Lin 'highly unlikely' to play

linknicks

Banned
New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin is "highly unlikely" to play in Game 5 of the team's first-round series against the Miami Heat on Wednesday, a source with knowledge of Lin's injury told ESPNNewYork.com on Monday night.

As the Knicks face a 3-1 series deficit and possible elimination in Game 5, Lin was expected to scrimmage Monday and Tuesday before the Knicks leave for Miami with the hopes of suiting up in Game 5.

But a source said that, as of Monday evening, the pain in Lin's surgically-repaired left knee appeared likely to keep him from playing in Game 5.

"Wednesday is probably too soon," said the source, who added that the Knicks haven't completely ruled Lin out yet, in hopes that he can recover in time to play.

Interim coach Mike Woodson said on Monday that team doctors will make the ultimate decision on Lin's availability.

Lin's return is a pressing issue for the Knicks. They lost Baron Davis to a season-ending knee injury on Sunday in the third quarter of their Game 4 win.

With Davis out, the Knicks have just two point guards on the roster -- Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby.

Woodson said on Monday that Bibby will start in Game 5.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Even if Lin comes back in the near future (assuming we play more games this season) he wont be 100% .. I would rather he fully heals before playing, and ride Bibby and TD for now.

If it means him coming back 100% next season, so be it!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Even if Lin comes back in the near future (assuming we play more games this season) he wont be 100% .. I would rather he fully heals before playing, and ride Bibby and TD for now.

This. No point jeopardising a brilliant career for a series that is dead.

skisloper

Starter

Im with you.....if Woodson can live with JR's crazy shooting and no trips to the line he surely can give TD a shot....the guy is fresh legs and who knows in this strange Knick season maybe just maybe TD can get hot......its worth a shot....
He can only help s and not hurts us....again if he looks terrible take him out....I like the fresh legs and he is all heart.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Im with you.....if Woodson can live with JR's crazy shooting and no trips to the line he surely can give TD a shot....the guy is fresh legs and who knows in this strange Knick season maybe just maybe TD can get hot......its worth a shot....
He can only help s and not hurts us....again if he looks terrible take him out....I like the fresh legs and he is all heart.

Yes! JLin was given a chance in February. Maybe another miracle will happen if we gave TD a chance. Go Knicks! Knicks, GO GO GO!!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
If Lin doesn't play game 5, Woody needs to tell JR to facilitate more especially now that the HEAT don't have an answer for STAT. JR is a pretty good pick and roll passer from what I've seen in the regular season with that nifty little pocket pass.

skisloper

Starter
If Lin doesn't play game 5, Woody needs to tell JR to facilitate more especially now that the HEAT don't have an answer for STAT. JR is a pretty good pick and roll passer from what I've seen in the regular season with that nifty little pocket pass.

You cannot tell JR anything....he gets so caught up in the moment that any logic or basketball IQ goes out the window....he is a do or die player...............Lets home we get the do player Wed.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
With Bibby starting i expect to see less turn overs, but bibby cant exactly drive in the paint like Baron

Who's the backup PG Jr, Fields? TD seeing any action? Melo probably will do alot of point forward

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
With Bibby starting i expect to see less turn overs, but bibby cant exactly drive in the paint like Baron

Who's the backup PG Jr, Fields? TD seeing any action? Melo probably will do alot of point forward

Well the key plays that were done to beat the heat were the passing that was going on between melo stat and tyson..

If Woody can continue that good play through Bibby, I think it'll work out for the better..since we werent seeing much of baron's drive anyways.

petescud

Starter
I'd like to see TD share the minutes with Bibby, though i read that they are babying Lin, as he should had returned already from his procedure. I read guys return from that in 3-4 weeks usually