landry-fields-hd.jpeg

Birthday: 6/27/88
NBA Position: Small Forward
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 210
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
High School: Los Alamitos

This cheap ass puertoricanlooking***** is so overrated. He was a good scoring on a BAD TEAM. We already have Wilson Chandler, Walker, and Gallinari....what gives?

Strengths: A wing player with terrific size and a great scoring touch ? He has continued to make noticeable improvements to his game, and has become a scoring machine in his senior season ? An extremely versatile player, he is able to beat you with the dribble, with the shot or with his back to the basket ... He is comfortable handling the ball on the perimeter and attacking off the dribble ... At his best operating out of the triple threat where he uses his long jabs and shotfakes to create separation ... He is extremely good going to the basket, where he has terrific patience and a wide variety of counter moves he can use in order to get the best shot ... He has a tremendous touch on mid to short shots, and he is able to convert against multiple defenders ... Extremely aggressive slasher, he looks to get to the hoop for finishes or to draw contact ... Very unselfish player, has good vision and is able to create plays for teammates ... Rebounds the ball on both ends of the floor ... Gets into the passing lanes ...

Weaknesses: He is a bit skinny and does not have great explosiveness ... How will he adapt to playing against quicker and stronger defenders at the next level? ... Not a consistent shooter from deep or off the dribble ... Has to improve his accuracy at the free throw line ...

Trin_Starr

Starter
Very similar to Chandler so u can bet a curry and Wilson trade will go down at some point to bring someone good.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I never sAid he was better. But it blunts the loss of Wilson when he is traded with curry. The Knicks are going real hard for lbj so they needed someone to put in a good 10-15 mins at the backup sf position.
I think that the Knicks will say to lebron
Here are the possible players we can get for curry and Chandler. Who do you want to play with?

mafra

Legend
GREENBUGH, N.Y. -- One is a heck of a shooter. The other is quite the leaper.

And the New York Knicks, still with their eye on a bigger prize, hope both Andy Rautins and Landry Fields will be fetching doughnuts for LeBron James at the start of the 2010-11 season.

The Knicks failed to buy into the first round of the NBA draft Thursday night and were left with the two selections they began the day with: Nos. 38 and 39.

"It would be great to come out with one good player, to be honest with you," coach Mike D'Antoni said beforehand. "If we hit two, it's a home run."

Despite a need for size on a team with only five players under contract beyond July 1, the Knicks instead went first for a shooter, Rautins, a member of the Canadian national team who shot .407 on 3-pointers for Syracuse last season.

The 6-foot-4 guard did almost nothing but shoot 3s at Syracuse, taking 282 of his 360 career attempts from beyond the arc. In the 2010 NCAA tournament, he went 12-for-24 in Syracuse's three games and scored 24 points against Gonzaga in the second round.

Rautins father, Leo, was a member of the Knicks in training camp in 1987 and appeared in three exhibition games for New York.

Fields was selected first team All-Pac 10 after leading the league in scoring at 22.0 points per game while grabbing 8.8 rebounds. He also led the team in steals (51), blocks (25) and minutes per game (36.3), and he registered a vertical leap of 39 inches when the Knicks worked him out. Only Corey Fortson of Arkansas registered a higher vertical leap (40 inches).

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Again second rounders are a toss up. Although maybe a Vornado would've made more sense because we lack size, this guy can be a good bench player. If he's a swingman, like i've read; he could be used at the 2 sometimes. plus second rounders are cheap so we can fill our roster with cheap players with perhaps some good production.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
I like walshs picks next year chandler will be gone anyway so develop the 8 tv leading scorer in the NCAA makes sense I think that we will be getting a new center with curry chandler walker we might get a draft pick outof it too also I think we will sign one max then role players so our max would be lebron then we sign farmar at 3 and lowry at 4 then you add frye at around 5 ish then you resign lee plus our draft picks and a couple minnimums we got a nice team
farmar
lebron
gallo
lee
center like biedrens
With a bench of frye lowry Douglas Jordan rautins fields then maybe a draft pick from golden state your still under the cap with a solid team add barron as a safety net you got a great bench

sickboy

Rookie
i like fields, and i think his lack of exposure is a big reason many of you are pissed.
he's a pretty well-rounded player and a very good athlete who can shoot and play defense.

There were claims that he would've been a first rounder had he played for a nationally televised school. I think we should be grateful he fell into our hands.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I was REALLY hard on the Fields pick.

But now that I read a bit more about him, I think it isn't the end of the world. I still think we should've drafted Alabi and gotten Fields as an undrafted FA (cause nobody was picking him), but he's still got potential

mafra

Legend
I was REALLY hard on the Fields pick.

But now that I read a bit more about him, I think it isn't the end of the world. I still think we should've drafted Alabi and gotten Fields as an undrafted FA (cause nobody was picking him), but he's still got potential

Again, Alabi has medical issues. Worked well for SA last year when D-Blaire fell to them.

Anyway, word down here in Dalllas, was they were high on him, and some claim PHO was looking at him.

I'm sure when they lost all their guys (Brackins, Vazquez, Hobson) they didn't want to risk losing Fields. Who knows. 6"7' with a great vertical is a good thing. Crashes glass. maybe he turns out to be a Shawn Marion in our system? PHO runs the same offense, and they felt he was a fit.

We'll see.

Paul1355

All Star
Landry Fields
landry-fields-hd.jpeg

Birthday: 6/27/88
NBA Position: Small Forward
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 210
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
High School: Los Alamitos

This cheap ass puertoricanlooking***** is so overrated. He was a good scoring on a BAD TEAM. We already have Wilson Chandler, Walker, and Gallinari....what gives?

Strengths: A wing player with terrific size and a great scoring touch … He has continued to make noticeable improvements to his game, and has become a scoring machine in his senior season … An extremely versatile player, he is able to beat you with the dribble, with the shot or with his back to the basket ... He is comfortable handling the ball on the perimeter and attacking off the dribble ... At his best operating out of the triple threat where he uses his long jabs and shotfakes to create separation ... He is extremely good going to the basket, where he has terrific patience and a wide variety of counter moves he can use in order to get the best shot ... He has a tremendous touch on mid to short shots, and he is able to convert against multiple defenders ... Extremely aggressive slasher, he looks to get to the hoop for finishes or to draw contact ... Very unselfish player, has good vision and is able to create plays for teammates ... Rebounds the ball on both ends of the floor ... Gets into the passing lanes ...

Weaknesses: He is a bit skinny and does not have great explosiveness ... How will he adapt to playing against quicker and stronger defenders at the next level? ... Not a consistent shooter from deep or off the dribble ... Has to improve his accuracy at the free throw line ...
What makes him over rated is his 22ppg in the weak Pac 10.

His defense is suspect and I was not a fan of the pick since we are once again filling our team with guys that are 6'5 to 6'8 who can't play PG or Center.

His leaping ability is what stand out, he had the 2nd highest score out of all the players that the Knicks worked out according to a draft website I read.

Rautins and Fields look like Mike D'antoni players.

Jordan was picked just so Knick fans don't murder Donnie Walsh for not buying a pick or making moves for a big man.

I would have been satisfied with Rautins and Solomon Alibi.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
his mom makes good choco-chip cookies.
:barf::peace:

it "blunts" the loss of Weedson Chandler...? righteous!
:beer:
:gony:

hahahahaha good one lmao

but he does have a point this guy is practically a more athletic Chandler with better Bball IQ so.......maybe walsh has something planned or in the works?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah maybe it's insurance cause Walsh has a trade in the works for Chandler.

Maybe Tony Parker? Maybe Darren Collison/Emeka Okafor?

We'll see.

mafra

Legend
Yeah maybe it's insurance cause Walsh has a trade in the works for Chandler.

Maybe Tony Parker? Maybe Darren Collison/Emeka Okafor?

We'll see.

Maybe even a sign-&-trade for Joe Johnson. We sign him to a contract near the max. Say 14mil per year for 4-5 years. We toss in Curry and Chandler (Probably comes close to 14mil next season).

This leaves us in position to pursue TWO more max deals. We could pursue Lebron and Amar'e.

HOw does LJ turn us down if Bosh goes to MIA, and we have JJ and AS?

With our MLE we add Mike Miller. We are good to go.