The official 2019 NBA Draft thread

mafra

Legend
Mafra has spent weeks posting all the reasons to be excited that RJ Barrett is a Knick.

?He expects to be great?. Maybe the most important thing about him. Sports is not just physicality and skills, it?s confidence and this guy is ready to go and be a star in the world?s greatest arena.

That?s it, exactly.

Remember when Zion was headed to NYK... all the talk was about his body type and injury history and folks were saying how RJ was this that and the other thing...

RJ has the body and the will to be GREAT.

After Knits and Knox and KP.... it?s nice to get a real professional.... an assassin.... suited for the city.

The org has to develop him. That?s on us. But if he flops it won?t be for lack of effort on his part.

I watched most duke games the last 40 years... RJ was one of the best freshman I?ve seen. At least since Jay Will.

tiger0330

Legend
Griffin should have kept that 4th pick, they take Hayes with that 1st ATL pick. I think he's a project whereas Hunter could have helped sooner.

tiger0330

Legend
That’s it, exactly.

Remember when Zion was headed to NYK... all the talk was about his body type and injury history and folks were saying how RJ was this that and the other thing...

RJ has the body and the will to be GREAT.

After Knits and Knox and KP.... it’s nice to get a real professional.... an assassin.... suited for the city.

The org has to develop him. That’s on us. But if he flops it won’t be for lack of effort on his part.

I watched most duke games the last 40 years... RJ was one of the best freshman I’ve seen. At least since Jay Will.
He'll be good but Ja is going to be special. I wonder who Perry would have picked if they were both there at 3.

mafra

Legend
He'll be good but Ja is going to be special. I wonder who Perry would have picked if they were both there at 3.

Sounds like they were higher on Ja... but Mr Morant wasn?t special until 12 months ago. He?s special now but we are talking about 1 hear of excellence while RJ has been thriving for 4-5 years. Knicks couldn?t afford to take the risk, and thankfully they didn?t.

Plus, we already have DSJ.

We shall see. Hopefully they both are great.

Can?t go wrong with the Maple Mamba.

tiger0330

Legend
Sounds like they were higher on Ja... but Mr Morant wasn’t special until 12 months ago. He’s special now but we are talking about 1 hear of excellence while RJ has been thriving for 4-5 years. Knicks couldn’t afford to take the risk, and thankfully they didn’t.

Plus, we already have DSJ.

We shall see. Hopefully they both are great.

Can’t go wrong with the Maple Mamba.
I obviously hope RJ is better but if it was me I would have been all over Ja if both were there at 3. Maple Mamba did you dream that up lol. I think in an earlier post I said we hope he's our Kobe.

mafra

Legend
I obviously hope RJ is better but if it was me I would have been all over Ja if both were there at 3. Maple Mamba did you dream that up lol. I think in an earlier post I said we hope he's our Kobe.

They said that on ESPN.

Ja is special... but, for me, those 6?7? wing assassins are too attractive... MJ, Kobe, Kawhi... kid can score at will, fierce competitor and built for NY. A stud since 2014... I would be a tad weary bc Ja tweaked knee in tourney and burst on scene last year.

RJ is never hurt (of course, now that I say that he?ll blow out knee first SL game).

More importantly, with DSJ... I like roster fit better with RJ.

Anyway, the key thing is we walked away with 1 of The top 3 guys. And, as history has shown, the less decision making our management makes the better.

tiger0330

Legend
All these Canadian basketball players in the league now. 20-30M people up there with more players in the NBA than a country like China that is bball crazy and a population of 1.3B people.

Nassir Little slides all the way to the 25th pick. On paper, this seems like a steal. In reality, when a player free falls like this, there is generally a reason.

Brooklyn drafts Dikembe Mutombo?s nephew at 27 and he is being traded to the Clippers for a 2020 1st round pick and a late 2nd round pick. Brooklyn wants to add no salary with a 1st round pick to keep their dreams of a big free agent haul alive.

tiger0330

Legend
Brooklyn drafts Dikembe Mutombo’s nephew at 27 and he is being traded to the Clippers for a 2020 1st round pick and a late 2nd round pick. Brooklyn wants to add no salary with a 1st round pick to keep their dreams of a big free agent haul alive.
Another Canuck from the Toronto area.