Remember All Those Worrying About Melo/Stat Returning Would Mess Up Chemistry?

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
The nightmare has become reality.

Our chemistry is shot. Our confidence is gone.

These prima donna star players have taken away the best thing thats happened to us in the last 10 years. Linsanity.

No im not talking about Jeremy Lin. Im talking about what Jeremy Lin stood for. A Knicks team that played with joy and fun. A team that gave 100% each night and played team defence. A team that hustled and fought for each other and share the ball on offense.

Now we are just a stagnant one on one basketball team. With melo looking like he wants to cry after he doesnt get the ball.

If only he was as passionate about getting the ball as he was on the boards then we wouldn't have the problems we have now. Then there is STAT who doesn't even look interested in rebounding. He didn't even jump to contest Gibson who had a career night on the glass tonight.

I fear for MDA. He is about to lose his job because he can't make the team gel and run an offense that works for us. More importantly he can't get his team to play defence.

Melo forces 3 shots in the final couple of minutes with Amare red hot and you wonder if they can mesh together? CMON dude was 6-9 and rolling hit 3 in a row and Melo takes the last couple of the qt then Davis dribbles down a 3 CMON

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Basically its just everyone out there to get their points right now. Thats the way it looks when I watch melo.

There is no flow in the offense like we had before these two came back.

munco

Benchwarmer
I agree amidst the death of Linsanity that people are solely focused on Lin's numbers and Melo's numbers and Amare's numbers.

The biggest changes are the energy, chemistry and effort. You still see that when Chandler and the second unit played tonight. Those guys were hustling. With the current starting lineup it's more of a surprise when you see guys going to the floor or running back to stop a fast break. Under Linsanity it was the norm to hustle, now it seems to be the exception.

With all that said I did think the effort tonight was better than it had him although not boxing out is unacceptable. You'd think Taj Gibson was the second coming of Dennis Rodman tonight the way he grabbed offensive boards tonight.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I agree amidst the death of Linsanity that people are solely focused on Lin's numbers and Melo's numbers and Amare's numbers.

The biggest changes are the energy, chemistry and effort. You still see that when Chandler and the second unit played tonight. Those guys were hustling. With the current starting lineup it's more of a surprise when you see guys going to the floor or running back to stop a fast break. Under Linsanity it was the norm to hustle, now it seems to be the exception.

With all that said I did think the effort tonight was better than it had him although not boxing out is unacceptable. You'd think Taj Gibson was the second coming of Dennis Rodman tonight the way he grabbed offensive boards tonight.

I think you can't emphasise that more with Stats performance tonight.

There was one sequence when he just stood on the ground whilst Gibson ripped the rebound from right above stat, despite stat having position.

Then when the ball was on the ground and it was Stat and Noah trying to get it, Noah dives to the ground and stat CLEARLY doesn't want to dive and stays on his feet. Thankfully Lin managed to steal it back.

Its these little effort plays that make all the difference between a winning/losing basketball team.

Thats what the Miami Heat found out last year. That they couldn't play one on one basketball and win. This year they share the ball and they play defence like their lives depend on it.

All the talent in the world won't win you shxt if you don't put in the dirty work.

skisloper

Starter
If the issue is energy and effort why not just go back to the 5 starters ( minus Walker and use Novak ) that we had when won 7 in a row....

If that means Stat and Melo to the bench so what.........
Stat has to see his horrible Defense on game films...and Melo is shooting just over 30%..............

Dantonio show some balls..........Your job is on the line anyway.....

either that or lets hope for Melo trade.....Nobody is taking Amare.....Unfortunately they see is pussy D that he seems to not..

we need high energy and high effot...nothing more for now

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
If the issue is energy and effort why not just go back to the 5 starters ( minus Walker and use Novak ) that we had when won 7 in a row....

If that means Stat and Melo to the bench so what.........
Stat has to see his horrible Defense on game films...and Melo is shooting just over 30%..............

Dantonio show some balls..........Your job is on the line anyway.....

either that or lets hope for Melo trade.....Nobody is taking Amare.....Unfortunately they see is pussy D that he seems to not..

we need high energy and high effot...nothing more for now

Sadly no NBA coach would put their jobs on the line by doing that. Its probably the right thing to do but not realistic.

D'antoni tried that against philly when he benched melo/amare for most of the 4th. They looked pissed.

At the end of the day, its the coach that will get fired not the players. He has no choice but to play his "superstars" who are getting paid 50+ million.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The real problem is Dantoni's lack to run legit god dam plays, name me one Dantoni play you can put to memory minus Stat rolling up to the top taking 3 pointers at the end of ball games. You cant name one can you. we do the same crap on offense i myself can go out there and coach this team, and tell them space out, pass the ball around, and let my "superstars" have a clean iso when ever the offense takes a hit.

Lin is basically a rookie and this guy is taking more shots than AMARE STOUDEMIRE. Instead of getting the ball in the hand of the hot hands he plays butt tag with Landry flippin Fields. Dantoni obviously gives this kid the Green light to do what ever the f*ck he wants. Like Stephen A smith said TEAMS KNOW HIS GAME NOW HE CAN ONLY GO RIGHT AND WHEN HE FAILS TO GO LEFT HE TURNS THE BALL OVER FALLS TO THE FLOOR LIKE A DRUNK OR STOPS HIS DRIBBLE AND PUTS OUR OFFENSE INTO A HOLE so where is the coaching adjustment. Im not going to blame this on Lin though it all comes down to coaching. DANTONI not knowing what the flippin hell he is doing he is a lost man & it looks like he has given up. Tell me have you ever seen Dantoni get up and call out a play?? how many times have you seen it? have you ever seen him try to motivate this team besides saying "lets go lets go" How many times have you seen it?

Bring me Phil Jackson and insert this team into the triangle and i guarantee you we thrive. Hell bring me jeff van gundy, anybody but Dantoni.

Carmelo sure you can blame him to.... but look what plays are being ran for carmelo? iso post ups? desperate 3's because Lin gets stuck sometimes? Some of you guys throw Melo under the bus because he misses a couple shots, he's not GOD he's not going to make everything he shoots get over it. Lin can turn the ball over 2020300 times and you will still give him the thumbs up, its unfair to blame "one person" for losses unless that person is Dantoni. Your kidding your self if you think Novak has a better chance at winning us a playoff series.

& for all you who want stat gone wipe your eyes he's not going nowhere & nobody is touching his contract, i want him gone just as much as anybody on here but... reality is reality.

OUR GAMEPLAN IS SO PREDICTABLE EVEN THE NETS EXPLOITED US.... Point your fingers at one man (DANTONI) NEVER AND I MEAN NEVERRRRRRRRRRR Have i seen Dantoni get in the ear of AMARE OR MELO about playing some defense NEVER & if you got footage of him doing so please feel free to post it.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
The real problem is Dantoni's lack to run legit god dam plays, name me one Dantoni play you can put to memory minus Stat rolling up to the top taking 3 pointers at the end of ball games. You cant name one can you. we do the same crap on offense i myself can go out there and coach this team, and tell them space out, pass the ball around, and let my "superstars" have a clean iso when ever the offense takes a hit.

Lin is basically a rookie and this guy is taking more shots than AMARE STOUDEMIRE. Instead of getting the ball in the hand of the hot hands he plays butt tag with Landry flippin Fields. Dantoni obviously gives this kid the Green light to do what ever the f*ck he wants. Like Stephen A smith said TEAMS KNOW HIS GAME NOW HE CANT GO RIGHT AND WHEN HE FAILS TO GO LEFT HE TURNS THE BALL OVER FALLS TO THE FLOOR LIKE A DRUNK OR STOPS HIS DRIBBLE AND PUTS OUR OFFENSE INTO A HOLE so where is the coaching adjustment. Im not going to blame this on Lin though it all comes down to coaching. DANTONI not knowing what the flippin hell he is doing he is a lost man & it looks like he has given up. Tell me have you ever seen Dantoni get up and call out a play?? how many times have you seen it? have you ever seen him try to motivate this team besides saying "lets go lets go" How many times have you seen it?

Bring me Phil Jackson and insert this team into the triangle and i guarantee you we thrive. Hell bring me jeff van gundy, anybody but Dantoni.

Carmelo sure you can blame him to.... but look what plays are being ran for carmelo? iso post ups? desperate 3's because Lin gets stuck sometimes? Some of you guys throw Melo under the bus because he misses a couple shots, he's not GOD he's not going to make everything he shoots get over it. Lin can turn the ball over 2020300 times and you will still give him the thumbs up, its unfair to blame "one person" for losses unless that person is Dantoni.

OUR GAMEPLAN IS SO PREDICTABLE EVEN THE NETS EXPLOITED US.... Point your fingers at one man (DANTONI) NEVER AND I MEAN NEVERRRRRRRRRRR Have i seen Dantoni get in the ear of AMARE OR MELO about playing some defense NEVER & if you got footage of him doing so please feel free to post it.

& for all you who want stat gone wipe your eyes he's not going nowhere & nobody is touching his contract, i want him gone just as much as anybody on here but... reality is reality.

After a time-out during the streak.....Tyson setting a pick for Novak and Novak knicked down the 3 pointer..............

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
After a time-out during the streak.....Tyson setting a pick for Novak and Novak knicked down the 3 pointer..............
anybody can run a play out timeouts im talking about, in game plays while the game is in motion whats the game plan? What are we trying to do? what are the plays? Why are there no specific plays to get Carmelo or Stat open.. no curls, no screens no nothing, I think Dantoni just does not know how to make this work, im scared to think what that man is scribbling on his little marker board whatever it is just aint working. He's trying to make this offense completely run through Lin & Lin is just not steve Nash he is going to fumble alot of times due to lack of experience. The kid can ball, but it's still a learning process

When Lin is struggling, What are we doing? watching Melo play iso ball? watching stat get his $hit smacked around? Watching Fields pump fake drive and pass back out leading to a desperate shot attempt because there's no more time on the shot clock?

There has to be more being brought to this offense.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Last time I'm going to say this. We lost because of rebounds - Bulls had more than double our rebounds. Amare had 3 rebounds for the entire game. Melo was walking, standing, and watching instead of rebounding. The rest of the team also had issues rebounding including Landry Fields. Melo did show ability to hustle here and there but he wasn't able to sustain that level of focus and determination THROUGHOUT play.

Taj Gibson off the Bench : had buckets of rebounds and points.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Sadly no NBA coach would put their jobs on the line by doing that. Its probably the right thing to do but not realistic.

D'antoni tried that against philly when he benched melo/amare for most of the 4th. They looked pissed.

At the end of the day, its the coach that will get fired not the players. He has no choice but to play his "superstars" who are getting paid 50+ million.

Yup. D'antoni is making 6 million this year. The stars are making more than 5x his salary this year. He is going to have to play them even if they don't hustle, or rebound.

ONE NOTE: THEY SHOWED IMPROVEMENT. So as I have said - there is hope. I just want to see improvement.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I gotta admit, I tried to give Antony and Stoudemire the benefit of the doubt, but they let me down.

I thought it was solely Antoni's fault for their poor play, but after 42 games of division 2 level basketball, I realize they just can't coexist.

And it's not just that they can't coexist, they're past their prime. Carmelo Anthony sadly ended up into a similar situation that Baron Davis, Elton Brand, and Steve Francis faced-losing a step 5 years before anyone expected him to.

I expected Anthony to average what he's averaging now at age 32. I had no idea he would crumble like this at age 27. Stoudemire had the bad back, and I knew he was overpaid, so I expected his numbers to go down sooner or later, but his poor conditioning and lack of emotion is inexcusable. STAT was angry and dominant last year. Now, he looks depressed and weak.

If I was head coach of the Knicks, I'd humiliate SHAT and JELLO and start Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak in their place. At least those guys care.

munco

Benchwarmer
anybody can run a play out timeouts im talking about, in game plays while the game is in motion whats the game plan? What are we trying to do? what are the plays? Why are there no specific plays to get Carmelo or Stat open.. no curls, no screens no nothing, I think Dantoni just does not know how to make this work, im scared to think what that man is scribbling on his little marker board whatever it is just aint working. He's trying to make this offense completely run through Lin & Lin is just not steve Nash he is going to fumble alot of times due to lack of experience. The kid can ball, but it's still a learning process

When Lin is struggling, What are we doing? watching Melo play iso ball? watching stat get his $hit smacked around? Watching Fields pump fake drive and pass back out leading to a desperate shot attempt because there's no more time on the shot clock?

There has to be more being brought to this offense.

When Melo and Stat came back we started getting away from the pick n roll for some reason.

I think Melo's game is off the iso. Even in Denver I remember they'd often run the same play we do which is basically iso Melo on one side of the floor and everyone else get on the other side of the court.

While our offense hasn't looked very good, I don't think we run any less plays than the other teams in the league.

As others have pointed out we're on a losing streak because our overall effort and defensive intensity is down. Tonight we lost because we didn't box guys out and Taj Gibson looked like Dennis Rodman out there.

smokes

Huge Member
Last time I'm going to say this. We lost because of rebounds - Bulls had more than double our rebounds. Amare had 3 rebounds for the entire game. Melo was walking, standing, and watching instead of rebounding. The rest of the team also had issues rebounding including Landry Fields. Melo did show ability to hustle here and there but he wasn't able to sustain that level of focus and determination THROUGHOUT play.

Taj Gibson off the Bench : had buckets of rebounds and points.

Yes, but last game we lost because of something else, and the game before something else, and then Melo was shooting like crap and then STAT couldn't hit the side of a barn door and then Lin turned it over too much and then we lacked Tyson and then Jeffries and before all of that it was because we had no point guard.

There's enough excuses to fill a warehouse with this team, but never have I seen such apathetic coaching go by unchallenged. I think anyone in any sport with this kind of record vs talent would be getting fired and MDA's time is over. Simple.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
When Melo and Stat came back we started getting away from the pick n roll for some reason.

I think Melo's game is off the iso. Even in Denver I remember they'd often run the same play we do which is basically iso Melo on one side of the floor and everyone else get on the other side of the court.

While our offense hasn't looked very good, I don't think we run any less plays than the other teams in the league.

As others have pointed out we're on a losing streak because our overall effort and defensive intensity is down. Tonight we lost because we didn't box guys out and Taj Gibson looked like Dennis Rodman out there.
i agree 100% the defense intensity is down & i never expect it to be "high" because neither stat nor Melo are defensive players the front office knew this when we signed stat and when they traded for melo, but offensively you say melo's game is iso i agree it is iso, but do we really want melo Iso'in half the game and taking contested shots or do we want him getting free getting open shots off of "plays" when melo is open Lin rarely gives him the ball. Our offense is P&R and ISO. the P&R is not working teams are locking down the paint majority of our points come from bad ISO & LIN DRIVES. When Lin is having a hard time our Whole offense has a hard time because there are no Plays being made the ball is playing hot potato east and west until someone takes a bad shot or Lin throws the ball over to Melo because the pressure is starting to make him sweat and he gets scared to do anything with the ball.

When your pg is taking more shots than your stars there is a issue there.

Amare thrived last year because he played center and we surrounded him with shooters who can stretch the ball as far as the 3 point line. Melo is not some lethal 3 point shooter like Gallo was and Amare cant spread the floor to the 3 point position like Wilson chandler did. I think Dantoni is trying to mimic what he had with Felton and the former knicks squad we had where we move the ball around and try to play the p&r game, but thats just not Melo's game & when he misses these shots you scratch your head like how can he miss those. Melo is not a spot up shooter he is a iso player & has always been just that now your asking him to move the ball around and let Lin set him up and stripping him from his strengths, but when Lin fails to set him up he's in a situation where he has to take a bad shot.

We need to either build a iso team around carmelo.

or

Build a MDA team which means SOMEBODY has to go.

I really cant see us going anywhere far with both Melo&Stat they show flashes of making it work but not consistently enough to make any championship runs. they both need the ball in the same certain spots which makes it arguably easier to guard our offense. Chandler packing up the paint does not make it easier offensively and then you have fields who is a terrible outside shooter.

We were on a winning streak when Amare & Melo were out not just because of the hustle but because it had the pre melo trade knicks feel where the ball moved around smoothly which favors Bumtoni's style. Like i said he is lost when Amare&Carmelo are on the floor at the same time.
Add that with our stars not knowing how to play with Lin and you just create more issues as we see now on this losing streak.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk....

Lin is basically a rookie and this guy is taking more shots than AMARE STOUDEMIRE. Instead of getting the ball in the hand of the hot hands he plays butt tag with Landry flippin Fields. Dantoni obviously gives this kid the Green light to do what ever the f*ck he wants. Like Stephen A smith said TEAMS KNOW HIS GAME NOW HE CAN ONLY GO RIGHT AND WHEN HE FAILS TO GO LEFT HE TURNS THE BALL OVER FALLS TO THE FLOOR LIKE A DRUNK OR STOPS HIS DRIBBLE AND PUTS OUR OFFENSE INTO A HOLE so where is the coaching adjustment. Im not going to blame this on Lin though it all comes down to coaching. DANTONI not knowing what the flippin hell he is doing he is a lost man & it looks like he has given up. Tell me have you ever seen Dantoni get up and call out a play?? how many times have you seen it? have you ever seen him try to motivate this team besides saying "lets go lets go" How many times have you seen it?

Carmelo sure you can blame him to.... but look what plays are being ran for carmelo? iso post ups? desperate 3's because Lin gets stuck sometimes? Some of you guys throw Melo under the bus because he misses a couple shots, he's not GOD he's not going to make everything he shoots get over it. Lin can turn the ball over 2020300 times and you will still give him the thumbs up, its unfair to blame "one person" for losses unless that person is Dantoni. Your kidding your self if you think Novak has a better chance at winning us a playoff series.

:beer: :agreed: :beer:

u hit the hammer right on the head....whether KO members want to accept the
truth (there is no system or set plays) its on them, if someone wants to believe a
3-ball shot is a design play when the game is not on the line....let them.
If they havnt notice that Lin-Sanity put a stop to the team having the Green-Light
to shoot 3-balls its on them....if they think Lin-Sanity was wrong for not passing
the ball to Stat & Melo in the final 4 minutes of the Bulls game, then they need
to count all the offensive-rebounds the Bulls grabbed 6 minutes before the final 4
minutes of the game....they need to ask someone who job is it to help Tyson Chandler
with the defensive-rebounds?

Kiyaman

Legend

1) we didnt pick or screen before Lin-Sanity, we was a greenlight 3-ball team
2) Jared Jefferies brang all the energy & effort to get teammates to co-exist
3) we dont have a 2nd unit, we have 3-new players added in the rotation
4) a 2nd unit is 4 to 5 bench players in a lineup getting 6 to 8 minutes of straight
playingtime in a quarter....our so-call 2nd unit has not had 90 minutes on the court in a lineup
in 42 games.
Call our so-call 2nd-unit what they are "BENCH-PLAYERS" with different minutes of
playingtime each game.

Our headcoach has been giving 34+ minutes of playingtime to our big-3 frontcourt
players for 42 games....and the 3 bigmen players are lost on offense, and lost on
defense to where we have made our oponents look like Dennis Rodman, Pippin, and Jordan...

Forrest17

Rotation player
I agree. Watching that 7 game Lin streak was the most fun i've had watching the Knicks in over a decade and that is dead now. I don't even care I just don't want Melo here. I just don't like his game, even when its effective, which its not. He never really showed his game made teams all that much better anyway. Id say the time they went to the conference championships was more to do with Billups leadership than anything. If he was at a lower contract and we had someone else like Billups that could take over in clutch situations then I'd be fine with melo. But we don't. Melo's ego will never allow a guy like Lin to take over games at the end instead of him.