Amare organizing team workouts

Amar'e originally planned to bring his teammates together this week for some on-court bonding to go along with whatever L.A. might have to offer off the court. He, Chauncey Billups and Carmelo Anthony were all in on it. Mason, Landry Fields, Andy Rautins, rookies Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrellson, Jerome Jordan and, yes, Jared Jeffries --Fixers, Jared is clearly a "made guy" in the NBA. Knows everyone, knows everything and always taken care of. He even wears the shoes of a made guy: Jordan Brand --were all on the list of players expected to join in. Ronny Turiaf is not expected to be there mainly because he's training with the French team for Eurobasket. There will likely be more players in the group, so don't consider an exclusion from my list to mean an exclusion from the workout." "As of now, the original schedule has been changed, we're told, from mid-July to now August. It's probably best, considering that Amar'e wants to be completely free of any back muscle twinges, Chauncey wants that left knee completely healed and Carmelo can get in some New York time after vacationing in Cabo with his family.
Gotta love the leadership he's shown since coming here.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Amar'e is hell bent on proving he is worth his cheese.

He is doing what a leader should.

Can't wait to see these guys back on the court.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The first step in taking the right direction. Sensational stuff from our leader. I hope there's some YouTube footage and interviews, behind the scenes stuff. I'm suffering from hoop famine.

New New York

Quiet Storm
They should air them on MSG :thumbsup:

You know...... that is a great idea, I mean if they were playing in the Rucker Tourny MSG would not be violating the terms of the lockout to air that....problem is that Dolan would not be looked upon favorably by his peers if he did that! Imagine if he made a new source of profit off his players (even indirectly) during a lockout, small Market Owners would literally hate him!

Maybe HBO or Showtime (who did air an NBA All Star game during the last lockout) would air them regularly and good merge it with the Jets Hard Knocks (being that their lockout will be ending shortly it appears).

why doesn't he hold them in New York instead?

Good Question....Little break from the wives!!!!

Great Job Stat, that's leadership way to show the young guys what professionalism is!!!!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't care if Carmelo's here, I don't care if D12 or CP3 come here, this is AMAR'E's team. Pure and simple. The leadership he has showed in his time in New York has convinced me that this guy is a true franchise player worthy of wearing the orange and blue, we haven't had a guy like this since Patrick Ewing, my goodness.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
STAT is showing great initiative as a leader with this decision. Hopefully, this makes the team into a well-knit group of players with tremendous chemistry.

I guess he really wants to show that he CAN be a leader on a Basketball team, and for that, I adore you STAT. (no homo)

:gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all the more reason to love stat. this dude is worth every dime we pay him. and he's showing to be a true leader and wants to win the chip. his effort will be there on D it was in stretches during the season ( you dont average 2 blocks a game without playing at least some D ).

wish it wouldve been in NY at some indoor facility and make it open to fans to go watch. like at st,johns or something.

either way this is very positive news and i cant wait for this season to begin--schedules out tomorrow cant wait to see it

all the more reason to love stat. this dude is worth every dime we pay him. and he's showing to be a true leader and wants to win the chip. his effort will be there on D it was in stretches during the season ( you dont average 2 blocks a game without playing at least some D ).

wish it wouldve been in NY at some indoor facility and make it open to fans to go watch. like at st,johns or something.

either way this is very positive news and i cant wait for this season to begin--schedules out tomorrow cant wait to see it

I bet word on the court during these workouts is: "Ok fellas, let's have some fun. No defense, no defense! Just like when we're working out with the coaching staff in New York." :smokin:

Doubt they'll be doing any serious bballing. But getting together with the core guys to talk about their strengths and weaknesses is a sign of wanting to be a champion. I don't know how they will be able to do this with the whole team because a great deal of them might not be here when the season starts. Just as long as STAT and Mello can form a union and gain some familiarity with each other is a good starting point. If they can just get use to each others tendencies we will be in good shape. The rest (who ever they may be) will fall in line and play their parts...