Trade For 2nd Pick?

TunerAddict

Starter
Whats Conley like? I don't know much about his skills or potential. Do you think there will be a lot of competition for him on the trade market? What do you think it will take?

He has potential.

He was the PG when Ohio State went to the championship game versus Florida and was a lottery pick I believe...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
alright, well I'm saying its not Nate vs Rubio. Its Nate, Chandler, 8th pick, future 1st round pick vs Rubio, whatever we can get for Nate which isn't much.

I was hoping all the Rubio talk would stop after the draft lottery, but I was wrong..

Dude...read my earlier post in this thread.

I don't think we have the pieces to trade up and get Rubio, so therefore I'm done talking about us getting Rubio. I just had to set Kiya and other posters straight for thinking Nate is worthy of being our starting PG and is better than Rubio.

Plus, as I said earlier, we can't trade Nate or Lee in this draft. It's impossible. They're restricted free-agents.

I agree with Tuner on this one. We should trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract. This way we can keep Nate and Lee and still get multiple all-stars in 2010. I want to keep Nate. He serves a very valueable role. Scoring off the bench. Championship teams need that too.

portega1968

El Cacique
Whats Conley like? I don't know much about his skills or potential. Do you think there will be a lot of competition for him on the trade market? What do you think it will take?

Conley wasnt getting minutes until the new coach stepped in.

I had him on my fantasy team the last 3 months of the season and he came through quite well. All-around game, can score.. he was one of the better PGs during the second part of the season.

If you ask me... Id start him over Duhon anyday.

dave2138

Rotation player
Dude...read my earlier post in this thread.

I don't think we have the pieces to trade up and get Rubio, so therefore I'm done talking about us getting Rubio. I just had to set Kiya and other posters straight for thinking Nate is worthy of being our starting PG and is better than Rubio.

Plus, as I said earlier, we can't trade Nate or Lee in this draft. It's impossible. They're restricted free-agents.

I agree with Tuner on this one. We should trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract. This way we can keep Nate and Lee and still get multiple all-stars in 2010. I want to keep Nate. He serves a very valueable role. Scoring off the bench. Championship teams need that too.

Yeah, youre right sorry about that. I see now the only post that actually sided with the Rubio trade was the 1st guy to make the thread. Everyone else after that kind of agreed its either not worth it or not realistic.

pat

Starter
u draft what u lack,

Three words are enough to describe what happens if you draft what you lack: Bowie, Olowokandi, Smith.

Successful teams have always drafted according to talent and that is exactly what Donnie should do. Either that or using the pick to move Curry (which should be hard enough). ;)

ANU

Starter
washington may be shopping their pick(5th) donnie should make a play for that.

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Knicks trade:
Jared Jeffries
M. Sene
J. Crawford
8th pick

Grizz Trade:
Darko(expiring)
M. Conley

love it, but wud the grizzlies give up on conley already? he was the 4TH pick in the oden-durant draft. so basically theyd admit they drafted the wrong guy if they accepted a lesser pick than what they used to draft him

Toons

is the Bo$$
love it, but wud the grizzlies give up on conley already? he was the 4TH pick in the oden-durant draft. so basically theyd admit they drafted the wrong guy if they accepted a lesser pick than what they used to draft him

good point....we have the 8th pick

unless we can trade up to 3-4, and hope for thabeet....trading up talks are useless. at 8th, the best player will be selected. some will like it, some will not....just like danillo....he was slotted for 5-8 in every mock draft out there....curry is slotted on every draft from 6-10....he lead the ncaa in scoring, who said curry does not attack the basket? lets not assume that because he isnt as built that he cant drive. curry has heart, he knows how to win, and will sacrifice for his team. he raised his average assist total by 3 in 2 years...he has a 2.5 steal per game average. first, a gurad that can steal, second, a shotblocker, third, the king

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
8th Pick + David Lee + Cash for 2nd Pick

This would allow us draft ricky rubio!

Would does everyone think?

sorry forgot to say this was a quote from a fox sports article. In reality Id like to have James Harden but as someone said in another thread, our most important thing is to re sign nate and lee. Id like to trade for Camby or even see what we could offer Ron Artest.

TunerAddict

Starter
sorry forgot to say this was a quote from a fox sports article. In reality Id like to have James Harden but as someone said in another thread, our most important thing is to re sign nate and lee. Id like to trade for Camby or even see what we could offer Ron Artest.

I'd love James Harden as well.

GetRealistic

Starter
Knicks trade:
Jared Jeffries
M. Sene
J. Crawford
8th pick

Grizz Trade:
Darko(expiring)
M. Conley

I'd rather it be Curry then Jeffries. But if we don't fall in love with a player at the 8th spot i wouldn't be adversed to that trade. We get Conley who only went to college one year and would be more NBA ready based on playing time in the league and the expiring contract of Darko.

ANU

Starter
I'd rather it be Curry then Jeffries. But if we don't fall in love with a player at the 8th spot i wouldn't be adversed to that trade. We get Conley who only went to college one year and would be more NBA ready based on playing time in the league and the expiring contract of Darko.
and memphis would probably do it. :D put eddy at pf? offensively it could work.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Draft Related Trades

Our only trading chips are Gallinari, Chandler, Lee and Nate. Gallinari is going nowhere, and I hope that is true for Chandler as well.

Because they are restricted free agents, we cannot use Lee or Nate until after the June 25th draft and, therefore, they may not be used to move up in the draft. However, they can be used in sign and trades in early July and could be traded for the "rights' to sign drafted players.

I expect Memphis to take Rubio and keep him. This might make Conley expendable. Memphis was interested in Lee last year. I believe they are under the cap. Would they take Lee in a sign and trade for Conley? Could we throw in Jeffries and his two year contract and take back Milicic's one year contract?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
btw i doubt chris wallace has the balls to do this, but imagine if memphis re-opened talks with the suns to acquire amare. trade gay, conley and milicic for amare. then draft rubio with the 2nd pick. that would levae them a core of amare-mayo-rubio :whatever: if that doesnt make u jizz i dont know wat will lol