Congrats D'amntoni on 50 Losses...Again!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I dont know what team or coach u been watching this season, but the Knicks having a clueless-headcoach Damntoni with his pet-player Gallo whom both of their NBA performance this season equals that of Duhon's performance.
To not see the clarity in all 3 of their poor performance for the Knick organization says u were not watching Knick Basketball.

The Knicks started the season without any kind of star-player on their roster, so using a small-rotation of players show the inferior coaching-staff.
The coaches get a "F" for no effort.

The Knicks started the season with a poor backup tier-2 PG-Duhon averaging 35 minutes per game as a starter. Throughout his first 50 games of the season he did not improve, enhance, anyone of his teammates performance.
The PG position gets a minus "C-" for poor effort.

The Knicks started the season with last season 24 game rookie with "back-injury-surgery" over the summer Gallo as the team 33 mpg starter.
This season happen to be his first full season playing basketball in the USA.
6.11 Gallo showed fear throughout his first 50 games this season by spending all of his time around the 3-point line on every offensive possesion.
Yet, he received 33 minutes per game at a position where the Knicks had 3 experience (ten times better) players on the roster.
Equals the coaches "Pet-Player" it has nothing to do with developing a young Gallo for the future.
The Chicago Bulls rookie Taj Gibson 24 mpg developement under a 2nd season NBA coach puts his talents and awareness as a NBA bigman 10 times above Gallo.
The 2nd season player Gallo gets a minus "C-" for being a project in the NBA.

Having 7.0 C-Earl Barron (doing the samething that C-Darko & F/C-Hill couldve provided for us at the start of the season with 6 extra fouls) in the middle of the paint.
Plus having 6.9 PF-David Lee dominating the defensive-glass (rebounding) so oponents get one shot at the basket.
Here is the most important Knick frontcourt question in the 2009-10 season?
for fans who bet cash $$$ money on each game and the Knicks future when u have a decent "center & PF" combination.

Who would u put as the starting SF? and
Who would u put as the backup SF?
A) Ten year experience team high scorer SF-Harrington?
B) 3rd season offense/defense upcoming future star SF-Chandler?
C) Inexperience 24 games in the USA SF-Gallo?

The wrong answer will give u a 1-9 start of the season...

Helluva post!!!! Even though I haven't been in school for a bit, when in doubt on multiple choice tests, its best to pick B.

Nice point as well about Taj, he was a great find for the Bulls and shows you don't just right off a rookie season, even for a lower pick.

Lookit, I don't know If Mike D'ant is the right coach for this team or not. The Knicks haven't had a good coach for so long(LB's year is too short to count) that I can't remember what a good coach looks like. But to be fair to D'ant, we have to get some real talent in here before you can judge. We can't keep changing coaches like underwear for sure. I question him drafting his godson and his short rotation/sub pattern, but our Knicks have been showing up with knives to a gun fights for a longtime now. Let's get a little talent in here, then roast Damntoni if he can't coach em up.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Helluva post!!!! Even though I haven't been in school for a bit, when in doubt on multiple choice tests, its best to pick B.

Nice point as well about Taj, he was a great find for the Bulls and shows you don't just right off a rookie season, even for a lower pick.

Lookit, I don't know If Mike D'ant is the right coach for this team or not. The Knicks haven't had a good coach for so long(LB's year is too short to count) that I can't remember what a good coach looks like. But to be fair to D'ant, we have to get some real talent in here before you can judge. We can't keep changing coaches like underwear for sure. I question him drafting his godson and his short rotation/sub pattern, but our Knicks have been showing up with knives to a gun fights for a longtime now. Let's get a little talent in here, then roast Damntoni if he can't coach em up.
Agreeeeeeeed!

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
No, not getting away with that BS, he made this place look like hell

Give D'antoni a break! He is the only coach in NBA history who doesn't deserve to get blamed for anything.Remember, he was brought in here to start coaching this team once his third season with the Knicks got underway.

He didn't get paid the highest salary of any coach and bring his high school only coaching experience brother along to blow two seasons this bad.
Face it, the guy lived in Nash's shadow and rode his glory.
This guy started Duhon over 50 games and played him over 35 minutes, when Robinson or Hughes could have outplayed that third stringer anyday.
Why all the fights in the press with all the players over two years?
Sure, make it kick in this next year, but don't make the franchise look like a dysfunctional NBA team of the decade. Robinson on the bench a month? Fights with Marbury, Harrington, Lee (one year is all you worth), Hughes, a complete screw up. Many games lost after the best December in years.
This team should have nailed the 7th or 8th spot, but this guy took more losses to show power over useless free agents that were not going to be signed anyway.
The result, most people tuned out about 2 months ago, like me, and most free agents don't want anything to do with this town due to this display of grade school coaching. Gallinari, Duhon, WHEW, what a screwed up year and way to roll out the Red Carpet. You can't even think of 5 players that will take the court next year that will be any better than December with that run. WHO? Hell, Lee is going to the Nets, Donnie blew that one big time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its amazing how you go about grading the performances of these personel and players as if you are some sort of erudite teacher.

Although Duhon's playing time was a unanimous absurdity, saying that Al Harrington ( a power forward naturally...weren't you the one complaining about out of position players in your D'Antoni argument??yeah...) and Wilson Chandler were "10 times better" than Gallo is a gross exaggeration. You complain constantly about playing young talent like Douglas and Hill, yet you would rather play a guy like Harrington who is out of position, and on his way out the door. Last I heard, Chandler played MORE minutes than Gallo AND started...i dont understand what obvious options at SF you seem to be seeing. You're only further exposing your grudge against Gallo.

I dont know what you expected of this season, but we were a guaranteed lottery team. 2010 is the plan, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni, this team is still losing 50 games. If you disagree with this logic, then the same opposition goes for whatever you think. There is no telling what would have happened under any other coach, because it never happened. Dwelling on the past is simply a preparation for an excuse if 2010 fails to bring us wins.

We were not a Lottery Team at the start of the season.
We were suppose to be better than the Bucks and Rockets, with the addition of Darko, Hill, and Douglas receiving playingtime.
We may have been a .450 record team at the start of the season, untill Damntoni tried to prove that "Gallo was the best shooter he ever seen" by making Gallo a 33 mpg starter. And all Gallo teammates who did not approve of Gallo starting and high minutes got DNP.

I dont know where u r coming from b/c at the start of the season I wrote down the playingtime and the minutes for a 9 to 11-man rotation.
Alot of Knick oponents we were supose to use a 10-man rotation.
I had the 12 to 24 minute players (Darko, Gallo, Hill, Jeff, and Douglas), and the 20 to 30 minute players (Lee, Harrington, Chandler, Nate, Duhon, and Hughes).
I got my numbers of minutes from the 2008-9 Knick season small rotation of players, and I expanded the 7-man rotation to a 10-man rotation with 12 available players, b/c only one player on the Knicks roster was worthy of getting above 30 mpg consistently at the start of the season (David Lee).
By midseason when the chemistry and Jellin kicked in maybe a couple of players could get consistent above 30 mpg.

Wilson Chandler is not a F....king SG! WTF!
Starting Chandler at the SG spot is a JOKE!
Coach Larry Brown failed in the Olympics using Carmelo at the SG spot.
David Lee is not a F.....king center! WTF!
Having a 7 and 8-Man rotation this season....WTF!!!

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
We were not a Lottery Team at the start of the season.
We were suppose to be better than the Bucks and Rockets, with the addition of Darko, Hill, and Douglas receiving playingtime.
We may have been a .450 record team at the start of the season, untill Damntoni tried to prove that "Gallo was the best shooter he ever seen" by making Gallo a 33 mpg starter. And all Gallo teammates who did not approve of Gallo starting and high minutes got DNP.

I dont know where u r coming from b/c at the start of the season I wrote down the playingtime and the minutes for a 9 to 11-man rotation.
Alot of Knick oponents we were supose to use a 10-man rotation.
I had the 12 to 24 minute players (Darko, Gallo, Hill, Jeff, and Douglas), and the 20 to 30 minute players (Lee, Harrington, Chandler, Nate, Duhon, and Hughes).
I got my numbers of minutes from the 2008-9 Knick season small rotation of players, and I expanded the 7-man rotation to a 10-man rotation with 12 available players, b/c only one player on the Knicks roster was worthy of getting above 30 mpg consistently at the start of the season (David Lee).
By midseason when the chemistry and Jellin kicked in maybe a couple of players could get consistent above 30 mpg.

Wilson Chandler is not a F....king SG! WTF!
Starting Chandler at the SG spot is a JOKE!
Coach Larry Brown failed in the Olympics using Carmelo at the SG spot.
David Lee is not a F.....king center! WTF!
Having a 7 and 8-Man rotation this season....WTF!!!
You're contradicting yourself...if you hate playing players out of position, then why play Harrington at SF? I never said I was for Chandler playing SG or for Lee playing C. You're a Gallo HATER.

Plus, who are you to predict that we would be .450 with your genius formula? THIS TEAM HAS ZERO TALENT. Even at the start of the year...Darko f***ing Millicic is suppose to jet us ahead of the Rockets AND the improved Bucks?

Let me get this straight...

You would prefer a lineup of:

PG- Duhon
SG- Hughes
SF- Chandler
PF- Lee
C- Darko

to a lineup of:

PG- Jennings
SG- Redd
SF- Luc Richard
PF- Ilyo
C- Bogut

Really??? I think there is a REASON the Bucks are slotted at the 5 spot. Not only do they have one star, THEY HAVE 2!!!!

We don't even have one!!! Our f***ing "star" is David Lee, who in the words of other KO members, is a "complementary player on a winning team".

Give me a f***ing break. As if our team this year would have been ANY better than we ended up. Saying my prediction is wrong is just as credible as yours seeing as BOTH DIDN'T HAPPEN. Stop dwelling on the past. It's all you do...besides changing the colors of the font on your posts. I think you're the only one on this forum not excited for the future.

nk11

Benchwarmer
You're contradicting yourself...if you hate playing players out of position, then why play Harrington at SF? I never said I was for Chandler playing SG or for Lee playing C. You're a Gallo HATER.

Plus, who are you to predict that we would be .450 with your genius formula? THIS TEAM HAS ZERO TALENT. Even at the start of the year...Darko f***ing Millicic is suppose to jet us ahead of the Rockets AND the improved Bucks?

Let me get this straight...

You would prefer a lineup of:

PG- Duhon
SG- Hughes
SF- Chandler
PF- Lee
C- Darko

to a lineup of:

PG- Jennings
SG- Redd
SF- Luc Richard
PF- Ilyo
C- Bogut

Really??? I think there is a REASON the Bucks are slotted at the 5 spot. Not only do they have one star, THEY HAVE 2!!!!

We don't even have one!!! Our f***ing "star" is David Lee, who in the words of other KO members, is a "complementary player on a winning team".

Give me a f***ing break. As if our team this year would have been ANY better than we ended up. Saying my prediction is wrong is just as credible as yours seeing as BOTH DIDN'T HAPPEN. Stop dwelling on the past. It's all you do...besides changing the colors of the font on your posts. I think you're the only one on this forum not excited for the future.

good post.