World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

bigapple

Starter
he is just wearing Knicks hat nothing special Spike is also visible @ Staples center

SNoop Dogg is visible with Barca and Spain shirts

i like Raul Gonzales and Iker even as they r Madritistas

New New York

Quiet Storm
New Concerns and New sign of Hope

1st the concern. I do not know how valid a claim is that Lakers are going to go after Melo in 2014 ( I mean after all that would no doubt spell the ending for Dantoni) but if it is true they will be rooting against us worst than Nets fans this season. So the notion that they release Ron Ron (his NY Name) now just to see him join us to help us win big next season seems a little less appealing if they are going after Melo. Plus they still have 6 days to decide and can choose not to....and Steve Blake is an option too and they did just resign Jordan Farmar. But Dantoni does like him and he fits more his style than Ron and again he saves them far less than cutting Ron would

Encouraging sign: Ron Artest will cost The Lakers 20+ million dollars if they decide to keep him on the roster next year! Now while this does not to Ron's pockets its costing The Lakers just the same. 20+ million is a lot for a player who averaged career lows last season and is not ideal to your coaches system. Not to mention even if he signs w us for just minimum that does offset what they owe him meaning they would owe him only 5.9

20+million is more than 5.9

Also, word has it they really were pushing him to opt out and become a FA and he may have upset some by not doing so (although I am sure they understand his F.U. pay me stance).

metrocard

Legend
Tyrus Thomas just got released, word is Knicks want him too.

Well, we do need a shot blocker and some youth.

Thomas' shot selection and low level in intangibles and being in the right position does hurt.

Man, this sucks to be this desperate as a team.

We should of never let Anthony Randolph go...he could of been our Camby.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I'd be surprised if we get him...You just know some doosh-bag team will claim him....

MWP stated if some douche bag team claimed him he would retire...

There is a strong possibility he will go unclaimed and then sign with the Knicks...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Well the word is out that he wants to be a Knick, so lets hope it goes through smoothly. What would happen if someone picks him up anyway??? Would he have to cry and scream to get released? or would he have to retire? and if he did retire how soon could he come out of retirement? sorry for all the questions...

petescud

Starter
Metta is pretty psycho. He says something different every day. I know his dad hopes he signs with us. He loves the Knicks and always did - said it on a radio show i saw recently. Only issue i'm hearing is he doesn't want to up his kids and disrupt their lives as they live near LA. My guess if he doesn't sign with us, he may sign with the Clippers or a team near LA

tiger0330

Legend
If he retires he has to wait a year before he can apply to come back. The year wait rule was made to prevent a player who doesn't want to play for a certain team, retires and then comes back to play for another team.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Metta is pretty psycho. He says something different every day. I know his dad hopes he signs with us. He loves the Knicks and always did - said it on a radio show i saw recently. Only issue i'm hearing is he doesn't want to up his kids and disrupt their lives as they live near LA. My guess if he doesn't sign with us, he may sign with the Clippers or a team near LA

He ain't psycho.
Just an honest guy with balls.

CoolClyde

48 hours... if no other team claims him in 48 hours, he becomes free agent and Knicks can sign him...
48 hours...

otherwise, Knicks have no chance...

"Teams with room under the salary cap have 48 hours to put in a claim on World Peace.
If no team with cap space tries to claim World Peace, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
The Knicks, according to a league source, will have interest in World Peace if he makes it through waivers."

there's over a dozen teams right now with cap space who can bid on MWP,
even more if they make cuts within the next 48 hours...

the Knicks chance of signing MWP is slim as a pubic hair... 48 hours...

p0nder

Starter
MWP and JR Smith on the same team???

i bet the media is salivating at the potential here. "bash bro's throwin' bo's!" and etc.

Could they co-exist? how would MWP rub Melo? Where does this leave Amar'e/TC/Bargni minutes? lot of questions but he's probably the biggest upside 'peace' out there that we could get. (see what i did there?) I don't think many teams are willing to upset the locker room balance for him. Looking at what happened with Lamar Odom after he left the lakers i think teams are weary of guys that performed well but don't want to leave big market clubs. I think that leaves Knicks, the Nyets, and the Clippers in the true running for him. after AK signed with the nyets i don't think they can make a play for him and I don't know the clips situation cap wise but i don't think they can claim him right now.... Who else would/could risk it?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I've said all along Dallas biggest threat to grab him and they have just let it be known they will not bid

Pins and Needles til Sunday morning

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I'm just going to put this out there after the Nets signed AK47 but could he go to the Nets to come home to NY.

Essentially yes he could, but he grew up a Knicks fan and played a lot of games in MSG when he attended St. John's... Doubt he would want to go to the Nets...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm down for it.....He and Shump and Chandler loading up the "D"....is MWP going to sign for 1.7 mil though

Well he's still getting the 8 mil that's owed to him for the Lakers so I doubt he would mind taking the mle or minimum to come to NY

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2