Game thread: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls 8:00.11/12/2019 [Game #11]

tiger0330

Legend
You know I just had this thought that at the end of this 10 game stretch when we expect Fizdale to be fired that instead Dolan fires Mills and Fizdale keeps his job.

mafra

Legend
Word is all 3 will be held accountable, if this doesn?t improve. Mills and Perry won?t survive this... what can Fiz do with this roster anyway?

We traded KP for a dude who has 1 made basket 11 games into the season. Can we cut DSJ when we fire Fiz plz?

mafra

Legend
Weren?t we told that our depth would be an advantage? Our second unit constantly getting run off the floor....

And we are gassed come 4th Q every game. Could it be these players aren?t in good condition?

mafra

Legend
Knicks 20-31 from the charity stripe.... In 11 games, they already have 5 10-miss affairs and at least 1 game with 9 misses.

This team not good enough to leave 10 points in FT line every game.

mafra

Legend
Morris, Randle, and Portis combined for 14-41 shooting. Going back a decade, this is life as a NYK fan... watch these journeymen vets nobody else want come into town and chuck shots.... take about 50 a game and make about 10.... and we wonder why kids can?t develop.

tiger0330

Legend
Morris, Randle, and Portis combined for 14-41 shooting. Going back a decade, this is life as a NYK fan... watch these journeymen vets nobody else want come into town and chuck shots.... take about 50 a game and make about 10.... and we wonder why kids can?t develop.
You forgot the part about paying them more than anyone else is willing to pay them. Morris is tradeable, maybe the Spurs still want him. Might as well startup the tank in Dec.

Kiyaman

Legend
Morris, Randle, and Portis combined for 14-41 shooting. Going back a decade, this is life as a NYK fan... watch these journeymen vets nobody else want come into town and chuck shots.... take about 50 a game and make about 10.... and we wonder why kids can’t develop.

Yep .. Morris, Randle, and Portis has to dribble the ball before they shoot .. super bad habit .. 14-41
Gibson didn't dribble the ball to shoot 8-10 for 17 points.
Plus Randle being the point-forward has been KILLING the Knicks.
Like I said, I would have started the Knicks season having Gibson in the starter lineup bringing Randle off the bench.
I still believe it was Randle's clumsy performance on the Pelicans that convince AD to ask for a trade last season.

tiger0330

Legend
He is shooting 21% from 3 point range this season. He?s just doing what guys do against our crap team.
He set a Bulls record for most 3s scored in a qtr for a player. For a rookie to do it for a storied franchise like the Bulls is special and tells me the kid has a bright future.

mafra

Legend
He set a Bulls record for most 3s scored in a qtr for a player. For a rookie to do it for a storied franchise like the Bulls is special and tells me the kid has a bright future.

White was on my short list, as a definite option if we picked 4th or lower.... He has the speed and athleticism you want in a PG, he can score and has moxy. Not on the level of Fox and Murant, but I saw this kid play big in big games for UNC and was interested.

As for Randle.... the dude is trying.... he?s just cast in a role not suited for his talent. I always loathe when coaches try to jam square pegs into circular holes. A good coach designs his system around the strengths of his players, and only asks them to do things they do well.

mafra

Legend
RJ Barrett had 21 points, nine assists, six rebounds and two steals on 50 percent shooting will definitely catch your attention. Passed like the one to Knox got 3 was otherworldly. What vision and IQ.

Pinch me when Trier and Dotson ever sets up somebody like that.

Didn?t we sign Ellington to hit some 3s?

mafra

Legend
FYI... Knicks watch party Thursday night.

Posting and Toasting
@ptknicksblog
Two days away!

Don't miss a chance to hang with some of your favorite Knicks content creators

Beer and wine specials all night and some profits go to @FeedingNYC to help New Yorkers in need this Thanksgiving

🏀 Knicks vs. Mavs
🗓️ 11/14
⏰ 7:00 pm
📍 Penn 6, 132 W. 31st St.

I hope nobody shows up at MsG.... A few thousand empty seats is how you get Dolan to fire Mills. I won?t even watch.... a shame... but I can?t care about this roster right now... I?m just not subjecting myself to this crap any more.

I was hopeful MRob and DSJ would make us a decent squad.... but they have disappointed and here we are. Just playing out the tank.... another 71 games of torture....

mafra

Legend
In the last 14 months: The Patriots have played 28 games The Knicks have played 92 games The Patriots have won 22 games The Knicks have won 19 games.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
is there a way to call people to boycott the game and do not attend in MSG? how can a franchise with all that fame and resources and unlimited amount of money be at the bottom of the league for more than a decade?

mafra

Legend
Remember when fans try to organize that MSG protest a few years ago? That?s what forced Dolan to bring in Jax.

If fans harass Dolan enough he?ll do something.... maybe even sell!

I mean, cable is so 1980s! Enough of this bum.