Nets sign Kirilenko for taxpayer MLE

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure how they did it since Kirilenko opted out of a 10M deal with MN to pursue a long term deal. The Spurs were offering him 8-9M but couldn't pull off a SnT with MN to obtain him so I'm scratching my head on how the Nets got him.

Excellent pickup for the Nets. That team is going to make JKidd look good his first year as head coach.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Mikhail Prokhorov was formerly Andrei Kirilenko's employer when the Russian forward played for CSKA Moscow from 1998 to 2001.

tiger0330

Legend
Mikhail Prokhorov was formerly Andrei Kirilenko's employer when the Russian forward played for CSKA Moscow from 1998 to 2001.
Good point. Probably some kind of under the table sweetheart deal with Prokhorov wink winking AK47 millions when he retires. Are we the only NBA team that hasn't signed a FA yet?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
This is absolute under the table deal, wow, it's good to be rich like that russian dude. Buy a team, do what you want, screw the tax, forget the rules, nice !

metrocard

Legend
We're screwed.

Nets are a top 2 team in the East.

D Williams
J Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

Livingston
Terry
Kirilenko
Evans
Blatche

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
We're screwed.

Nets are a top 2 team in the East.

D Williams
J Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

Livingston
Terry
Kirilenko
Evans
Blatche

That roster is sick ! Everybody in the league should be worried. I think the spurs have done a pretty good job this offseason too.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not surprised....not scared either

Give me Ron Ron Kmart and Brooks and we're ready for whoever.

Felton/Brooks/Priggs
Shump/JR
Ron/Bargs
Melo/Stat
Tyson/Kmart

Not to consider a core of players playing together for the at least their 2nd year with a familiar coach.

Last edited:

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Man, that bench is solid, i wouldn't sweat resting anyone other than D Will. I never liked Livingston but i guess he can handle the ball for a few minutes while he rests.

metrocard

Legend
Not surprised....not scared either

Give me Ron Ron Kmart and Brooks and we're ready for whoever.

Felton/Brooks/Priggs
Shump/JR
Ron/Bargs
Melo/Stat
Tyson/Kmart

Not to consider a core of players playing together for the at least their 2nd year with a familiar coach.

It's sad to see depressed Knick fans convince themselves that this team will somehow continue to contend without change.

You said a familiar coach with a team who's been playing the same way for 2 years.

Atleast 70% of the teams in the East figured the Knicks out. We had our wins against Miami, even the Spurs...but into 2013 teams recognized the Knicks simpleness and destroyed them.

We haven't adjusted or change....we got exposed in the playoffs for that.

Current Tyson Chandler is a weak player...so is Amare Stoudemire.

Best big man last season was Kenyon Martin and he only played like 20 games.

Nets frontcourt is Garnett(elite defensive big man who doesn't age...his game doesn't rely on quickness or athleticism) Lopez (top 3 center) and Kirilenko(one of the most versatile players in the world)

Knicks don't have two way players like that.

Melo - offense
Amare - offense
Chandler - rebounding

and what's the logic of Aaron Brooks playing over Prigioni who's the best passer and defensive PG we have this roster? Wheres the ball movement in your lineup? Do you ever consider using basketball logic?

Bargnani playing the 3? I guess you think he'll be great defensive guarding perimeter players, genius....

metrocard

Legend
Man, that bench is solid, i wouldn't sweat resting anyone other than D Will. I never liked Livingston but i guess he can handle the ball for a few minutes while he rests.

Livingston plays good defense and is a 6"7 PG. A shot blocking PG who gives you some rebounds and assist. He does everything except hit 3's.

CoolClyde

Da, it's EXTREMELY shady when a player turns down $10M to play for $3M...
someone needs to check on Kirilenko's family... wife, kids, grandma K, etc., or do
an expos? on how and why he would sign for SO much less MILLIONS OF RUBLES!!
Nyets Russkie prez must have something on Killaraincoat!

jeez, look at what the Nyets have done in 2 years compared to Knicks tiny brain trust,
headed by Jimmy "I play guitar" Dolan. btw, Dolan's band is opening for The Eagles!
WTF?!?! stupid money spent by a stupid man to satisfy his ego.
please have a heart attack and die on stage.

what a difference it makes to have a smart billionaire running a professional sports team
than a stupid sh*thead born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who doesn't know how to run a business.

bigapple

Starter
That roster is sick ! Everybody in the league should be worried. I think the spurs have done a pretty good job this offseason too.

and Lakers r preparing for july 1st 2014 to build stronger team than Heat in 12/13 13/14 if they will steal MELO

Knicks r done.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Kirilenko was a free agent for awhile. Did any team offer him more money than the $3.1M taxpayer mid-level? If not, how can it be proven that a side deal is in play?