points, 11 assists and six rebounds over 36 minutes. Bradley Beal added 17 points and five assists.
November 4, 2014New York took the early lead as they outscored Washington 45-40 in the first half only to see the Wizards storm back in the third quarter to outdo the Knicks 32-15 en route to a 98-83 victory at Madison Square Garden. Iman Shumpert sparked the Knicks with a season high 19 points on 6-11 shooting including 4-4 from downtown over 31 minutes. This was the most points Shumpert has scored since Jan. 22, 2014 @ PHL. Carmelo Anthony added 18 points and six rebounds over 37 minutes. Washington was led by Garrett Temple?s 17 points and five rebounds over 30 minutes. Familiar face, Paul Pierce, posted 17 points, five rebounds and three assists over 27 minutes for the Wizards.

Thanks for another great game thread. Every now and again we'll probably accidentally win a game, but no reason to ever expect one at this point. Getting ready for this game and laughing to myself that apparently the Cavs plan to turn things around is to acquire as many former Knicks as possible now that they add Mozgov to JR Smith and Shump.

We hung around with our makeshift roster through most of the 1st quarter until Wall made his presence felt and we finish the quarter down by 9. Early doing his best on Wall, but that is one hell of a challenge for him. Galloway gets exactly 10 seconds to end the 1st quarter to start his NBA career.

Fisher starts the 2nd quarter with Aldrich, Early, Acy, Larkin, and Galloway. Galloway picks off a pass and goes coast to coast to draw the foul on the other end, almost gets an and 1.

Sideline report details how Calderon has told Galloway he will help him any way he can during and between games. Calderon may not be earning his contract on the court, but he can be a valuable bench/locker room asset to our young guys.

Aldrich plays some decent defense, can get double digit rebounds every night, has a baby hook shot that is a work in progress, and makes several nice passes a night. If we strike out in free agency for a star big man, it is going to be a real tragedy if we lose out on him in the offseason too.

Fisher choosing to play Calderon and Prigs together, subbing them in at the same time. Aldrich logging crazy minutes. He's the one guy who doesn't seem to ever come out of the game.

THJ continues to play a version of basketball that looks like JR Smith without the occasional ability to make a nice pass. I understand he is out there with no one special, but THJ is a huge ball hog for a guy who never seems to be knocking down shots.

Only down by 12 at the half, which isn't as bad as it could be given the rotation we are sporting right now, but still, no reason to believe we will compete at all in the 2nd half.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for another great game thread. Every now and again we'll probably accidentally win a game, but no reason to ever expect one at this point. Getting ready for this game and laughing to myself that apparently the Cavs plan to turn things around is to acquire as many former Knicks as possible now that they add Mozgov to JR Smith and Shump.
I knew they would never pick up Dally. Dally doesn't have the motor the Cavs want or need.

Watching the new guys is the only thing left to watch now but jeez the NBA ought to cancel that London game if this is the team they send to play in that game. Hopefully Stat and Melo are back to represent the team and the NBA over there.

Wait a minute. Nene retaliates against a Jason Smith foul under the hoop with a cheap shot elbow and that's a technical foul. Since when is hitting a guy a tech only. Nene should be ejected. It won't affect the game at all, but that's some bull right there.

tiger0330

Legend
Htr10 Thanks for keeping the game thread alive in this miserable season. Until Melo, Stat and even Bargs get back the Knicks will not win a game. I think the 76ers are better than the team that played today.

Htr10 Thanks for keeping the game thread alive in this miserable season. Until Melo, Stat and even Bargs get back the Knicks will not win a game. I think the 76ers are better than the team that played today.

Knicks played way over their head tonight, actually getting the game to as close as 5 in the 2nd half. Best news for the Knicks is that Calderon is doing his part and had 17 points on 50% shooting with a handful of rebounds and assists. He can definitely make it much easier for PJ to trade him if he continues to play like he did tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Htr10 Thanks for keeping the game thread alive in this miserable season. Until Melo, Stat and even Bargs get back the Knicks will not win a game.
I think the 76ers are better than the team that played today.

u think .... I think once we lose a certain amount of games then management will give Fisher the green light to TRY for a win

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Wanting to tank or not I don't know how any Knicks fan would want to see this continue. Nice that the young guys are getting a chance now though.