Game thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers 1/23/2022 1:00pm [Game #46]

Post-game quote from RJ Barrett:
?I don?t feel like I?ve done anything so far?.

This team gets it. It?s the fanbase that doesn?t get it.

mafra

Legend
I love when they asked RJ about being a leader and he said go ask LeBron and named other top stars.

Knicks led wire to wire.

Something worth following is that MRob sprained his ankle today. Our rotation of MRob and Noel can be a huge strength. Without MRob, Taj will have to continue to play big minutes, not something that we want him to do for multiple games.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Game was to early for me, after having a splendid Saturday evening chillin.
To early for me, and to early for ...........

The Perry/Thibs show at MSG
40 min from Randle gave us` 8-15 FG shooting for 24 pts
43 min from Barrett gave us 9-24 FG shooting for 28 pts

Kiyaman

Legend

Great response by Barrett ..
It's more from Knicks opponents on the court than from the fanbase

mafra

Legend
?I don?t feel like I?ve done anything so far, that?s my mindset,? he responded. ?I?m always hungry. I?m hungry for more. I want more, for the team but for myself as well. I think if I continue to be aggressive ? anything?s possible. I want to continue to be able to make plays like I did today, score and defend and rebound, really do it all out there on the court for the team and kinda be the guy that does whatever the team needs.?

How do you know they didn?t hold their heads down and walk off the floor? You didn?t watch the game.
Correct, That is the reason I started my post with that statement.
Question to you is did they?

Two Things:
1. RJ is a 100% correct "I don't feel like I've done anything so far". He hasn't!!
2. RJ, the fanbase is waking up and they are getting it.

Kiyaman

Legend
LAC a playoff team, right now, and would qualify for the bubble in either conference. They entered the game 10-4 vs EC teams.

Knicks shouldn?t take any team for granted, and with a brutal 3 game tour of top EC teams, after dropping first 3 of the 4 game homestand, this was a Must-Have contest.

Thanks for the in-depth ANALysis!

I caught the 4;30 game on free NBA League ....
The Clippers performance looked like the 2012-17 Detroit Pistons having Drummond (Zubac) & Reggie Jackson LOL
Nice afternoon Knicks Win !!!

Our next 3 games are on the road .. And 2 home games
1) Cavs (28-19) BigMan rotation?
2) Heats (30-17) Top winning team in the East rotation?
3) Bucks (30-19) Championship contenders rotation?
Kings (18-30) A Feb deadline rotation?
Grizzlies (32-17) I want 2nd row seats at MSG for this Game?

How many Knicks wins in the next 5 games ???

Two Things:
1. RJ is a 100% correct "I don't feel like I've done anything so far". He hasn't!!

The team was all business today. I think they understood the situation and the last thing they were going to do was overcelebrate.

mafra

Legend
I think 2-3 is almost wishful thinking. But, we shall see. Let?s start with being competitive in CLE.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer

Two Things:

RJ is 21 and I know you make light of that but what a humble mature answer by the kid......that shows mental growth as well......

Dark just be honest as some of us will be when its time to admit if RJ is a bust or not.

RJ is 21 and I know you make light of that but what a humble mature answer by the kid......that shows mental growth as well......

Dark just be honest as some of us will be when its time to admit if RJ is a bust or not.

"Humble mature answer"... How about it the only answer that should have been given be it mature or immature. That shows he know the position he's been put in and that good. 21 means a grown man and the harsh realities of life. Maybe he sees what he gotten himself into.

I have been brutally HONEST!! This is about the overall well-being of the Knicks not a player. We overspend for an average player at BEST.
Ski, did your mother ever send you to the store and told you what to buy?? What happen if you overspend her money? And bought back lesser product than what she wanted. She wanted her change back.

Ski, the Knicks went to the draft with a #3 overall pick and came back with an (again) average player at best. Ski, I want my Damn Change Back!! Please don't give me any excuses (not You) ... Give me my Change Back, PERIOD!!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
"Humble mature answer"... How about it the only answer that should have been given be it mature or immature. That shows he know the position he's been put in and that good. 21 means a grown man and the harsh realities of life. Maybe he sees what he gotten himself into.

I have been brutally HONEST!! This is about the overall well-being of the Knicks not a player. We overspend for an average player at BEST.
Ski, did your mother ever send you to the store and told you what to buy?? What happen if you overspend her money? And bought back lesser product than what she wanted. She wanted her change back.

Ski, the Knicks went to the draft with a #3 overall pick and came back with an (again) average player at best. Ski, I want my Damn Change Back!! Please don't give me any excuses (not You) ... Give me my Change Back, PERIOD!!

But the draft is over.............so now we can only wait and see.....the only difference we have is that you made your mind up.......My decision is still a year away of what he can be and not what he is now.

The team was all business today. I think they understood the situation and the last thing they were going to do was overcelebrate.

So I take it from your reply is that they did celerbrate but not overcelebrate... correct.

Again, I said to measure your victory or win.
There an say by Barry Sander that his father told him about scoring a TD. His father told him to hand the ball to ref. not to celebrate... The reason was to show fans that you have scored a TD before and there no need to celebrate.

Knowing how to measure your victory or win say's a lot about the team and there growth.

But the draft is over.............so now we can only wait and see.....the only difference we have is that you made your mind up.......My decision is still a year away of what he can be and not what he is now.

That is your view and I respect that!!
The wait was over the moment we draft him.
Well, when was I supposed to make up my mind? I know when I'm being short changed maybe you don't.
See it always a year away. From day one it was wait until he is 21 or 25. Well that good for you guys but I'm in the same boat with you and that doesn't fly with me.
If you can't see what you have by now it will always be a year away or more. The dye is cast and should know what you have. I already know.

What is the very best you see?? If you see more than average at best, then tell me where that extra talent is coming from?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
That is your view and I respect that!!
The wait was over the moment we draft him.
Well, when was I supposed to make up my mind? I know when I'm being short changed maybe you don't.
See it always a year away. From day one it was wait until he is 21 or 25. Well that good for you guys but I'm in the same boat with you and that doesn't fly with me.
If you can't see what you have by now it will always be a year away or more. The dye is cast and should know what you have. I already know.

What is the very best you see?? If you see more than average at best, then tell me where that extra talent is coming from?

Give me a real PG and a real offensive scheme......If RJ does not become better than I will agree with you.
A ream mentor who can run the team. The knicks have lacked a veteran team leader for countless years.
Do I see RJ as that leader the answer is NO not now he's too passive in his personality.
Do I seem as a player who can mature and become a 2nd or a 3rd player on a great team yes.
sadly we will never se this as Knicks fans becomes all we seem to do is mish mash players together year after year.
to me every knicks is tradable

mafra

Legend
These same cats said RJ couldn?t play or shoot. Now that he has proven them wrong, now they adjust and say he won?t be great. Heck, some said D-Dot was the better player.

Who cares what others think?? Especially those proven wrong already many times?

Time will tell.

Kiyaman

Legend
These same cats said RJ couldn?t play or shoot. Now that he has proven them wrong, now they adjust and say he won?t be great. Heck, some said D-Dot was the better player.

Who cares what others think?? Especially those proven wrong already many times?

Time will tell.

I been reading from a lot of forums where fans are saying, "The Knicks only need Zion" after we traded for Cam.
Truth be said .. Zion RJ and Cam performance combine are not half of the performance super-star Ja Morrant gives the Memphis Grizz.

RJ Barrett & Cam Reddish plays the same position, plus their talent are equal, and inconsistent, one is better than the other on offense/defense.

Give me a real PG and a real offensive scheme......If RJ does not become better than I will agree with you.
A ream mentor who can run the team. The knicks have lacked a veteran team leader for countless years.
Do I see RJ as that leader the answer is NO not now he's too passive in his personality.
Do I seem as a player who can mature and become a 2nd or a 3rd player on a great team yes.
sadly we will never se this as Knicks fans becomes all we seem to do is mish mash players together year after year.
to me every knicks is tradable

Always GIVE, GIVE, GIVE... how about earning something for a change!! It a PG today, a offensive scheme tomorrow and on and on. Those things should have been figure out before now... today. They had a real PG in Frank but they wanted to make him out of a SG. "If RJ doesn't become better" How much more do you need to prove you been short changed. You don't wait for the produce you purchased to become worth want you paid for it.
Asking for a mentor is an admission of defeat for Perry. It to late for that.
If you don't see a leader then what do you have? The last part of that sentence is telling. You see something that I saw a long time ago and never mention it. Too passive in his personality. You can't make a leader out of that in the NBA.
"Can mature into a 2nd or 3rd on a great team".... then trade him to a Great team because it ain't happening with the Knicks.
I agree with the last part.

mafra

Legend
I been reading from a lot of forums where fans are saying, "The Knicks only need Zion" after we traded for Cam.
Truth be said .. Zion RJ and Cam performance combine are not half of the performance super-star Ja Morrant gives the Memphis Grizz.

RJ Barrett & Cam Reddish plays the same position, plus their talent are equal, and inconsistent, one is better than the other on offense/defense.

I would trade RJ, Zion and Cam straight up for Ja? easily. Word is Ja was the top guy on NYK draft board.