Knicks @ Magic 3-23-11 Please God

la2ny

Starter
Yea Im proud they are trying. I'd rather D12 get points instead of doubling off shooters like we did when hedo had landry on him.

Oh yeah baby! Smooth operation lol just convinced my wife & the family to watch the movies inside the bed room & leave me the living room for the game. lol didn't think it would be that easy.

Ight, so I see the score & games now but can someone give me like 5 details to recap the game up until this point? Thnx in advance

smokes

Huge Member
Oh yeah baby! Smooth operation lol just convinced my wife & the family to watch the movies inside the bed room & leave me the living room for the game. lol didn't think it would be that easy.

Ight, so I see the score & games now but can someone give me like 5 details to recap the game up until this point? Thnx in advance

Billups and Douglas have been hitting from downtown. So has Nelson.

Knicks defense has been good apart from on Dwight but we don't have anyone that can defend him anyway.

Melo playing good and distributing, ball movement has been good all round.

Basically good game for the Knicks right now, Magic playing fairly well at both ends too so this is a good game for us if we win :)

TakMan

Rotation player
Well Orlando started strong and the Knicks slow as usual. Some bad shot selections from Billups especially. Tide shifted when mason came on with Douglas and they both hit a couple of three's each. Since then Billups and Anthony have picked up and our offence is flowing. Unfortunately we're playing one of the better offensive teams in the NBA so they keep scoring as well. Defence has been really good considering the opposition but I'm staying on the fence until the game is over. Knicks seem to save the worst for last these days.

Thnx smokes. Hope to have a strong showing during the 2nd half because the 76ers won tonight. They beat Atlanta though which is good if the Knicks plan on getting hot for the 5th seed. I'd much rather play the Magic before CHI, MIA & BOS. The Magic are very, very good but the Celtics & Bulls are on the verge of being great & the Heat have crazy playoff potential with Wade & LeBron followed by Bosh.

I understand the C position is our weakest position but give me Orlando & let me worry about trying to stop 1 man which will end up beating the entire Orlando team. Plus... Dwight can get into foul trouble & miss 20 free throws out of 35 attempts some nights. In close games, foul shooting & Dwight missing could become their worst nightmare.

la2ny

Starter
Thnx smokes. Hope to have a strong showing during the 2nd half because the 76ers won tonight. They beat Atlanta though which is good if the Knicks plan on getting hot for the 5th seed. I'd much rather play the Magic before CHI, MIA & BOS. The Magic are very, very good but the Celtics & Bulls are on the verge of being great & the Heat have crazy playoff potential with Wade & LeBron followed by Bosh.

I understand the C position is our weakest position but give me Orlando & let me worry about trying to stop 1 man which will end up beating the entire Orlando team. Plus... Dwight can get into foul trouble & miss 20 free throws out of 35 attempts some nights. In close games, foul shooting & Dwight missing could become their worst nightmare.
Were not getting 5th. That boat sailed weeks ago. I'd still rather play The Bulls or Heat which we will play anyway.

Thnx TakMan. How did guys like JJ & Turiaf look during the 1st half on defense? Judge them while keeping note that they were going against the best C in the league though.

smokes

Huge Member

Well to get the 5th seed we'd have to go like 8 of 10 and Atlanta go 3 of 10 just to be tied with them. I can't really see that happening to be honest :p

We should fight for that 6th seed though. Though I dunno Miami or Boston series would be great rivalry I just think playing Lebron, Bosh will spur Melo and Amare into playing great 2 way ball and we have a better scoring SF, better scoring PF, better PG all round... And their bigs suck too...

Knicks vs Miami is like Amare + Melo + Everyone vs Lebron + Bosh + Wade... Since no one else on Miami has really done anything all season.

smokes

Huge Member
Were not getting 5th. That boat sailed weeks ago. I'd still rather play The Bulls or Heat which we will play anyway.

And dude Bulls are 1st seed right now, Celtics in a close one on the road in Memphis. Rose is riding the MVP wave into the end of the season and I think Bulls have the best shot at keeping the 1st seed to be honest.

If we win tonight after the ATL loss; how many games would the Hawks be ahead of us? It may be out of reach if it's over 5 games but anything under that is still possible.

la2ny

Starter
And dude Bulls are 1st seed right now, Celtics in a close one on the road in Memphis. Rose is riding the MVP wave into the end of the season and I think Bulls have the best shot at keeping the 1st seed to be honest.
Well we have a chance of losing 7th lol so its possible.

smokes

Huge Member
Well we have a chance of losing 7th lol so its possible.

It's possible but we won't lose 7th. We will finish 6/7 and face the Celtics/Heat I can feel it!

I'm glad I watched this game, after the last few I was too depressed to watch the Pistons game and I was worried about this one but yeah, we looking good right now. Sharing the ball, good D, everyone just pray we keep this up in the 4th!!:crossfingers:

Just not sure why anyone would rather play the Bulls before Orlando. Dwight Howard is great but Noah + Boozer combined would be much tougher to stop down low when compared to Howard & then we have to deal with an MVP in Rose... No thnx.

F-It all though; all we can worry about & focus on are the Knicks. Lets get this game & focus on getting hot from here on out!

KingCharles34

All Star
I think we gotta do whatever it takes to catch Philly, Id feel alot more comfortable with the knicks playin the Heat in the 1st round then i would with Bumston and Chicago

smokes

Huge Member
We should also hope the Bulls take the number 1 spot because then we avoid them in round 2 and they play Atl/Orlando.

We get Heat/Celtics in round 1 and 2 and we have a shot against both teams, albeit a long one.

And that play by stat is great... little things... take the charge dont let orlando take the lead... loving the fundamentals, ball movement and defensive effort this game. Damn if we can do this in the playoffs I'd be hopeful for us.

la2ny

Starter
Just not sure why anyone would rather play the Bulls before Orlando. Dwight Howard is great but Noah + Boozer combined would be much tougher to stop down low when compared to Howard & then we have to deal with an MVP in Rose... No thnx.
See heres the thing, I dont trust us vs. a glut of shooters(if you havent noticed tonight). Second we have no one to stop Howard from just destroying us. Third I believe the Bulls are overachieving. I know some of you may think im crazy, but I believe they are not as good as they may seem.