2020 NBA Draft thread

tiger0330

Legend
Guys ought to read that draft guide I posted. Interesting personal stuff about the guys in the draft ie everyone knows Cole Anthony’s dad is former Knick Greg Anthony but did you know his step dad is a guy named Ray McGuire the vice Chairman of Citibank and one of the biggest names on Wall St. His mom is Crystal McCrary McGuire a TV producer.

Thanks, tiger.

I can honestly say that I have no good feel for what we are doing tonight. Toppin if he falls to us? Killian Hayes or Vassell otherwise?

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks, tiger.

I can honestly say that I have no good feel for what we are doing tonight. Toppin if he falls to us? Killian Hayes or Vassell otherwise?
That draft guide has Toppin falling to us at 8. Nice write up about him, only thing he’s 22 and I posted an article that said the success rate for 22 year olds in the draft wasn’t great.

Wow, already some action.

Knicks trade picks 27 and 38 to Utah for pick #23. We must have a clear target to give up a 2nd round to move up 4 picks in the mid to late 1st round.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like it?s a trade for trades sack? How unlikely is it out target wouldn?t be there at 27 but will at 23? Unless we are trading back from 8... this is just a useless move, that wasn?t necessary.

mafra

Legend
I prefer TT from Stamford over Cole.

Cavs talking about a rumor where NYK trade 8-23-Knox to move up to 5 for OT.

No!!!!!!!!

mafra

Legend
Sounds like a typical Knicksy thing to do. OT is a CAA client, Repped by Leon Rose?s son, so naturally NYK will package all 3 draft pick to move up 3 spots to grab Eddy Curry 2.0.

ESPN

Dayton's Obi Toppin was the best player in college basketball last season, with an offensive game built for the modern NBA. He's a ferocious dunker, the son of a New York streetball legend known as "Dunkers Delight." He's an effortless floor spacer and a career 41.7% 3-point shooter. He's an outstanding passer and an efficient scorer, posting a 69.4 true shooting percentage over the course of 64 college games. And he plays with a joy and charisma that appeals to basketball fans everywhere.

In a class with so much uncertainty, why isn't Toppin a candidate for the top pick in the 2020 draft? For starters, 22-year-olds drafted in the top 10 don't have the strongest track record. Outside of Damian Lillard in 2012.

?-//

You only make this deal if you trade Randle. Otherwise, this makes little sense.

I believe he has a limited ceiling, but will make NY and Rose look good bc he be a ROY candidate... he fits the roster timeline but I prefer to diversify risk with multiple assets (Vassell and TT).

But an RJ-Tobin-MItch frontcourt might get us 27 wins.

Last edited:
Woj confirmed that the Knicks traded for that 23 pick to strengthen package to trade up. They do not have a target at 23 that they wouldn?t have gotten at 27.

Is Toppin really the target? I hope not.

tiger0330

Legend
I prefer TT from Stamford over Cole.

Cavs talking about a rumor where NYK trade 8-23-Knox to move up to 5 for OT.

No!!!!!!!!
Post says like you Knicks have interest in TT and no mention of Cole. They weren't able to work him out because of Covid.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm officially OFF the Knicks-Tank. What was the point of throwing away a season to only receive the 8th pick???? I would have love seeing RJ and M-Rob getting busy in the bubble!!! So who is the target if we are successfully able to move up?

Just read a report online that the Knicks are trying to trade up to #5 to get Obi Toppin. Feeling is that Toppin won?t go in 1st 4 picks. Don?t like it.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm officially OFF the Knicks-Tank. What was the point of throwing away a season to only receive the 8th pick???? I would have love seeing RJ and M-Rob getting busy in the bubble!!! So who is the target if we are successfully able to move up?

Like htr10 been saying there's not one star in this draft so I don't see the point of moving up a few spots. I mean Anthony Edwards probably goes number 1 to the TWolves not because he's Zion but because they got their PG and Lemelo ain't Ja.

mafra

Legend
Just read a report online that the Knicks are trying to trade up to #5 to get Obi Toppin. Feeling is that Toppin won?t go in 1st 4 picks. Don?t like it.

When there?s a draft with no real separation between 4-30 picks, naturally NYK be trading multiple picks and assets to try and jump up from 8 to 5 to select a 22 yr-old PF who doesn?t play defense.

Watching predraft show on NBA TV and one analyst said he would take Obi Toppin #1 overall because he is the surest thing and there is no star in this draft.

mafra

Legend
Reading how OT needs a creator to feed him rock and needs to play in spacing.

In other words, OT an awful fit with RJ and MItch to build around.

Analysts saying it is crazy that Wiseman is not considered undisputed #1 pick.

If I?m Knicks and 8, 23, MRob, and a Dallas 1st gets me Wiseman, I probably do it.