As a Knick fan..

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Where do you believe we are going from here?

One Direction:
We are making these moves in quick response to the Nets big trade on draft night, trying to make our own moves. Which might come back to haunt us in the end with absolute miserable results. Grunny could have gone out of control with his power. This could only end badly for the Knicks.

Another Direction:
These moves are being made to get us pieces to set us up for a big move. Grunswald may come out a bigger genius than he already is perceived after this. The Knicks acquire some major pieces and construct a well balanced and respectful team. We can sit back and watch our KnicksTape dominate again.

Overall, no one really knows what the hell is going on in the Knicks front office right, where do you think we'll end up?

metrocard

Legend
What I hope:

We make defensive a priority this off season and get a more dynamic PG to pair up with Melo.

What I expect:
We'll get good players, but we won't address our shot blocking needs and we'll keep Felton at PG.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm hoping we get Rondo,Evans,Jefferson, and Marion

Realistically it's not looking too good but I still have faith in Grunny to do something

Peejay88

Rookie
I like to think Grunwald is playing a strategic game of chess with more moves to come but realistically I think I'm only thinking like this because we traded picks for an unwanted, injury-prone draft bust in Bargnani. Im not hating on him. I just think he needed a change of scenery and the weight of an entire franchise taking off his shoulders . He can be effective inside and out if healthy and in the right frame of mind. I do hate that our hands are tied by ineffective, bloated contracts though . We all need to hope that Amar'e can get himself fit and raring to go this year as otherwise he's a gross waist of cap

Last edited:

johnk812

Rookie
I agree with the popular sentiment on this forum that Grunwald is acquiring pieces to make another move. However, I don't know if even he knows what that move is, but he's setting himself up.

No one was taking Novak or Camby... ever. Someone MIGHT take Bargnani.

Chandler's days here are numbered, I feel like.

I think the whole JR saga will end up with him back in NY.

With the contracts they have (and their co-inciding salaries), they will have the potential to make trade packages with a variety of different totals (Max deal in Amare if God was ever that kind, "kinda-big" total if the packaged say JR and Bargnani, or even just Chandler, maybe they sign and trade JR for two pieces, and Felton is a reasonably priced chip as well).

Still, though, the one thing I don't understand is why they aren't involved in the Eric Bledsoe discussions. It seems as if LA is dying to give him away.

CP3 is making it beyond clear that he wants to win. Now. He got the coach, they look like they might get their SG in OJ Mayo, why not get the battle/playoff/Olympic tested Tyson Chandler to replace/upgrade the young DeAndre Jordan, bring another veteran mentality to that locker room, and make yourself even more of a contender.

CP3
OJ
Caron
Blake
Tyson

Ship us Bledsoe and DeAndre for Tyson and Felton. Knicks get their PG of the future, lock him up with their SG of the future (shump), re-sign Melo after this year, and have you center of the future.

2013-2014:

Bledsoe
Shump
JR
Melo
DeAndre

Bargnani (I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved, but I don't think they will get expiring contracts for him, so whatever they do, his $11 will be on the books this and next year, whether it's his contract or a few players who add up to $11 mil)
Amare
Cope
Tony Allen

2014-2015, I think you can find a trade partner for Amare's expiring contract.

Going into 2015-2016... and yes it's a looong way away, but you will have on the books:

Bledsoe (Knicks have bird rights, lock him up for $8 mil/yr)
Shumpert (Qualifying offer 3.8 mil, but I see the Knicks locking him up no matter what it costs)
Melo (I'll assume he's still here via a max deal)
JR Smith ( I believe he will sign a 4 yr/22 mil contract this year, so he will be here)

That's four solid players at a total of, I would guess, 45 million dollars or so (I'll say Shump gets 10 mill/yr).

If DeAndre pans out, you re-sign him. If not, you go after Marc Gasol.

Bledsoe
Shump
JR
Melo
Gasol

CHAMPIONSHIP

DrB

Benchwarmer

Realistically it's not looking too good but I still have faith in Grunny to do something
YOU live in dream world but we must to survive...LOL. The Knicks will finish below the HEAT, INDIANA, CHICAGO, And the NET with out a blockbuster TRADE. That trade will send Chandler packing....

bigapple

Starter
anyway going fast forward in 2014 will huge FA "story" . Lot key players will become FA nr 1 in NBA James.

in Knicks MELO if i am wrong.

Lot ppl also want to cut STAT

point is if Knicks will not hit some1 strong now what are chances to catch some1 in july 2014.

@DrB Chicago dropped Bellinelli and N8 dont wana comeback so whole offesive power will be again continued by DErrick
they still wana deal Boozer and Noah wonder Why

so i will say Pacers heat and Nets still on Knicks radar to compete.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Man I would love for us to get Rondo to run the point, but it's highly doubtful.

IF there is any possibility the Knicks could aquire Rondo in a trade, it's a lock Shump would have to be involved. As much as I like Rondo, I wouldn't part with Shump.... he is going to be a star, you could see his potential once he felt comfortable playing post knee surgery.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

petescud

Starter
My honest opinion, i think Grunny was hoping to do something with the Warriors as far as unloading Bargs. If they stick him with Bargs, i guess we lost some draft picks. He can't do much with the new collective bargaining agreement. If we get KMart back, i'd be surprised. Am i right that all we have left is 1.7 mil to offer anyone...if so then why are people mentioning like 3 more players (such as Delfino, Brooks, Brand, KMart) when all we can sign is one of them

Rob Low

Rotation player
Am i right that all we have left is 1.7 mil to offer anyone...if so then why are people mentioning like 3 more players (such as Delfino, Brooks, Brand, KMart) when all we can sign is one of them

Because we have unlimited veteran minimums

Oldtimer

Rotation player
We are cap-maxed for two more seasons. We have no 2014 first round pick and no first round pick in 2016. Melo's, Tyson's and Amare's contracts, barring trades, are with us for two more years. So too for Bargnani. Felton's contract extends into the 2015-16 season but at just over $4M. JR's contract will go two years beyond the 2014-15 season. Shumpert presumably will have been extended. Hardaway, I believe, will still be on this first rookie scale contract. In other words, we should have substantial cap space for free agents for the 2015-16 season. The big free agent year, however, is next year when we will not have cap space.

I expect, of course, we will re-sign Melo. I believe he has an opt-out which he can exercise after this season. I wonder whether our questionable future beyond 2015-16 will be appealing to Melo. Philadelphia and Boston, as well as Detroit, Washington and Orlando, could be pretty strong two years from now. I also wonder whether perhaps the Knicks will move to the build rather than buy mode of improvement after our two year window with the current team closes. Since we will likely only have cap space, I expect us to continue to buy.

I am a loyal Knick fan, but I am not particularly optimistic. We are currently very good, but not quite good enough when compared to some of the competition.

We have a two year window with our current team. The Nets appear to have improved substantially at least for next year with Garnett and Pierce. Boston and Philly are in rebuilding mode and Toronto remains a long way from contention. Detroit and Washington appear to be emerging quickly and Orlando could be on its way. I do not think we are currently better than the Heat, the Bulls or the Pacers and I am afraid that the Nets may surpass us next year. The Nets would like nothing more than to beat the Knicks to a championship.

Rob Low

Rotation player
OK, cool....Thanks. They say we're still alive with Delfino. But can you see him signing for 1.7 mil

Honestly it's not very likely. The only hope we have is if he feels he can win a title here (assuming that matters to him) or him wiling to take a pay cut to play with Pablo. With all the ridiculous contracts being signed this year he's worth a lot more than 1.7 mil.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So much pessimism, here's the thing... I'm spare u the "if amare is healthy" "if t.c. can develop a small post game" "melo can be a better facilitator" mumbo jumbo that's not gonna happen. I have a few realistic thoughts about our team v development. We can still be an elite team if just one or even both of these happen. Shump continues to grow to become our without a doubt second best player, and put up all star numbers which I expect. Or bargnani gets his mojo back, inspired by a new team, a contender and he's not the focal point. If that happens we would have stat, shump, felt, jr, bargs all capable of getting scoring in the mid teens easily. On top of melos prowess. It's going to happen and bargnani will pay dividends for us and shump will grow into all star territory next year. Both will happen and its not really hard. But only if one of the 2 happen we can still contend

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nuckles2k2

Superstar
So much pessimism, here's the thing... I'm spare u the "if amare is healthy" "if t.c. can develop a small post game" "melo can be a better facilitator" mumbo jumbo that's not gonna happen. I have a few realistic thoughts about our team v development. We can still be an elite team if just one or even both of these happen. Shump continues to grow to become our without a doubt second best player, and put up all star numbers which I expect. Or bargnani gets his mojo back, inspired by a new team, a contender and he's not the focal point. If that happens we would have stat, shump, felt, jr, bargs all capable of getting scoring in the mid teens easily. On top of melos prowess. It's going to happen and bargnani will pay dividends for us and shump will grow into all star territory next year. Both will happen and its not really hard. But only if one of the 2 happen we can still contend

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want it to sound like I'm attacking you, but you say that if Amar'e is healthy, Tyson was serviceable on the offensive end, and Melo being a better ball-mover, is mumbo jumbo. But then you say you expect Shump to blossom into our 2nd best player, and put up all-star numbers, and Bargnani gets his "mojo" back, because he's inspired by a new team....how are either of those things less....mumbo jumbo-esque than what everyone else was saying?

We can realistically expect Shump to be a Tony Allen with a corner 3 who'll get more opportunities to score, and Bargs isn't gonna help Tyson take less of an unholy beating in the paint, and miss another 10-15 games. The Pacers demolished the Knicks on the boards, the Bulls did as well, and Tyson was in the majority, if not all of those games.

Pessimism? Maybe. But I don't see how the Knicks are in any better position to compete with the Pacers and Bulls, who both routinely beat the **** outta Tyson, and out-rebounded us.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
For Tyson Chandler being 7 Ft is his only good attribute... Tyson is not a rebounding center, only swats the ball... Tyson is able to dunk and on occasion he can tip the ball in... Chandler has no offensive qualities nor will he ever work on creating one... So to be pessimistic on how he feels this team could be better, where he has no effort to better himself leaves us fans saying what the fluck...

I am for one excited to hear that Carmelo is reaching out to improve his post game, knowing that he is better both offensively and defensively in the post compared to the small forward position... Hopefully Anthony and Stoudemire will train together with Olajuwon to build that much need chemistry that they lack as a tandem... We know if Amare could stay healthy he could be a huge factor, but b/c of the discrepancy between both of these power forwards they will only continue to get in each others way without outside assistance...

The new addition of Bargnani, as I think it was a poor judgment by management to try to rectify severely limiting Stat and his minutes...

So as of right now we are looking at Felton & Prigioni at the guards, Shumpert & Anthony at the forward with Chandler at center as our starting five... Sorry but to me that is not an 82 game starting lineup... Platooning Stoudemire with Bargnani to preserve both durability throughout an entire season... As of now we don't have that back up point guard, we will be relying on both rookies T.H. Jr. & C.J. Leslie which could be disastrous... Then who will back up Chandler, better yet who will be his substitute when he gets sick or gets injured... Big issues to have for bench rotation... Starting five this year will be -- eh!!!

As a fan, can only hope for the best this season while expecting the worst where at the end of the season Melo opts out of his ETO and walks away from the team... Funny thing would be we still would be stuck with Stoudemire for another year along with Chandler and a waste of a lineup that won't be attractive to free agents to dare join our team b/c of how pitiful it is...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
shumps offensive game is already above t. allens.... my point is when we all talk about the knicks success,its always contingent on those 3 things happening. and because they arent gonna happen people get pessimistic. im simply saying that the things i brought up can make us better without the "ifs" that are brought up on this site. stat isnt gonna have an impact on our season and i love him but it is what it is. melo can be a better facilitator but heres the thing he actually is a good facilitator. guards dont cut and hit open shots. if bargs hit shots off melos double melo gets the assist and for stat lovers itll appear he became a better faciliator when teammates are just hitting shots off of passes melo already makes. stretch the fllor with bargs, pull a big out guards can penentrate easier and cut easier. they cut when melo is doubled he will easily find you. alot of emphasis is on melo because the iso offfense is just that an offense. an offense that thrives on spot up jump shots and finding cutters. and our iso runs through melo. if bargs is hitting the shots being a legit threat they will respect him and melo finding those cutters such as shump.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Delfino's no longer available. It's looking like Leslie or Hardaway are gonna have to step up and gives us some good minutes at that backup 3 spot