My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I didn't say that. Creating strawman arguments? Use some logic.

What I said was if you want Melo over LeBron you are dumb. LeBron carried a team to the finals, Melo hasn't. LeBron is more talented than Melo. From a talent standpoint it's an idiotic and indefensible stance.

from a talent standpoint, it may be. but talent alone doesnt win championships. you can be Lebron James and have all the talent in the world and have no heart, and fall flat on your face in the finals. thats my point. id rather have a guy who you can depend on in the end when you need it. it just so happens that this current knick team as a whole wasnt ready or even healthy enough for this task

KBlack25

Starter
are you kidding me? and you called ME an idiot? first of all, they were playing against a lackluster Knicks team who was already down 0-2 in the series. there was NO pressure at all on lebron. Have lebron shoot anything close to that in game 3,4,5, or 6 in the finals then we'll talk about his crunch-time dominance.

Look at LeBron's numbers in the playoffs v. regular season. They are strikingly similar.

But I am a guy that doesn't believe "clutch-ness" is an attributable skill. A hypothesis that has sent many people into a tizzy on this board, no need to rehash it.

KBlack25

Starter
from a talent standpoint, it may be. but talent alone doesnt win championships. you can be Lebron James and have all the talent in the world and have no heart, and fall flat on your face in the finals. thats my point. id rather have a guy who you can depend on in the end when you need it. it just so happens that this current knick team as a whole wasnt ready or even healthy enough for this task

I'd rather have a guy that can carry you there. As LeBron has.

My issue isn't with you saying you still back Carmelo. It's with you saying you would rather have him over LeBron, which indicates to me insane homerism.

KBlack25

Starter
just stop, you're giving them the attention they want, the only reason people are blaming Melo is because that's the headline that will spice up sport shows, newspapers, magazines and web blogs.

Melo knows whats up and will respond well from this experience, Jordan had trouble with the Pistons, the Heat are Melo's Pistons like I keep saying a hard nosed defensive team who wont let him get anything going.

I got faith in him to lead us to promise land as do you, so why argue with people who are just gonna say nonsense

Now we are doing MJ comparisons?

Come on man...

Hayato

Benchwarmer
So did Carmelo - LeBron explored options in free agency as he was allowed to do, and they tried to pull the trigger on some moves but didn't want to give up JJ Hickson in a deal for STAT. They wound up making the move for Jamison to try and keep him around.

They didn't trade an expiring Wally Sczerbiak for ANYTHING at the deadline a few years before.

I'm not saying Melo did a worse or a better job. LeBron made some mistakes, but he also acted totally within his rights and left during free agency. As players are allowed to do.

players are allowed to demand trades too. so what did melo do wrong. are you gonna tell me he acted more like a bitch than lebron? because in the quote im quoting you said "im not saying melo did a worse or better job."

CalBunny

Rookie
Melo fans are idiots. They are just as useless as their hero ISO Melo. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Melo is not even in the top 15. Lebron is better than Melo in every single way. Melo is a round one loser 8 out of 9 yrs. Nuff said!!!

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I'd rather have a guy that can carry you there. As LeBron has.

My issue isn't with you saying you still back Carmelo. It's with you saying you would rather have him over LeBron, which indicates to me insane homerism.

Nah, its not homerism. I told you already; whats the point of having a guy who will carry you to the finals and then wet the bed? at least with melo, if he has a good enough supporting cast (maybe a better supporting cast than lebron needed in cleveland) he can make baskets in crunch time.

dont forget melo is playing with a brand new team, a semi-new coach, and no offseason to gel with this new group or even amare. he still hasnt had an offseason with amare yet

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Melo fans are idiots. They are just as useless as their hero ISO Melo. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Melo is not even in the top 15. Lebron is better than Melo in every single way. Melo is a round one loser 8 out of 9 yrs. Nuff said!!!

as if the Knicks team melo played with the past 2 seasons had nothing to do with it. Hell, the past two years he hasnt even had a damn point guard in the playoffs. last year it was Douglas and this year it was... Damaged Goods Davis and prehistoric Bibby?

how many rings does lebron have? in the end, thats all that matters, right? lebron can have more talent than melo all he wants, but that talent slowly fades away when the pressure is one

jimkcchief88

All Star
Rep point given for calling out the haters. Don't try and reason with the unreasonable. This board teaches you that so called KNICK fans are more concerned with TRYING to look intelligent and bs personal agendas then actually supporting the Team and the Best player we've had in over a decade.

KBlack25

Starter
Nah, its not homerism. I told you already; whats the point of having a guy who will carry you to the finals and then wet the bed? at least with melo, if he has a good enough supporting cast (maybe a better supporting cast than lebron needed in cleveland) he can make baskets in crunch time.

dont forget melo is playing with a brand new team, a semi-new coach, and no offseason to gel with this new group or even amare. he still hasnt had an offseason with amare yet

These are all things I pointed out when people criticized MDA and our team's performance early. And I believe you told me I was wrong.

And if he needs a better supporting cast than LeBron would need then why would you want him? I can't prefer a guy who has never been to the finals to a guy that I know can carry a team there.

KBlack25

Starter
players are allowed to demand trades too. so what did melo do wrong. are you gonna tell me he acted more like a bitch than lebron? because in the quote im quoting you said "im not saying melo did a worse or better job."

I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

Asking for a trade indicates to your teammates you don't want to be there and makes it more difficult for your team to trade you for fair value.

CalBunny

Rookie
as if the Knicks team melo played with the past 2 seasons had nothing to do with it. Hell, the past two years he hasnt even had a damn point guard in the playoffs. last year it was Douglas and this year it was... Damaged Goods Davis and prehistoric Bibby?

how many rings does lebron have? in the end, thats all that matters, right? lebron can have more talent than melo all he wants, but that talent slowly fades away when the pressure is one

Like Melo is stepping up to the plate right? How many time you hear Melo on tv saying other people have to step up etc.. Yeah right!!! How about you step up first Mr. loser. I can think of $20 million reason why you should STEP UP. Melo is EPIC FAIL....no other way to say it.

jimkcchief88

All Star

How quickly they forgot Melo and Bron were 1/1a coming out of high-school. Melo just stopped to collect an NCAA title as a frosh before turning PRO. THAT MEANS MELO HAS MORE HARDWARE THAN BRON as we speak. Gotta love REVISIONIST history.

KBlack25

Starter
How quickly they forgot Melo and Bron were 1/1a coming out of high-school. Melo just stopped to collect an NCAA title as a frosh before turning PRO. THAT MEANS MELO HAS MORE HARDWARE THAN BRON as we speak. Gotta love REVISIONIST history.

Really? Because Melo and Bron came out of high school in different years.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Though really I am not sure what their ranking in HS has to do with anything.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think asking for a trade is worse than leaving in free agency.

Asking for a trade indicates to your teammates you don't want to be there and makes it more difficult for your team to trade you for fair value.

Bron ABANDON his HOMETOWN; MELO was traded out of the COWTOWN to come HOME. Huge difference. Hater, hater, hater, hater.....only on KO.COM do so-called KNICK fans root for the opposing teams best player(on the hated heat no less) in the middle of a playoff run. Typical. KARMA is the real reason we are in danger of getting swept and haven't won a playoff game since 01'. 98% of fair-weather KNICK fans don't deserve to see the team win crap:(:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
Really? Because Melo and Bron came out of high school in different years.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Though really I am not sure what their ranking in HS has to do with anything.

High school players have ratings....Both Bron and Melo were five star guys....

KBlack25

Starter
Bron ABANDON his HOMETOWN; MELO was traded out of the COWTOWN to come HOME. Huge difference. Hater, hater, hater, hater.....only on KO.COM do so-called KNICK fans root for the opposing teams best player(on the hated heat no less) in the middle of a playoff run. Typical. KARMA is the real reason we are in danger of getting swept and haven't won a playoff game since 01'. 98% of fair-weather KNICK fans don't deserve to see the team win crap:(:(

All I'm saying is LeBron is a better player than Carmelo. I also think LeBron is better than any human alive at basketball right now.

And generally I think leaving in free agency is better than asking for a trade, it's not a Melo thing - I think D12's actions were disgusting. I actually respect D-Will's attitude more.