Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
Coaching staff should do what's right and give BD his starting spot. Diddy was going to be the starter once he got healthy. The fact that Lin has emerged shouldn't change that. It's not like he beat Diddy out for the job during a stretch of games where they were both playing.

BD is the accomplished veteran and still one of the better pgs in the league. Lin will get his time to lead full time but right now I believe this is Baron's job to handle. Problem is, Lin has become such a cash cow and international sensation for Dolan that its hard to remove him form the starting lineup.

If I were MOA i'd start BD and Shump. You'll have a pg with better poise and a boost in defense to start the game.

iSaYughh

Starter
Coaching staff should do what's right and give BD his starting spot. Diddy was going to be the starter once he got healthy. The fact that Lin has emerged shouldn't change that. It's not like he beat Diddy out for the job during a stretch of games where they were both playing.

BD is the accomplished veteran and still one of the better pgs in the league. Lin will get his time to lead full time but right now I believe this is Baron's job to handle. Problem is, Lin has become such a cash cow and international sensation for Dolan that its hard to remove him form the starting lineup.

If I were MOA i'd start BD and Shump. You'll have a pg with better poise and a boost in defense to start the game.

Wha?

BD was going to be the starter when healthy because we had a PG crisis, and no other PG on the team. And because the rare "why not" situation raised where he was amnestied and we got him for a min.

But more importantly, he has never even actually played for us this season, and asserted any sort of claim on the PG slot.

It is Baron who must show his poise, and reclaim the spot from Lin through superlative play over a stretch of time.

Baron needs to acclimate himself to handling full-time PG duties, and prove himself with his play.

On the topic of "poise", it is Lin who came in and transformed our entire and season round -- virtually single handedly, with his play and particularly his poise in the clutch.

And how has Baron showed such poise -- let alone the variety of transformative team play that Lin has? He had 6 TO's in about 50% less PT than Lin recently.

Coaching staff should do what's right and give Baron the PG spot?

larry_david.jpg

We aren't running a lemonade stand, and handing over the reigns to our niece because we want to make her feel good, and once upon a time implied we would give her a shot.

And please don't take this as me jumping on your dick (you have a track record of being inclined to fantasize that whenever a man rebuts your NBA knowledge on a forum that he is up on your phallus n ass).

nyk_nyk

All Star
Wha?

BD was going to be the starter when healthy because we had a PG crisis, and no other PG on the team. And because the rare "why not" situation raised where he was amnestied and we got him for a min.

But more importantly, he has never even actually played for us this season, and asserted any sort of claim on the PG slot.

It is Baron who must show his poise, and reclaim the spot from Lin through superlative play over a stretch of time.

Baron needs to acclimate himself to handling full-time PG duties, and prove himself with his play.

On the topic of "poise", it is Lin who came in and transformed our entire and season round -- virtually single handedly, with his play and particularly his poise in the clutch.

And how has Baron showed such poise -- let alone the variety of transformative team play that Lin has? He had 6 TO's in about 50% less PT than Lin recently.

Coaching staff should do what's right and give Baron the PG spot?

larry_david.jpg

We aren't running a lemonade stand, and handing over the reigns to our niece because we want to make her feel good, and once upon a time implied we would give her a shot.

And please don't take this as me jumping on your dick (you have a track record of being inclined to fantasize that whenever a man rebuts your NBA knowledge on a forum that he is up on your phallus n ass).

Hahahaha... you really need to see poise from a veteran like Davis who has proven himself for years??? Jokes in here today!

If you prefer an inexperienced Lin who's still trying to find his way over a healthy Davis then your understanding is just too limited son.

There was NEVER a question as to whether Diddy could still play. It was only if he could come back from that back injury at full strength. Obviously we are seeing that happen now.

Stop getting all emotional just because I'm suggesting that a better pg with EXPERIENCE should be in the starting lineup. How crazy of me to suggest that, huh? LOL

Daize

Rookie
Won't lie, but anyone else bothered that Lin immediately deferred to Melo for the last shot in the 4th?

skisloper

Starter
Hahahaha... you really need to see poise from a veteran like Davis who has proven himself for years??? Jokes in here today!

If you prefer an inexperienced Lin who's still trying to find his way over a healthy Davis then your understanding is just too limited son.

There was NEVER a question as to whether Diddy could still play. It was only if he could come back from that back injury at full strength. Obviously we are seeing that happen now.

Stop getting all emotional just because I'm suggesting that a better pg with EXPERIENCE should be in the starting lineup. How crazy of me to suggest that, huh? LOL

The way LIN has played since the Nets game of course he remains the starter........ Unreal that people are touting Davis now as the starter....at least give it 10 games........

I was on the train reading the paper on my way to work and some lady out of the blue just walked up to me and ask who won the game. I told her Boston won and she got all mad and very very loud saying "how did they win, I saw only about 5 mins but the Knicks were winning, what happened?!!!" I said "we were out coached". Her face started to turn red and you can see there were some clear anger issues starting to surface. She was clearly upset and I'm not entirely sure she really understood the game of BBall. People were starting to stare and whisper as she sat there frustrated. thank the lawd my stop was the next one...

I gave her the paper and went on by my biz...
oh, she just happen to be asian too....

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I was on the train reading the paper on my way to work and some lady out of the blue just walked up to me and ask who won the game. I told her Boston won and she got all mad and very very loud saying "how did they win, I saw only about 5 mins but the Knicks were winning, what happened?!!!" I said "we were out coached". Her face started to turn red and you can see there were some clear anger issues starting to surface. She was clearly upset and I'm not entirely sure she really understood the game of BBall. People were starting to stare and whisper as she sat there frustrated. thank the lawd my stop was the next one...

I gave her the paper and went on by my biz...
oh, she just happen to be asian too....

Cool story bro. I can picture the lady from MAD TV now. LoL

nyk_nyk

All Star
The way LIN has played since the Nets game of course he remains the starter........ Unreal that people are touting Davis now as the starter....at least give it 10 games........

Does making this move give the team an advantage? I'd say yes.

Mark my words, the scouting report is out on Lin and its only going to get harder for him at this point. Teams are beginning to understand how to slow him down and affect his game. I believe he will overcome this and adjust but he shoudn't have the pressure of starting while doing it.

What do you need 10 games for? Lin wouldn't have to be failing for me to make this move. It's about the best options to start the game with. This includes replacing Fields with Shump.

wynton

Rookie
The book was out on Lin after about 2 games. Back then, people were saying he couldn't go left, was turn-over prone, etc.

He has struggled against just 2 teams so far, the teams that happen to have exceptional defenses.

Give the kid a chance to learn.

skisloper

Starter
Does making this move give the team an advantage? I'd say yes.

Mark my words, the scouting report is out on Lin and its only going to get harder for him at this point. Teams are beginning to understand how to slow him down and affect his game. I believe he will overcome this and adjust but he shoudn't have the pressure of starting while doing it.

What do you need 10 games for? Lin wouldn't have to be failing for me to make this move. It's about the best options to start the game with. This includes replacing Fields with Shump.

And is the scouting report not out on Baron......he is a great player do not get me wrong....but he makes some crap passes and he is not as quick as he used to be.....Plus he is coming off a back injury.....

Lin has proven thus far that he can make our team win......Its not broke so why fix it.........

First goal is to make the playoffs.
Second goal is to make the playoffs as the 7th or above seed.

If LIN is having consistent troubles then take him out and run with Davis as the starter....BUT until then run with LIN and see how he adapts....

What we dont need is LIN has a bad game so Davis is the starter...
Then Davis has a crap game and we are calling for Lin.....

This will create zero harmony amongst the team,,,,,,,,,,

I would possibly put Stat to the 2nd unit and let him play center if Chandlers wrist is hurting.......Same amount of minutes but break it up a little and let Davis run with Stat,,,,,,,,

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

I agree ppl need to step away from the Linsanity and what he did two weeks ago which was amazing. And this isn't a knock on Lin because I think he will be a very good player but Baron Davis should start he's a better way more experienced player especially with where the Knicks want to go. I still think Lin should start a few more weeks until Davis gets more rhythm but Lin shouldn't start for the rest of the year and playoffs he's not ready which is expected he's a rookie when it comes to on court experience.

And it's not just about his struggles against Miami and Boston I had this in the back of my mind since Linsanity started those games just verified my thoughts. I don't think Lin can handle really tough defensive pressure in a hostile road game he's just not mentally read yet nor is his handles up to par yet. And I know Baron has been getting TO's out there too but look at the contexts of the TO all Baron TO's come from him trying to make the home run play or being too flashy but thats his game and once his timing is back those passes will become more crisps, precise, and on point. Now look at Lin's TO's most of them just come from either putting himself in a terrible position jumping in the air with like 3 guys around him or the other team applying too much pressure that he can't handle. Lins TO problems can and will be corrected with experience but experience comes with a lot of time and if the Knicks want to make a serious push they don't have a lot of time. Not to mention Lin still does not do a good job feeding Amare or Melo. And coming off the bench reduces the pressure he has on him defensively since he;ll be guarded by 2nd unit players and the offensive pressure to always have to feed Melo and STAT he'll just have to worry about getting JR the ball in his right spots.

skisloper

Starter
I agree ppl need to step away from the Linsanity and what he did two weeks ago which was amazing. And this isn't a knock on Lin because I think he will be a very good player but Baron Davis should start he's a better way more experienced player especially with where the Knicks want to go. I still think Lin should start a few more weeks until Davis gets more rhythm but Lin shouldn't start for the rest of the year and playoffs he's not ready which is expected he's a rookie when it comes to on court experience.

And it's not just about his struggles against Miami and Boston I had this in the back of my mind since Linsanity started those games just verified my thoughts. I don't think Lin can handle really tough defensive pressure in a hostile road game he's just not mentally read yet nor is his handles up to par yet. And I know Baron has been getting TO's out there too but look at the contexts of the TO all Baron TO's come from him trying to make the home run play or being too flashy but thats his game and once his timing is back those passes will become more crisps, precise, and on point. Now look at Lin's TO's most of them just come from either putting himself in a terrible position jumping in the air with like 3 guys around him or the other team applying too much pressure that he can't handle. Lins TO problems can and will be corrected with experience but experience comes with a lot of time and if the Knicks want to make a serious push they don't have a lot of time. Not to mention Lin still does not do a good job feeding Amare or Melo. And coming off the bench reduces the pressure he has on him defensively since he;ll be guarded by 2nd unit players and the offensive pressure to always have to feed Melo and STAT he'll just have to worry about getting JR the ball in his right spots.

Lin does a lot more right then wrong.....There us absolutely no reason to change to Baron Davis....

what will you say if Davis starts to struggles or is not feeling 100% ?

we cannot be the team that is forever changing.......Right now is a real test for LIN. If he can get through this then we the Knicks get stronger.....worse case he struggles and Davis comes in......why mess with a guy when all he has done is play great minus the few games....

The " teams will be scouting him " his garbage.....Of course they will as they will every player of every NBA team.....

Lets see what LIN is made up and lets keep Davis healthy off the bench.....we will not win a playoff series unless both are healthy.....

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I say let Lin play through this tough stretch. If he really is Knick's PG of the future, he will have to survive these games. No need to baby him.

kuroe702

Rookie
JLIN poster

JLIN's story inspired me, so I painted a poster. Took a lot of work but JLIN is worth it!

jlin_s.jpg

If you like it, you can purchase the print here

Thanks!!
After melo is back he's not really himself :( but I hope we can see Linsanity again in no time!

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
some of us should realize the Lin screwed us Knicks fans

first, because of his play Dantoni will probably end up getting a contract extension. none of true Knicks want him here and because of Lin the opposite has happened. now say Linsanity never happened and this team sank lower and lower then the chances of Dantoni coming back are absolutely 0. no championships anytime soon

second, this Linsanity garbage cost the rise in ticket prices and screws the average fans from going to Knicks games, really the schmoo who started follinwg Lin like Tebow is in another state and dont care about going to the games.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
LOL. So if the Knicks were playing like the Miami Heat or Chicago Bulls the prices of tickets would still be less than these "Linsanity" prices?

If you want to be able to afford Knicks tickets you better hope the Knicks will keep on sucking because that's the only way the ticket prices will stay low.

wynton

Rookie
I feel the need to mention that I am not ready to jump off the Lin bandwagon just yet.

Looking over the past several games, it seems to me that Lin is starting to learn how to deal with the trapping and various schemes being thrown at him. I believe in his ability to learn and adopt, though there will likely be more painful games in store.

I also want to mention that it would help if the rest of the team stepped up. Last night, Lin had a bad shooting night, but only 2 turnovers. When trapped, he did what he was supposed to and got rid of the ball without forcing things. He can do a better job of this by passing more quickly. But once those traps occur, it is up to the 4 others on the floor to swing the ball quickly and get what should be a pretty open shot. That never happened last night.

If a defense is determined to take the ball out of Lin's hands, there's not much he will be able to do other than trust the rest of the team to respond. Once they do, the trapping will decrease and Lin will have more openings to attack the basket.