If we can't get Marcus Camby, we should go after K-Mart

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
Source confirms ‪#Knicks‬ are on verge of acquiring Marcus Camby via sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Dan Gadzuric, JJordan.

To confirm, if Camby sign-and-trade does go through, the mini mid-level still goes to Jason Kidd yes

Sweet! Love to have Camby back and ready to slide in for STAT when he begins to pong.

AMAZING NEWS.....

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Similar to my scoop on Ray Allen, please know nothing with Marcus Camby is confirmed yet. More to come!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
A deal for Camby is possible, maybe even probable "in next 24 hours." Rockets would get back pieces, but won't be for all 4 Knicks offered.

portega1968

El Cacique
Crazy⑧s;240884 said:
Sweet! Love to have Camby back and ready to slide in for STAT when he begins to pong.

AMAZING NEWS.....

****, cant believe we had to give up Harrelson

oh well, as long as the Cambyman is healthy and terrorizing off the bench, its good to have him on board. not sure how he will fit next to Tyson when subbing for Amare.. I guess we will see a ton of alleyoops next season!!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
maybe MArtin at the min.? who knows that would be another genius signing though, now we can get players to take the min. to be a part of what we have going on. finally relevant

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
maybe MArtin at the min.? who knows that would be another genius signing though, now we can get players to take the min. to be a part of what we have going on. finally relevant

:agreed:..........But how many more players can we take on!?

What a brilliant spot to be in.....

Now I'm HANGING for next season.:peace:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crazy⑧s;240955 said:
:agreed:..........But how many more players can we take on!?

What a brilliant spot to be in.....

Now I'm HANGING for next season.:peace:

i believe with Douglas, Jordan and Harellson gone we have a few roster spots open. and at the vets min. martin is a golden addition.

definitely agree though Crazy we've been through a lot on this site remember the old 08 squad and loooking at it now OWWWWW we sitting pretty.

Oct, cant come soon enough

STAT1

Starter
Awesome that we got Camby back. I wonder if KMart would even consider a veteran's minimum contract to go to war against the stacked Eastern Conference powerhouse teams next year? I know these guys are getting up there in age, but adding guys like Kidd, Camby & KMart would get this team some valuable experience in postseason play who are all proven contributors on winning teams. Probably a pipedream at this point but hey, you never know what these guys are thinking about behind the scenes.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I hope Grunwald has another trick up his sleeve. Even though we need an SG right now, the Knicks' front office should focus on getting K-Mart, IMO. With the recent acquisition of Camby, its clear that our strength is going to be our frontcourt.

Martin is the missing link for the Knicks to truly be versatile enough to handle any kind of team. As Paul 1335 mentioned in another post, Woody can put Camby and TC together for big opposing frontcourts like the Lakers and Grizzlies. When teams decide to put in stretch 4s in like Nowitzki, Bargnani, and Rashard Lewis, that's where Martin comes in. He's mobile enough to guard smaller players, strong enough to push against post-up players, and tall enough to guard some of the smaller centers in the league.

If we somehow get K-Mart, oh boy, the rest of the league better watch out.

tiger0330

Legend
Is it out of the question that we match Toronto for Fields? We only have the BAE and vet min exceptions left to sign players so keeping Landry would be a cap buster but we wouldn't be looking for another wing player if we kept him.

STAT1

Starter
Is it out of the question that we match Toronto for Fields? We only have the BAE and vet min exceptions left to sign players so keeping Landry would be a cap buster but we wouldn't be looking for another wing player if we kept him.

I think James White was signed as that replacement wing player tiger. I don't expect the Knicks to match Landry's offer sheet from the Raptors, that salary is way too high for his production. Plus he regressed pretty badly last season so who knows what you're gonna get out of him this year? He's a hard working kid & I'm sure he'll have a very solid career in Toronto, but right now the Knicks need to be smart about how they utilize their payroll. Getting lowcost reserve options like Kidd, Camby & White helps to keep our luxury tax threshold somewhat more manageable 2 years down the road. Just imagine what adding Landry's poison pill contract year in 2014 would do to our payroll, it isn't a pretty situation to consider. I think White will give us an athletic enough wing player to fill in some minutes off the bench & allow us to run an uptempo style game when Lin is running the offense. When Kidd is running the show we'll probably utilize a more traditional halfcourt set & a lot of pick & rolls with STAT & Tyson with Melo running iso plays & post ups.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I hope Grunwald has another trick up his sleeve. Even though we need an SG right now, the Knicks' front office should focus on getting K-Mart, IMO. With the recent acquisition of Camby, its clear that our strength is going to be our frontcourt.

Martin is the missing link for the Knicks to truly be versatile enough to handle any kind of team. As Paul 1335 mentioned in another post, Woody can put Camby and TC together for big opposing frontcourts like the Lakers and Grizzlies. When teams decide to put in stretch 4s in like Nowitzki, Bargnani, and Rashard Lewis, that's where Martin comes in. He's mobile enough to guard smaller players, strong enough to push against post-up players, and tall enough to guard some of the smaller centers in the league.

If we somehow get K-Mart, oh boy, the rest of the league better watch out.
I think Grunwald has a trick or two left up his sleeve, he is apparently an expert at manipulating the cap. We will match and sign Lin. I would expect us to offer Martin the BAE and offer a S&T of Gadzuric & cash for an SG.

That gives us an offseason grading of A!