Kidd to the Knicks?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Stangely its a big possibility. The offer would center around (no pun intended) Eddy Curry. It would have Eddy Curry, Renaldo Balkman and another contract most likely Malik Rose who will soon expire. Interesting enough it could turn into a megadeal with Vince Carter being added if the Knicks decide to add Crawford to the package. If the deal was to go down with Carter and Kidd our lineup would have Zach Randolph, David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Vince Carter and Jason Kidd. Not bad but not wonderful with no center in place for us. we would dump a few bad contracts and only recieve Vinces bad one in return.

This seems plausible but who knows what can change. Kidd wants to be back in Dallas and Dallas is willing to get him but no for Josh Howard so youd prolly see a 3 team deal as earlier reported with the Blazers getting involved (not sure why) where Jarrett Jack and Outlaw go to the Nets with Jerry StackHouse and some Cash.. Kidd to the Mavs and not sure what the Blazers would get/do.

should make for an interesting deadline.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Stangely its a big possibility. The offer would center around (no pun intended) Eddy Curry. It would have Eddy Curry, Renaldo Balkman and another contract most likely Malik Rose who will soon expire. Interesting enough it could turn into a megadeal with Vince Carter being added if the Knicks decide to add Crawford to the package. If the deal was to go down with Carter and Kidd our lineup would have Zach Randolph, David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Vince Carter and Jason Kidd. Not bad but not wonderful with no center in place for us. we would dump a few bad contracts and only recieve Vinces bad one in return.

This seems plausible but who knows what can change. Kidd wants to be back in Dallas and Dallas is willing to get him but no for Josh Howard so youd prolly see a 3 team deal as earlier reported with the Blazers getting involved (not sure why) where Jarrett Jack and Outlaw go to the Nets with Jerry StackHouse and some Cash.. Kidd to the Mavs and not sure what the Blazers would get/do.

should make for an interesting deadline.

If your Jason Kidd; you are at the end of your career, do you really want to go to the NY Knicks??? A team that is NOT going to make the palyoffs and a team who has the most incompetent staff running the team?!?! He wants to go to a team like Dallas so he has a chance to win a championship before he retires. Also, bringing in Carter is not the answer either, though it is a typical Isiah type move! What Dolan needs to do is sit tight for the rest of this season and basically veto anything Isiah brings to him! Unless it is a no brainer but then again you have 2 knuckle heads that if you put them together couldn't figure out how to put the round peg in the round hole!! So, you freeze Isiah and wait out the season. Fire Isiah as both GM and Coach, then you bring in Jerry West as the GM and say here is what we have, do what ever you need to do! I am 100% sure that you would see immediate results. Jerry West is not know for bone head moves like Isiah, who by the way when he losses this job he is done in the NBA and you can take that to the bank!! So, in response to the post getting either or both would not be good for this franchise!

knicklover

Benchwarmer
WE don't need any aging former superstars on the decline or any more big contracts. This team is a million miles away from winning it all. "F" the playoffs etc... What we need is very good draft picks, expiring contracts, and a single minded focus towards developing some of our young talent so we know ASAP who is in our plans for 3-4 years from now.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
maybe kidd gets traded (a big maybe), carter has no chance of being traded.. the nets fuk'd up big time last summer extending him for 3 more years.. ain't no one taking him and the 50m owed...

the nets mite be fuk'd more so then the knicks...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Personally, I don't want Jason Kidd on the Knicks.As great of a career as he's had, he's 34 years old,he's lacks accuracy on his shooting(just 36% from the field this season)and he wants to get paid big money.And even if he didn't want big money(which he does)why would you put Jason Kidd on the same team with Marbury?lol That's like trading John Starks to the Pacers to play with Reggie Miller.And don't get me started with Vince Carter.He makes over 12 million a year.Why would you want a guy like that on your team, if Jamal Crawford can score almost as much points as Carter, but makes 4 million dollars less than Carter.That would be another stupid move.

Starks

Starter
Personally, I don't want Jason Kidd on the Knicks.As great of a career as he's had, he's 34 years old,he's lacks accuracy on his shooting(just 36% from the field this season)and he wants to get paid big money.And even if he didn't want big money(which he does)why would you put Jason Kidd on the same team with Marbury?lol That's like trading John Starks to the Pacers to play with Reggie Miller.And don't get me started with Vince Carter.He makes over 12 million a year.Why would you want a guy like that on your team, if Jamal Crawford can score almost as much points as Carter, but makes 4 million dollars less than Carter.That would be another stupid move.

They would do it because Marbury obviously isn't in their immediate or future plans anymore. Which means our starting PG positon is vacant. Thats why Mardy Nate and Crawford have been "trying out" for the Knicks PG position these past handful of games. I think Mardy would get it if he can learn to shoot, simply becuase of his D and passing abilities.

Kidd would fill that spot, but he would not want to waste his final years trying to get a team over the .500 mark. He wants a ring.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
A trade between the knicks and nets would never happen. Im suprised the Nets are as bad as they are. I never believed any of the Kidd trade rumors in the past but its goin down now. Hes still a great player if you put him on a team with shooters and interior defense. Kidds a triple double waitin to happen.

F*ck, we gotta game 2nite. I better get goin on that game thread.

paris401

Starter
A trade between the knicks and nets would never happen. Im suprised the Nets are as bad as they are. I never believed any of the Kidd trade rumors in the past but its goin down now. Hes still a great player if you put him on a team with shooters and interior defense. Kidds a triple double waitin to happen.

F*ck, we gotta game 2nite. I better get goin on that game thread.

what the hell u waiting for???... i look forward to your game threads.. always a couple of interesting observations...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
They would do it because Marbury obviously isn't in their immediate or future plans anymore. Which means our starting PG positon is vacant. Thats why Mardy Nate and Crawford have been "trying out" for the Knicks PG position these past handful of games. I think Mardy would get it if he can learn to shoot, simply becuase of his D and passing abilities.

Kidd would fill that spot, but he would not want to waste his final years trying to get a team over the .500 mark. He wants a ring.
I think that's a good thing.I'm not a fan of Jason Kidd, and I don't want him on the Knicks.As far as the PG position is concerned, I think Nate Robinson should be allowed to start for the Knicks.He's our best point guard that we have.We could've used Marbury, but he's injured.So I say give Nate a chance.He definitely deserves it.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I dont care trade EDDY CURRY out of here. THat bum. J Kidd can out rebound in any given day. That is a crazy deal. But I don't think the Nets are interested in that deal.

Curry says he is not happy with the Knicks. We should trade Z Bo too. I wouldn't mind trading the blackhole for RJ.

NYKnicks15

Starter
damn guys dont shoot the messanger here haha. To be completely honest with you i think the nets and the knicks are both in the same boat. were two different types of bad. the knicks have overpaid players surrounded by one dimensional characters and a few young brights. the nets have overpaid players who are close to their value but are aging surrounded by one dimensional characters and a few young brights. difference is their brights dont seem to have star potential. mwilliams isnt ready to grab ahold of a team yet by ANY means hench why they signed armstrong. boone and williams are a plus but have no real strong offensive game and Krstic.. well hes interesting haha.

fact of the matter is were both in overhaul mode. the only reason kidd is leaving (and he WILL move before deadline) is because he is the only piece that is able to move. REMEMBER guys he doesnt have a no trade clause. he can recommend where he wants to go but that doesnt mean jack. and all they have been offered is garbage so far. trust me. no one will bite on VC for young talent it seems. and RJ is a piece the Nets really want to keep in their nucleus. if they were smart and since KV is a GM helper over there now (which hell be our GM next year trust me on that) IS hell trade Kidd before deadline for expiring contracts, a young player and a draft pick with some cash. it wont seem like a good deal but in the long run it needs to be done.

then they should suck it up and keep VC until offseason. re-evaluate the situation then. If no one will take him then ship out Jefferson for GOOD cheap talent and draft picks. the nets can be fixed. so can the knicks. and it really all lies with one individual [SIZE=-1]Ernest Maurice "Kiki" Vandeweghe III yes i used the government!
[/SIZE]

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
well i will love kidd to be in the team because we will have a defiensive point gaurd and he is a team leader and he could show nate jow to improve i will like to give marbury and curry and we could take any crapy center from them just to have a big guy on the team

Pricey

Rotation player
yeah that would suck having a defensive guard since we r loaded with them lol. Also a leader which we dont have.
I wouldnt have a issue having him for a couple seasons, could teach Nate and the lads how to play.
You cant tell me you wouldnt be happy with a trade like Kidd and Sean Williams for Curry, Balkman and Rose or something of that ilk.
U get your defensive guard who can rebound, create shots and can score and also a young centre who can play defense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I know kidd leads the league in triple doubles and im assuming Lebron James is second. Those 2 on the same team? They could beat the Celtics but it also depends on who they give up.