Kobe drops 60!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Don't forget that Micheal Jordan had Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and Toni Kukoc....Kobe just has Gasol.

When he had Shaq they would have wooped anyone.

You're nuts, if you're underestimating Gasol. In case you don't know, before Gasol came to the Lakers, they were perennial 9th seeds. After Gasol, they were legit: went straight to the finals. Gasol is way better than any of those guys you listed: Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, except for Shaq: the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. He also dominated Boozer and Camby, last year in the playoffs. The guy's an all-star, picked by the coaches, who actually know basketball, for a reason. He also dropped 31 on your precious Harrington-Lee frontline.

Red

TYPE-A
This thread wasn't started to praise Kobe. Thats why I said "on some Bullsh!t". It was a record performance that I'm not happy about- get that straight. Just another topic for discussion.

"Playoffs....? Playoffs...?" "You wanna talk about Playoffs"?

Red

TYPE-A
I can't stand that whole "let him get his shots, he'll slow down, we'll stop everyone else" mentality. He should of been doubled and harassed much more, especially after the 1st qtr. If you play tight enough D and get the rock out of his hands he can't drop 60. This loss brings us back to earth and further emphasizes the need to add and make more changes.

Toons

is the Bo$$
You're nuts, if you're underestimating Gasol. In case you don't know, before Gasol came to the Lakers, they were perennial 9th seeds. After Gasol, they were legit: went straight to the finals. Gasol is way better than any of those guys you listed: Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, except for Shaq: the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. He also dominated Boozer and Camby, last year in the playoffs. The guy's an all-star, picked by the coaches, who actually know basketball, for a reason. He also dropped 31 on your precious Harrington-Lee frontline.

umm, gasol better than rodman?? are u nutz? guy led the league in rebounds for 7 years

AIR WORM!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I told myself while I turned my pc on "I bet theres a Kobe thread at the Knicks forum" and I guess I was right...

NOW, why the heck is there a thread named after Koke in a Knicks forum? COME ON! Ether discuss it in the game thread or put it in the NBA section. Dont disrespect the Knicks, get this garbage out of here.

Its like when the Knicks fans cheered Jordan for his final game. You dont cheer some one who killed us year after year. Anyone that cheers for Jordan or now even Kobe is not a Knicks fan regardless of what they say!

Could a mod please move this thread to the NBA section?

The Knick-Fans cheered Jordan b/c we did not have a SG when Jordan was doing his thang....the Knicks had to sign FA Allan Houston to slow Jordan down and search for a defensive backup SG to give him problems which they found in the CBA League John Starks.
The Ewing Knicks could not beat Jordan b/c Oakley was to slow when the Bulls went into their running triangle....that's why coach Pat Riley benched Oakley for CBA Anthony Mason.

SG-Kobe Bryant 61 points made it LOUD and CLEAR.....the Knicks dont have a SG in their rotation so Kobe took advantage of an opportunity....and had his teammates defend the 3-point line....this will let SG-Lebron James, SG-Ray Allen, and SG-Bayless (Roy injured), become their teams first option on offense....this is some of what you may see in the next 3 games.
And that's only two ways out of the four of our Knicks weakness in getting beat.

Lets just hope that SG-Kobe Bryant breaking our ex-Super-Star SF-Bernard King record of 60 points with 61 points got the attention of Donnie Walsh by our Fan Base yelling MVP....b/c the Knick-Fans were entertained bigtime by our Knick Role-Players staying close throughout the game vs the best team in the league.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Kobe shot 31 fga to come up with 61 points....I dont care if he scored all 61 points from the foul line by faking and catching his defender in the air for a foul shot....that's not only Super-Star Status....that's PURE MVP. Stop being a HATER!!!
LETS GO Knicks!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I can't stand that whole "let him get his shots, he'll slow down, we'll stop everyone else" mentality. He should of been doubled and harassed much more, especially after the 1st qtr. If you play tight enough D and get the rock out of his hands he can't drop 60. This loss brings us back to earth and further emphasizes the need to add and make more changes.

We dont have a SG in our rotation inwhich Kobe have to defend or could make Kobe work harder on offense to slow him down throughout each quarter.
We just dont have a SG on this team other than Roberson.
That's why I laughed at the trade for Mobley....inwhich coach JVG found useless vs Kobe, Finley, and Bobby Jackson.
Putting a player like Mardy Collins on Kobe in the 2nd half of the game would've had Kobe complaining to the refferies every chance he gets like he does with Bowen, Bell, Prince, Billups, Stackhouse, and Deron.

Red

TYPE-A
We dont have a SG in our rotation inwhich Kobe have to defend or could make Kobe work harder on offense to slow him down throughout each quarter.
We just dont have a SG on this team other than Roberson.
That's why I laughed at the trade for Mobley....inwhich coach JVG found useless vs Kobe, Finley, and Bobby Jackson.
Putting a player like Mardy Collins on Kobe in the 2nd half of the game would've had Kobe complaining to the refferies every chance he gets like he does with Bowen, Bell, Prince, Billups, Stackhouse, and Deron.

That being said; should we go after a big man or a SG by the deadline? Or just keep acting like as long as we're competitive it's o.k., do nothing, possibly get the 8th seed?

jimmymootz

Rookie
Fans at that game should be ashamed. They let the Laker fans take over the garden. not cool.
i didnt hear that many boo's trying to drown out all the Kobe knob slobbin.

quiggle

Starter
most of the fans are Knicks fans but also appreciate talented basketball players so there's nothing wrong cheering them on. this will obviously happen again when Cleveland comes in.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
umm, gasol better than rodman?? are u nutz? guy led the league in rebounds for 7 years

AIR WORM!!!

Rodman was an excellent rebounder, one of the best ever. However, his offensive skills left a lot to be desired. Gasol can rebound, or help his teammates to rebound, very effectively, by what he does consistently: box out, tip balls to his teammates, etc., in addition to all the rest: scoring, screens, getting assists: he's one of the best big men at passing the ball. Just because he doesn't secure all of the actual 12-20 rebounds he helps his team secure, on any given night, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a tremendous effect on the boards his teammates get. Rodman was different in that he took those rebounds for himself.

Let's look at Gasol, though. The guy led a team: the Grizzlies, to their only playoff appearances: 3 or 4, while surrounded by a pack of mediocre players: Mike Miller, Posey, Battier, which is why they never won a playoff game. Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman, never succeeded, after leaving the Bulls. Gasol's a proven leader. I remember seeing him in the playoffs, playing his heart out, hitting clutch shots, but he had no one to help him. Now, he's got Kobe. Before Kobe got Gasol, after Shaq left, the Lakers couldn't do anything. Now, they're championship material. Simple math.

I remember, when Gasol was on the market, begging some invisible force to get Gasol on our roster. Unfortunately, Isaiah said Curry was untouchable, etc. I really believe that, had we traded for Gasol, put him in with Steph, Jamal and maybe Zach, we would have been a contender.

Last edited:
I'm kinda late, but I was there, and I was kinda ashamed that the Garden cheered so hard for Kobe. At the end when Phil took him out, a standing O to MVP chants... At the Garden!

I'm a Kobe fan, but I aint cheer one time for him. It was cool to be at the game to watch history. Even got some pics... But I will be damned as a Kincks fan cheering an opposing player go nuts on our home court, to end our win streak. No matter how incredible it was.

However, Kobe is the best player I have ever seen though. It's too easy for him.

quiggle

Starter
most of the fans in the stands nowadays are clueless corp people who get the tickets for free and it's just a leisure outing for them. if you were to ask them the name of the home team on the court last night, they'd say New York Liberty.

Paul1355

All Star

I never said any of the guys were better than each other...jsut that Kobe, as of right now, only has pau Gasol....were Jordan had other play makers and a SET lineup at the time with anyone of those guys having big nights.

Odom is done....guys like Farmar and Ariza are too young too be an impact like Pippen, Kukoc, or Rodman were....

Chill...

Just that I thought Jordan had better players around him then Kobe does right now.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I never said any of the guys were better than each other...jsut that Kobe, as of right now, only has pau Gasol....were Jordan had other play makers and a SET lineup at the time with anyone of those guys having big nights.

Odom is done....guys like Farmar and Ariza are too young too be an impact like Pippen, Kukoc, or Rodman were....

Chill...

Just that I thought Jordan had better players around him then Kobe does right now.

Chill? I don't see a fridge anywhere, but...

Either way, bad comparisons. When Kobe had Shaq, Shaq clearly was the leader, best player, and the reason they won the NBA title, as opposed to when Jordan did, while surrounded by roleplayers. When Shaq had Wade, Wade was the best and willed them over the Mavs. You just can't compare Jordan with Kobe, Kobe's just not on that level, anyone who was a bball fan during the Jordan years knows that. Jordan was surrounded by roleplayers, who just got wide open, and I do mean wide open, shots off of the double and triple teams that came at him, then he'd just break your will and the bulls would steamroll your broke down team.

The guy that has come closest to Jordanesque performances, IMO, has been Wade, back in the '05 season, where he single-handedly snatched the title from the Mavs. No one else has shown the sort of skill, and clutch, that Jordan did, except for Wade. And look at him this year, doing his thing, despite not having a lot of talent around him.

Kobe, on the other hand, hasn't really been successful, following the Shaq era, until recently, when he got Gasol. Odom and Kobe, as a duo, failed. As for the supporting lineup, they do what they need to do. Sure, Farmar, Vujacic and some of the others would not be as good, if they weren't around Kobe, but they are and they're doing fine.

metrocard

Legend

GET OFF KOBE'S DICK

This is why the NBA is the softest sports league in the world.
Fans get mad soft with it.
You're suppose to hate on KOBE, everyway possible. Dude embarassed the Knicks, and those ****ing clowns at MSG cheer him on and end it all with a MVP chant?

Thats the worst you can expect out of "fans". In Europe, Kobe would of had tomatoes thrown at him. In Puerto Rico, Kobe would of ran out of the building with all the blades that would of been thrown at him.

Since when the **** Knick fans lost their passion? SMH...NYC is losing its swag to some yuppy ass motha****as...we need real chicos allowed in the garden only.

What an embarrassing day to be a Knicks fan.

2vls7es.gif

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

GET OFF KOBE'S DICK

This is why the NBA is the softest sports league in the world.
Fans get mad soft with it.
You're suppose to hate on KOBE, everyway possible. Dude embarassed the Knicks, and those ****ing clowns at MSG cheer him on and end it all with a MVP chant?

Thats the worst you can expect out of "fans". In Europe, Kobe would of had tomatoes thrown at him. In Puerto Rico, Kobe would of ran out of the building with all the blades that would of been thrown at him.

Since when the **** Knick fans lost their passion? SMH...NYC is losing its swag to some yuppy ass motha****as...we need real chicos allowed in the garden only.

What an embarrassing day to be a Knicks fan.

2vls7es.gif

WORD! :aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause:

**** LeBron's performance too. at least he didnt get the MVP chants....