Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
Melo: "Stupid Is What Stupid Does"

“For myself, maybe I’m second-guessing myself,” Anthony conceded after practice Monday in Greenburgh. “Maybe I’m a little bit passive out there, trying to do things that (are) out of the norm and trying to make people better at the wrong times.

“That’s where I’m second-guessing myself and I’m second-guessing my shot — and ‘should I take this or should I pass this?’ I’ve got to get out of that mentality quick.”

YIZZIKES!!!!!

And you have the nerve of some fans making excuses for him over the fact....who you need to surround this guy with in order for him to win.

Good Googalie Moogalie is this buffoon a Stupidiot. So in other words he doesn't like thinking the game through this is his cute way of saying he's going to start passing less.

Go Chase shots and Kick Rocks Melo your yrs as a Knick are forgotten memories.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Every time this guy plays lazy and careless there was an ulterior motive in mind.

He was offended at Linsanity steering focus away from him - so he dogged it and got him sent packing.
He hated D'Antoni so he dogged it until he got fired.
He got sick of Novak's popularity and he dogged it then suddenly Novak doesn't play anymore.

He's dogging it clearly this season so far.

So who/what is he trying to get rid of/change?

Is it the Barkley/Kenny comments about him just being a chucker and needing to do more? Are we getting the "want me to pass ok fine I'll pass" Melo who then goes on the stink up the place intentionally as if to say "See, this is what happens when I don't take my 35 shots a game and I am not the celebrity I need to be." ???????

Whatever it is...it shows his true character: ?????

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh lawds.... it's the latter. He's trying to prove a point and trying to doubletalk his way around it. He did this same **** a year ago and then went back to hucking 30 shots a game. He sure is full of himself that's for damn sure.

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Carmelo Anthony's first instinct, especially during crunch time, is to shoot the ball. He said he's not playing instinctively but too passively right now.

For one of the NBA's most aggressive scorers and best closers, this is troublesome. Anthony said it has to change immediately.

In three games, Anthony has scored only 15 fourth-quarter points and hasn't attempted a free throw. He's 7-for-22 in the quarter, including 1-for-5 from three.

"Maybe I'm second-guessing myself," Anthony said after Monday's practice. "Maybe I'm a little bit passive out there, trying to do things that's out of the norm and trying to make people better at the wrong times. That's where I'm second-guessing myself and I'm second-guessing my shot and should I take this or should I pass this. I've got to get out of that mentality quick."

Anthony isn't the reason the Knicks, who host the Bobcats Tuesday, are 1-2. They have been turning the ball over more than last year, and their transition defense, overall effort and shot selection led to them falling behind by 23 in Sunday's loss to Minnesota.

But Anthony, who's shooting 37.7 percent and averaging 21.0 points, was invisible late in each of the Knicks' two defeats.

In the last 4:09 of Thursday's one-point loss in Chicago, Anthony was 0-for-5 and missed the game-winning shot, settling for a long pull-up. Sunday against the Timberwolves, Anthony was scoreless the last 5:54, and was 0-for-3 with a turnover after the Knicks drew within two with 4:49 left.

Anthony wouldn't blame his struggles on playing less basketball this past offseason while rehabbing a torn left labrum and rotator cuff as opposed to last summer when he was on the Olympic team.

"There's no excuses behind that," Anthony said. "I got to get better. I got to do better. I got to put the ball in the hole. That's what I do best and I got to do that. There's no need for me to take that away from myself when I know that I can do that. When I do that, we're a hell of a team."

Mike Woodson defended Anthony and said the offensive woes are a team-wide problem. The Knicks are not sharing or taking care of the ball throughout the game and not just the fourth quarter. But they have committed 14 of their 53 turnovers in the fourth.

"I am not putting it all on Melo," Woodson said. "I think at times he might be trying to make sure everybody is involved and being a part of it and that is OK, too. That is not getting us beat, guys."

"There's no need to panic," Anthony said. "It's three games into the season. We're still trying to figure a lot of things out."

Kiyaman

Legend
Ex-GM Grunwald is a FOOL and gave us a wonderous parting gifts in Bargnani and then extends WOODSON. We are terrible.

MELO. Look objectively we want him to be LeBron, he ISNT LeBron, so when he tries to play like LeBron he is
1) Not playing like LeBron and
2) Not playing like Melo.
Suddenly we got our 30M a year prize playing like Chris Duhon out there.

Melo is probably right that he just needs to be Melo and huck the ball. We're worse when he doesn't because when he doesn't he's an absolute worthless disaster. When he's hucking he's ruining the team chemistry but sometimes he hucks just enough to steal the win. So we're ****ed. Let Melo be Melo and ride the wave of phony fake ass meaningless regular season wins, know the playoffs will boot us, and let the watered down fanbase salivate over regular season standings.

Melo... went back to CHUCKING last night against the Bobcats. End result? Knicks lose. Melo hucked 28 shots. Good for Melo. Knicks lose again.
At the end of the day ..
TREEE in a row

Broadway

All Star
Oh lawds.... it's the latter. He's trying to prove a point and trying to doubletalk his way around it. He did this same **** a year ago and then went back to hucking 30 shots a game. He sure is full of himself that's for damn sure.

"There's no excuses behind that," Anthony said. "I got to get better. I got to do better. I got to put the ball in the hole. That's what I do best and I got to do that. There's no need for me to take that away from myself when I know that I can do that. When I do that, we're a hell of a team."

I "RISKED MY CASE" being wrong with Melo....(that's right I said risked and not rest) and Melo proves me right as I didn't have the full article at hand. I must say it was obviously too easy as I see right through his veneer.

WOW this dude will go down as the most overrated basketball player ever when it's all said and done.

metrocard

Legend
I really don't see Melo as the problem, someone help me out here.

I know we gutted our roster for Melo which leads to the roster we have today but,

He's been playing well for a guy with a messed up arm.

Kiyaman

Legend

I know we gutted our roster for Melo which leads to the roster we have today but,

Metro .... u get no help!
When u look at Melo's 2009-10 season, u will know why Melo DEMANDED to be traded when the Denver Nuggets offered Melo the highest max contract to resign before the CBA.

Melo's 2011-12 season should make every Knicks-fans digusted to have Melo in a Knicks uniform.
A worldwide NBA STAR was born in New York MSG during the 2011-12 season.
Jason Kidd wouldve never left Dallas if he knew the Knicks werent going to resign LinSanity.
There would not be a Knicks 54 win season without Jason Kidd...

Broadway

All Star

Another sneaky on the sly horrific excuse....if his arm is hurting that bad he shouldn't be chucking up shots at an alarming rate. The guy won a scoring title with the same supposed hurt arm everyone gave him at a boys for chasing shots at the time but when the playoffs came round and he got d'd up then those same fans wanted to talk about his injury.

He put up 28shots yesterday not even the most svelte healthy spry of players put up that many shots yet alone an injured one

Are you gonna look yourself in the face and stand by your last sentence? Come leave your emotions(primarily your heart) at the door and use common sense.

This is the same guy who elected not to get his arm fixed and his asking for a historic payday the league has ever seen....so I don't want to hear anything about his arm at all.... not from him, not from you, or anyone else.

Broadway

All Star
Not to mention fans supporting the trade at the time knowing good and well it would deplete our resources going forward and had the nerve to praise Grunwald for moves he was making afterwards when appointed GM.

metrocard

Legend
Not to mention fans supporting the trade at the time knowing good and well it would deplete our resources going forward and had the nerve to praise Grunwald for moves he was making afterwards when appointed GM.

I miss Jason Kidd being an on floor coach and improving our offense and defense without touching the ball. I miss Rasheed communicating on D and from the bench, I miss Kurt Thomas giving it every single ounce of energy he had, I even miss Camby cheering and getting hurt. I miss em all.

Melo should of got his arm fixed but now I guess it's too late.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer

10 for 28 is good? He has a shoot-first, never-pass mentality that just stagnates a team's offense. Not only is his D pretty bad but his offense is actually not GOOD, despite the reputation. YES, he is top 5 SCORER in the league but that doesn't mean his offense is good.

I don't think any players should take more than 25 shots a game...it just makes the offense way too obvious and they just have to focus on that player

bigapple

Starter
I really never fully understand most things that you write but I always like it.

its about about firefox when i am writing something some **** is opening and i really dont know how mine post is ending
so i am reading mine own post days later and i will reedit them but not all :)

but its ok its like Spanish language in Spain and Chile same language but Spanish ppl understand 10% Chile's Spanish :)

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I want to know one thing!! The Knicks fans love to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the games and they have the right to.My question is when are they going to start Booooing just Melo? He has done nothing for this team yet he is getting a free pass by the fans that attend games. He shoots the ball way to much,does'nt hustle,Does'nt doesn't play team ball,defense,never tries to work with other players,Doesn't even know what the word chemistry means and he is the main reason this whole team plays this one on one crap.

If there is one guy that deserves to be Booed its Melo so why aren't they doing it? They should Boo him out of the arena b/c this organization isn't going anywhere as long as melo is on the team. The love fest is over people.. OVER!!!

metrocard

Legend
I want to know one thing!! The Knicks fans love to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the games and they have the right to.My question is when are they going to start Booooing just Melo? He has done nothing for this team yet he is getting a free pass by the fans that attend games. He shoots the ball way to much,does'nt hustle,Does'nt doesn't play team ball,defense,never tries to work with other players,Doesn't even know what the word chemistry means and he is the main reason this whole team plays this one on one crap.

If there is one guy that deserves to be Booed its Melo so why aren't they doing it? They should Boo him out of the arena b/c this organization isn't going anywhere as long as melo is on the team. The love fest is over people.. OVER!!!

Melo actually played good defense. averaging 2 steals a game and he has 8 rebounds to his average. Offensively he needs to get to the free throw line 8 times a game, no less. Right now he's at 5. His shooting is off, but I think he'll pick it up quickly.

Too early to boo Melo who hasn't been horrible. He's not playing like an MVP right now but we know how quickly Melo can turn it on.