Ray Felton is the NBA's worst PG Pt. lll

skisloper

Starter
Crazy⑧s;282941 said:

Woodson was quoted that he needs to figure out how to raymond felton going again.........How f-in demented,,,,,,,,
How can we ever get better with Woodson not realizing when something is broken its broken. Felton plays 34 minutes a game.......I mean WTF..........Play Pablo and Play Urich......Felton cannot defend !!!!!!!!!
Let Felton play 22 minutes off the bench...............Woodson makes me sick.....Yes we do not have the best players but either do the bucks and look what they did to us.......when will this coach wake up........

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton really does suck and there's not much that we can do or say about it at this point...they need a new PG and they need one badly. I knew when they signed him that it was going to be a big mistake.

And in the meantime, J-Lin, who Dolan was too damn cheap to pay, has worked himself into a pretty comfortable role and putting up pretty respectable numbers despite not being the primary ballhandler on his team...

Then again, Dolan brought back Steve Mills whose most well-known move was hiring Isiah so we're all screwed

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Sadly the team can only play good when Felton plays good but look at where that has gotten us.
Felton is too mediocre. This league is full of top tier point guards. Felton's times are done as a starting PG.
He has some good games like the 14 assist game against Miami but he's playing way to many minutes and would do much better against second units.

Pablo should start.
Pablo, Udrih, Murray > Felton

Felton and Stat could do damage off the bench with the pick and roll. Stat still got the juice offensively.

Kiyaman

Legend
I cant blame just Felton for the LOSS vs the Bucks, when our defense let the Bucks score at will, plus we let Portland get 2nd chance shots throughout 48 minutes of the game.
Our poor-poor defense in the first quarter gave the Bucks team confidence of a win in the first-half of the game.

I blame our entire coaching-staff for all Felton's blunders .. It was seen last season that Felton is a 20 minute backup PG.
Felton as a starter needed Prigioni in the starter lineup too. Felton as a closer needed Jason Kidd in the closing lineup too.

After Felton's one season with Portland, the west-coast guards marked Feltons performance as non-competitive after 20 minutes of playingtime.
The Knicks signing PG-Felton after he took a .600 winning Portland team to the level of being a .400 losing Portland team should've been a RED-FLAG situation for Knicks-fans. But all of the Melo-Fans promoted the signing of Felton, saying Felton is more experience than Jeremy Lin. Which was a lie, when Jeremy Lin skills/talent/decision-making/and B.Ball IQ happen to be a super-star when compared to Felton's experience.
And the (Carmelo Anthony) Knicks never had any intentions on resigning Jeremy Lin who became a NY MSG Fan Favorite over night to ISO-Melo & Amare by 70% to 30% .. The Knicks allowed Houston Rockets to raise their first offer to Jeremy Lin which is illegal when the home-team have the right to match the first offer UFA. So ISO-Melo did not want an uptempo running PG-Lin in a Knicks uniform.
Did the Knicks really pursue Steve Nash in the 2012 offseason, who wouldve favored Amare at PF, then Melo???

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Felton ranks 58th in PER among all PG's. And he says he could care less about what people think about his play.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
What we see in this video is a clear indication that Felton has been struggling offensively. I don't think his struggles are an indication of his lack of ability. He's going through a slump, it happens. My issue with Felton is that he's not very efficient. Assists are ****, and he does way too much shooting and scoring. I'm a traditionalist. I'd much rather have a John Stockton floor general than a high scoring or in the case of Felton high shooting PG.

Pablo is decent but lets be honest, he only looks good as an alternative to the struggling Felton. There's no way ether of these guys would start on a good NBA team. No, I'm afraid removing Felton from the line up wont solve the Knicks problems. Right now there are only 2 guards averaging 9+ assists per game and that's Chris Paul and Steph Curry, both way out of the Knicks reach. There may be a good chance of us landing Rubio in 2015 if Love bolts for Laker land.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Its sad that the win-now mode resulted in only 1 good year. May be the worst series of moves and decisions by an NBA team in the 2nd decade of this century. What happens next ? Over the course of 3-5 years? Based on how many people talents have since been locked into long-term contracts.

Wargames

Starter
Its sad that the win-now mode resulted in only 1 good year. May be the worst series of moves and decisions by an NBA team in the 2nd decade of this century. What happens next ? Over the course of 3-5 years? Based on how many people talents have since been locked into long-term contracts.

one more season after this and even if they Kobe Max melo they will only have 35 million on the cap. A lot of marquee talent in that FA as well.

I'll say it again Bargnani's strength isn't that he is a good player..... its that he is an expiring in 2 seasons.

KingCharles34

All Star
Cupcake Felton's recycle bin status as far as his career as a starter goes. He'd be a nice backup, it's not his fault that hes the starting point guard of our team. Our management is weak and incompetent. At the end of the day i cant blame any of the players from the last 10 to 13 years. It starts with Dolan

smokes

Huge Member
one more season after this and even if they Kobe Max melo they will only have 35 million on the cap. A lot of marquee talent in that FA as well.

I'll say it again Bargnani's strength isn't that he is a good player..... its that he is an expiring in 2 seasons.

"Only 35 million" of a cap that is less than $60 million. And your calculations are wrong, we would have $38 million tied up (Melo, THJr, Pablo, Felton, JR). $20m to build a team with two starting positions filled... Good luck with that.

CoolClyde

"Only 35 million" of a cap that is less than $60 million. And your calculations are wrong, we would have $38 million tied up (Melo, THJr, Pablo, Felton, JR). $20m to build a team with two starting positions filled... Good luck with that.

Smokes, you should consider starting a thread dedicated to NBA basics, ala cap space, amnesty rules, etc.
it's great how you correct posters with facts and figures...