The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Wargames

Starter
If we make the deal for Melo we won't have enough cap space to sign any major free agents but we will be a lot more attractive to veteran free agents who might want to latch on with low money contracts for a chance at a championship the way Miami attracted role players this past summer, the Nazr Mohammeds or Jeff Fosters. Depending on the new CBA if there's a midlevel exception contract clause we could use that to sign Reggie Evans, Joel Pryzbilla or possibly Sam Dalembert to add another big body to bang in the paint. Even if there isn't, we can still use our 1st round pick to draft a big on Mozgov's level at a third of the cost salary wise, losing him will not be the end of the world in any way, shape or form. We could probably pick up some serviceable players by culling the D-Leagues, guys like Sean Williams, Patrick Ewing Jr or Jeff Adrien for example.

We're going to have to agree to disagree because nothing you've said makes sense to me from a +/- standpoint for Mozgov. Not to mention the overall +/- on this deal for a player who would be a free agent next year.
:barf:

But you know that saying a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Thats how it is with non injured bigs who can play. The knicks have a history of getting worthless bigs. Right now we got one who is a starter quality player who is playing hard for us. We can go through a ten name list of Bigs who have not played well for us. For all we know we may have to go through another list of 10 crappy bigs before we find another one.

Lastly if you look into the draft its really unlikely we'll get one this year. The two european players who are nice will probably go top 10 and we're gonna be in the 20's. and for all we know we may have to draft a damn PG to be a stop gap/ future PG depending on all the other factors the team is going to be in.

skisloper

Starter
He also said the reason this hasn't gone down is because now the Knicks dont wana give up Mozgov. SMH

Now we will OK Mozgov in the trade and Denver will ask for something else...

Whats scares me is with Dolan/Isiah we are gearing up for an Isiah type deal.

As much as I want Carmelo at some point we have to say enough is enough...

Carmelo is NOT Lebron or Kobe.

If Denver says ok now we want Fields, if im Walsh I say you can eat shit and hang up the phone.

skisloper

Starter
If Denver says ok now we want Fields, if im Walsh I say you can eat shit and hang up the phone.

But its not Walsh calling the shots......Now its Dolan's ego . As much as I do not like the way Denver has handled this they are playing on Dolan " The Moron's" strings and thats not hard to do.

Once Dolan agrees to give up everything and we read that Walsh did not agree will only lead to one thing and thats ISIAH.

this sucks

tiger0330

Legend

Co-sign if they want the Gov ask them to throw in Nene. I am sure Dolan is on the phone right now asking Zeke, what do u think.

Wargames

Starter
He also said the reason this hasn't gone down is because now the Knicks dont wana give up Mozgov. SMH

We should also push for them to take Azzy for Chandler since he will be able help us this year in the playoffs and he is more money off their books. Honestly though I think the deal is done and right now the knicks are trying to make it seem they took a hard line when honestly we gave more than we should have and only exacerbated the problem we knew we had at PG. Was it worth it to get Melo we'll have to see how the team plays in the playoffs this year.

la2ny

Starter
This is where you realize you don't have to go any further with the current deal.

And would some of you guys plz stop looking at this deal for this year! This is about multiple years after this one of competing at a high level. Amar'e is 28! We have atleast a 4-5 year window of him being relatively healthy. Boston will be replaced by us in the top 4 hopefully next year or the following.

Wargames

Starter
This is where you realize you don't have to go any further with the current deal.

And would some of you guys plz stop looking at this deal for this year! This is about multiple years after this one of competing at a high level. Amar'e is 28! We have atleast a 4-5 year window of him being relatively healthy. Boston will be replaced by us in the top 4 hopefully next year or the following.

you know the hawks compete on a high level every year. :afro:

la2ny

Starter
you know the hawks compete on a high level every year. :afro:
SMH we are nowhere near the Hawks bro. Dude this why I said after "This" year. Idk why everyone thinks we can't improve beyond this year. Were not looking at this for now this is a next year to beyond type move. I never said to trade Moagov and Fields and everyone, I said to leave the deal where it is and 9x out of 10 they aren't going to keep begging for more because they wont have a choice.

Fuck at this point i'm ready to say Fuck melo.....say what you want about melo but this whole process has made me not want him. we're tearing apart our whole team for one guy who plays no D. He's not going to guard Lebron:boohoo:all the people crying saying we must get melo probably haven't even watched one knicks game in the past ten years but as soon as we get amare and string together a few wins they wanna update their facebook wit GO KNICKS!!! and break out their dusty ass John Starks jersey. FUCK THAT and while we're at it Fuck Dolan and Zeke. We're not winning shit this year anyway. Any true knick fan will tell you that having the knicks be even somewhat relevant has been a victory in itself. KEEP GALLO, FIELDS, CHANDLER, FELTON AND MOZGOV AND LET MELO GO TO BROOKLYN WITH JAY Z PROKY AND THEIR 20 FANS.....:gony::gony::gony:

skisloper

Starter
Yeah I saw that. but cant the Knicks just buy Another pick? Or have Walsh give Kahn a call and ak him to throw in an extra pick for Walker or Mason or something?

If I am Denver I keep asking for more and more.......Isiah Dolan is worst negotiator.....

Remember when he took Balkman.....Pheonix stayed they might take him and Isiah picked him when he could have waited for the 2nd round to pick him or even let him be a walk on......

Isiah and Dolan have such big EGO'S that this deal can ruin us......

we are in such a sweet position right now......PLEASE LETS NOT **** IT UP

STAT1

Starter
David Lee wasn't given a third place vote for defensive player of the year for nothing.I'd take the little bit of defense that he plays and his rebounding ingenuity over Carmelo's one dimensional scoring.

He is an elite rebounder no doubt, which is what earned him that distinction, but as far as his recognition on defensive rotations and help defense, his ability to guard players in the low post and man-to-man, he is 1 of the poorest defensive players the Knicks have had in a long time in my humble opinion. I have rarely seen a guy stand in the paint and allow as many clear lanes to the basket as I've seen David Lee allow in the years he was wearing a Knicks uniform. His jazz hands distinction is well earned.

As for Carmelo, I don't agree about his 1 dimensional scoring. He can score in a variety of ways, there's no 1 weakness in his offensive game. That to me represents a multi-faceted offensive player. It's not like he's only a 1 trick pony, he can beat you posting up, on the break, on the perimeter with his shooting, or off the dribble drive. I don't think you can find another NBA player with a more varied offensive skillset as Carmelo possesses to tell you the truth. Add to that the fact he's an excellent rebounder and gets to the free throw line at will, he's a major weapon to have.

skisloper

Starter
**** at this point i'm ready to say **** melo.....say what you want about melo but this whole process has made me not want him. we're tearing apart our whole team for one guy who plays no D. He's not going to guard Lebron:boohoo:all the people crying saying we must get melo probably haven't even watched one knicks game in the past ten years but as soon as we get amare and string together a few wins they wanna update their facebook wit GO KNICKS!!! and break out their dusty ass John Starks jersey. **** THAT and while we're at it **** Dolan and Zeke. We're not winning shit this year anyway. Any true knick fan will tell you that having the knicks be even somewhat relevant has been a victory in itself. KEEP GALLO, FIELDS, CHANDLER, FELTON AND MOZGOV AND LET MELO GO TO BROOKLYN WITH JAY Z PROKY AND THEIR 20 FANS.....:gony::gony::gony:

amen.....if Melo has not been clear with Denver its the Knicks or nothing then the hell with him......if we gut our team we are not better off then we were.....we need assets!!!!!!! we need to build!!!!!!!

Hayato

Benchwarmer
the reason you people are so fed up with melo and this melo situation is that you sit online all day and you get tired of the thousands of "rumors" and "sources" contradicting themselves. give it a rest, and wake up on the 24th

that being said, id much rather give up gallo than fields

skisloper

Starter
the reason you people are so fed up with melo and this melo situation is that you sit online all day and you get tired of the thousands of "rumors" and "sources" contradicting themselves. give it a rest, and wake up on the 24th

that being said, id much rather give up gallo than fields

Thanks Mommy