As a Knick fan..

nuckles2k2

Superstar
shumps offensive game is already above t. allens.... my point is when we all talk about the knicks success,its always contingent on those 3 things happening. and because they arent gonna happen people get pessimistic. im simply saying that the things i brought up can make us better without the "ifs" that are brought up on this site. stat isnt gonna have an impact on our season and i love him but it is what it is. melo can be a better facilitator but heres the thing he actually is a good facilitator. guards dont cut and hit open shots. if bargs hit shots off melos double melo gets the assist and for stat lovers itll appear he became a better faciliator when teammates are just hitting shots off of passes melo already makes. stretch the fllor with bargs, pull a big out guards can penentrate easier and cut easier. they cut when melo is doubled he will easily find you. alot of emphasis is on melo because the iso offfense is just that an offense. an offense that thrives on spot up jump shots and finding cutters. and our iso runs through melo. if bargs is hitting the shots being a legit threat they will respect him and melo finding those cutters such as shump.

Dude... I'm just pointing out that you're speaking from a standpoint of "if this, and if that" just like everyone else.

I just think it makes more sense that IF Tyson wasn't our only "rebounder" and IF we had a big who can physically hold up against the rough play in the paint for 82 games, then we'd have a better chance at doing something. Purely from a standpoint of having extra possessions and limiting the oppnents possessions as a start.

You just detailed this entire scenario of what you think would be an ideal offensive set for the Knicks...and to that I say...when we can't finish our defense and secure the ball, and the opponents are killing us with second shot opportnities...what then? The notion that the Knicks problems are on offense in-and-of-itself is the problem.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Dude you're saying if Tyson isn't our only rebounder which means your implying acquisitions. I'm speaking on the current team as is. I'm not saying the team as is, is perfect if we can upgrade our players then do so. But it's possible...very possible that we will get better because of the players already on the roster and it won't be because of the our highest paid players changing but simpler things that are gonna happen with lesser players.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Dude you're saying if Tyson isn't our only rebounder which means your implying acquisitions. I'm speaking on the current team as is. I'm not saying the team as is, is perfect if we can upgrade our players then do so. But it's possible...very possible that we will get better because of the players already on the roster and it won't be because of the our highest paid players changing but simpler things that are gonna happen with lesser players.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

And I don't know where you're getting any of this from.

You're speaking on the current team as is, and just making stuff up while ignoring tangible evidence of deficiencies. You keep saying "simpler things that are gonna happen" like Shump somehow blossoming into an all-star player, and Bargnani is going to hit shots..

I fail to see how you think that's what the Knicks problem from last season was...but ok I guess. What I saw last year was a team that struggled to rebound, especially on the defensive glass, and a team that had no inside presence.

So how this teams gets better because of "players already on the roster" is a little impossible because Indy, Chi, and Miami didn't get worse...yet we didn't get better. So when you say get better, you mean we make it to the ECF? Cause this team, as presently constructed, isn't beating any team of notoriety in the East in a 7-game series. We didn't get handled by Indy by accident last year.

Not a damn thing any of the "lesser" players on the roster does about that.

ATM, its hard to say. We can only speculate because of injuries. If we had a healty team this past season the knicks could have gone much deeper in the post season. It's like the Knicks are always cursed with injury prone players. I don't know when was the last time the Knicks enter the playoffs with their main guys healthy.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lin is a bust, Felton outplayed him last season

I don't think Felton's won a basketball game against Lin in the 2 years I've been paying attention to Felton.

I was replying to someone whom stated scoring/brainy pg ~ as an addition to the roster, not a replacement.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't think Felton's won a basketball game against Lin in the 2 years I've been paying attention to Felton.

I was replying to someone whom stated scoring/brainy pg ~ as an addition to the roster, not a replacement.

Wasn't an attack, just saying we are better off without him