A Backup=Mo Williams?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
There are some talks about a sign and trade between the Bucks and the Knicks and Bucks and Indiana. I think Williams is a great backup for the knicks.

"""Miami Herald (registration required): "Williams, 24, remains torn between primary offers from the Heat and Bucks, his agent and relatives said Wednesday. But the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks are believed to have raised their interest in Williams and are attempting to acquire him in sign-and-trade deals.""""

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
There are some talks about a sign and trade between the Bucks and the Knicks and Bucks and Indiana. I think Williams is a great backup for the knicks.

"""Miami Herald (registration required): "Williams, 24, remains torn between primary offers from the Heat and Bucks, his agent and relatives said Wednesday. But the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks are believed to have raised their interest in Williams and are attempting to acquire him in sign-and-trade deals.""""

NO MORE GUARDS... We Have Collins to backup Marbury and if he's still on the team Dickau... Williams maybe better than Collins now but why take on my salary when Collins should be where Williams is in a couple of years.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Why would we need another scoring option? We have enough scoring talent 1 through 5. Our backup PG shoud be someone who continues to get people involved while Stpeh gets his rest. I like Mo but I've seen his game enough to know that he wants to score more than pass.

Thanks but no thanks. He's all yours Indiana.

nyKnicks126

You guys think Mardy Collins is a Back up? more like a choke. Robinson is the only better Backup over Mardy.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You guys think Mardy Collins is a Back up? more like a choke. Robinson is the only better Backup over Mardy.

I disagree man. Mardy really showed some promise towards the end of last season. The last 9 games he started he practically averaged a triple-double. Almost Jason Kidd-like numbers. He gained more confidence the more he played and started hitting his jumpers. I think he now believes that he is worthy of playing in the NBA and will eventually become a good PG. He still has a lot to work on but I wouldn't call him a "choke".

nyKnicks126

I disagree man. Mardy really showed some promise towards the end of last season. The last 9 games he started he practically averaged a triple-double. Almost Jason Kidd-like numbers. He gained more confidence the more he played and started hitting his jumpers. I think he now believes that he is worthy of playing in the NBA and will eventually become a good PG. He still has a lot to work on but I wouldn't call him a "choke".

I think I shouldn't have said that he is a choke my bad, he is poor on the offensive end, and I really can't see him fit here, like Frank Williams did a while back ago. I also think he doesn't play it to heart, like Lee or Balkman. He is a great addition to the team, but if he works harder like Lee or Balkman do, he will be great needs alot of work. I also get what you are saying, I completly really forgot about those last 10-15 games Collins played and was a factor to the team. I guess if a young player get his minutes they will show up strong like our young guys on the team.

I think I shouldn't have said that he is a choke my bad, he is poor on the offensive end, and I really can't see him fit here, like Frank Williams did a while back ago. I also think he doesn't play it to heart, like Lee or Balkman. He is a great addition to the team, but if he works harder like Lee or Balkman do, he will be great needs alot of work. I also get what you are saying, I completly really forgot about those last 10-15 games Collins played and was a factor to the team. I guess if a young player get his minutes they will show up strong like our young guys on the team.
Yeahh mardy started to show some skills at the end of last year. On the defensive end, he is a monster, Ron Artest-like. But on the offensive end last year, he really needed some work. Lets hope that he worked on it over the off-season. But back to the topic, I'd obviously take Mo Pete over Mardy as a backup any day. Lets hope we can pull this deal off. If not, I'm sure some guys will step up like the end of last year.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
mo is signed. hes like marbury in terms of not being totally pass-first so i doubt that is what we want especially as we already have nate. we essentially have 4 backup pgs with nate, mardy dickau and jones. unless they start putting collins at the 2 with nate or another more scoring-minded pg, i think we need to package nate or one of the two new guys in a package because theres just not enough minutes for everyone. i like collins as a backup at either guard spot depending on who hes playing with.