Believe it or not Tony Douglas XFACTOR

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Lmao.

Most Heat fans I know are bitches. I have a cousin in Ft. Lauderdale that is a Heat fan and he was cheering Rose and Noah when they got hurt, real classy.

As long as you can talk knowledgable basketball and not be a massive homer, you're okay in my book. Most fans of other teams that we've had here were idiots.
Most heat fans are bitches must agree. And that person who was really cheering Rose when he got injured is a d-bag. I would never do that. But there are classless fans of each team. There is a poster on here who actually wished Wade got injured...smh

Kiyaman

Legend
The question we all been asking ourselves

Can someone explain what happened to TD?
Last year - he was a starter!!!!!!

This year it sounds like Woodson would rather have 4 players on the court than use TD.

Did he not recover from his injury well? Very bizarre.

We added Carmelo Anthony into our offense for 40 minutes per game!

Without Melo running the offense for 40 minutes....Stat is a 20-10 player, TD is a solid defensive backup PG, who offense skills thrives on 2 or 3 players touches before shooting the ball.
Melo is not....Kobe/Lebron/D.Wade/Dirk/or Durant who master ISO plays.
The Knicks went on a 10-3 run without Carmelo Anthony antics in the rotation.

Real Talk....Im not a Melo-Hater but Melo is a high scorer, not a super-star player...
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;234981 said:
We've seen Douglas blow up before, but what rust shaking PT has he had of late?

Questionable handle, zero court vision, C grade defense worsened by 9/10ths of a season's (albeit shortened) inexperience, and lastly..........offensively one dimensional.

We've seen what the Heat do to one dimensional players, Novak being the example.

Apologies for the pessimism, but seriously, Douglas is rotten. Extending his contract was a bad call.

Crazy....playing one dimensional players to their talents has WON so many teams Championships. u can start with the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, and lastseason Championship Mavs having (one-dimensional) defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.

I wouldnt consider Toney Douglas offense/defense one dimensional b/c his PG skills is not up to par to please shoot-first Stat, or shoot-first Melo....Stat wasnt pleased when Shaq/Tyson became his teammate, Melo wasnt please when Iverson/Billups became his teammate.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy....playing one dimensional players to their talents has WON so many teams Championships. u can start with the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, and lastseason Championship Mavs having (one-dimensional) defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.

Tyson and Douglas shouldn't be considered in the same breath when talking dimensions. That's not a worthy comparison at all.

You say one dimensional players from the teams you named, for e.g.. AC Green, Ed Pinckney, The Worm, Bruce Bowen and so forth, can all claim the one disparity between themselves and Toney Douglas:

They were good basketball players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tony Douglas = not a factor. Guy's probably more out of rhythm than lin.

:agreed:
This is the playoff....its to late to get familiar with teammates without making several mistakes that will cost the game.
Rather than play Lin 40 minutes per game, we couldve shared the 48 minutes between Lin/Davis/TD when we had schedules of 5 games in 7 days, or 7 games in 10 days...

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;235016 said:
Tyson and Douglas shouldn't be considered in the same breath when talking dimensions. That's not a worthy comparison at all.

You say one dimensional players from the teams you named, for e.g.. AC Green, Ed Pinckney, The Worm, Bruce Bowen and so forth, can all claim the one disparity between themselves and Toney Douglas:

They were good basketball players.

u forgot so many other one-dimensional players Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Ainge, Fox, Parrish, Fisher, plus do u remember the names of the PG in MJ first 3 championships?

When we drafted Bill Cartwright, he gave us a 20-10 performance each season since his rookie year.....when we traded Cartwright to the Chicago Bulls headcoach Phil Jackson made Cartwright into a one-dimensional player to win 3 championships. Coach Jax also made Paxon and Steve Kerr into one dimensional players.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Slow-down and get off TD jock
The Heats beat us by 33 points in game-1, who was the Heats X-factor in that game???

Toney douglas

38 Games played

mins played 17.3

FG% 32%

3point % 23%

6 ppg

NUFF SAID

Toney Douglas aint been right ever since the shoulder injury and i don't expect him to MAGICALLY be a "x-factor" i expect him to be a role player and do his job getting the ball to our players at the right moments... he may be some what of a factor on the defensive end but that's about it..Landry Fields is more capable of running the point than Toney Douglas... There is a reason he's been routing on the bench.. it's not because woody has some kind of beef with him and it sure hell ain't because he's our secret X- factor for the heat.

If Baron was here no way TD even sniffs the court, now he's suppose to be the x=factor :teeth:

The x-Factor in this series is AMARE STOUDEMIRE and was always AMARE STOUDEMIRE . If Amare cant produce like he did last game we are toast & this series is fanito..and thats the way the cookie crumbles you can call TD a x-factor if you want...thats your opinion... i just never new Toney douglas all of a sudden was the guy on the knicks that determines the outcomes of a game. JR smith has a better chance of being the X-factor IMO, another crappy game by him.. our chances will be slim, espcially if STAT cant get it going .

Last edited:

platnumn

Benchwarmer
NO NO NO

DWTDDWDS

Do what Toney Douglas Do Won't Do ****.

...hope he proves me wrong, but come on.... This is the epitome of a delusioned fan. Even if he did have a big game, to say you expected it is just wrong...and dumb. Dumb wrong.

KingCharles34

All Star
Even if i could afford im still not buying it....

We dont believe u, u need more people

Play JR Smith at point, Douglast should get zero minutes

Red

TYPE-A
I got a sneaky suspicion that TD steps up big time the rest of the series. He'll be left open and knock down his shots at a good clip. He'll be something that the Heat will have to worry about. Which will let us sneak by with a 7 game series win. You heard it here first...

This seems more like wishful thinking.

Considering the observation made when TD was allowed more minutes; he neglected to improve his decision making; he neglected to improve his dribble-drive and finish at the rim where he has repeatedly force-flopped himself to the floor with little to no contact.

This, to the untrained eye seems like "drawing a foul", but in reality he does it to distract from the fact he cannot finish in traffic.

I attribute this continuation (and my next point) to being trained (or not properly) in the unorthodox former coach way.

TD seemed fine for our former coach when he had the green light to chuck. When he was asked to facilitate and decide quickly, to get guys involved or take matters into his own hands... he failed.

My second point and reason for TD failure is his inability to learn and understand what exactly a PG does. A PG knows that guy's want the ball in a position to catch and shoot or tripple-threat in rythem. All PG's know this as well as to accomplish these passes WHILE NOT STARRING DIRECTLY AT THEIR TEAMMATE, or after picking up their dribble...

TD has yet (and its been years now) to demonstrate his acquiescense to the nuances of a true PG. He is stuck in tweener mode where he was conditioned to be by you-know-who.

All TD can be counted on doing is hopefully locking down on D. And again, to the untrained eye he does, until you consider he can't properly get around screens, he fouls too much when unecessary, and he doesn't stop the ball.

Really Bibby is our best hope and he's semi-fragile/over-the-hill.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
u forgot so many other one-dimensional players Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Ainge, Fox, Parrish, Fisher, plus do u remember the names of the PG in MJ first 3 championships?

When we drafted Bill Cartwright, he gave us a 20-10 performance each season since his rookie year.....when we traded Cartwright to the Chicago Bulls headcoach Phil Jackson made Cartwright into a one-dimensional player to win 3 championships. Coach Jax also made Paxon and Steve Kerr into one dimensional players.

Kiyaman....you're losing yourself.....

Yes I know the name of the PGs in Jordan's first 3 wins, and yes I can reel off a lot of names from those teams you mentioned.

I'm talking about Toney Douglas. You're tripping.