Knicks VS Bucks: Monday, March 26 @ 7:30pm. STATEMENT GAME.

How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyk_nyk

All Star
Not so sure. Lin's been improving He's looking tons better now compared to that Heat game. I think he might surprise a lot of people if the knicks make the playoffs

Not saying Lin can't have good playoff games but he ain't surprising anyone anymore. He'll need an off-season to refine his game. As of right now, teams know how to slow him down and disrupt his flow.

We all know his weaknesses.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bucks couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn. Air-Ball symphony - a tour-de-force, other than the terminator dunleavy. (probably the one guy I would pay money for to see join the knicks - hes a beast)

Without Mike Dunleavy ( who should be a starter ) - they were at risk of a 40-50pt blow-out by the 3rd quarter.

If the Bucks had shot as they have in the last 2 weeks, we would have been blown out - with just average showing.

Credit Chandler, Carmelo - BEASTING it on the Rebounds & shutting down dunleavy), JR Smith HUSTLE, and some Novak rebounds - for a lot of that win. Shumpert nails some shots toward the end that hold the lead - and Melo holding steady @ the free throw-line. We won with hustle and free-throws, we shot relatively poorly as well ( Melo did well shooting in the 1st Q ).

JR Smith made some solid moves to shoot inside the arc and take it to the basket.

Baron had several mistakes, turn-overs, was turning into a gas-less player at times, walking, just slow-motion dribble then slow-motion shoot then brick. Getting stolen from because he was just slowing down. He held it down though, needed him to play this one and hold it down for the team - in a must-win.
* getting pissy, blaming teammates for his own-travel because Jenning draped his body almost spread-eagle on BD.

* some people on these forums don't seem to realize that Baron could easily reinjure himself or have the same season-ending injury or related injury as Amare. All you guys are telling me is you have no experience with injuries and maintaining athletic performance - those that keep speaking as if Baron should play bulk minutes. Your going to end his career if you get what your asking for. I'm pretty much disgusted with several posters with no concern of Baron's future. The guy doesn't deserve some of the fans on these forums that want him to destroy his body - that is still on the mend.

Also for those clamoring that Lin can't compare at all to Baron Davis:

B. Davis :
34 Minutes

3/12 Field Goals Made/Attempts 25% shooting.

1/5 3PM-Attempts

6/6 Free Trhows

5 Rebounds

7 Assists

1 Steal

9 Turnovers vs the Bucks.

I pretty much agree with everything you said here but c'mon man, you take ONE game worth of BD stats to compare against Lin?? Anyone could have taken Lin's stats from that Heat game and compared it to BD. Makes no sense.

fender0577

Rotation player
Wow, we win the game, and were in here arguing about BD vs LIN, people, there both on our team, and we won, just enjoy the win.:beer:

metrocard

Legend
I pretty much agree with everything you said here but c'mon man, you take ONE game worth of BD stats to compare against Lin?? Anyone could have taken Lin's stats from that Heat game and compared it to BD. Makes no sense.

Bucks vs Heat, two totally different levels of teams.

But you have to be really stupid to believe Davis is a better option than Lin, really stupid.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Not many people on here talking about the true postive of the game was Melo's game tonight. He played really well tonight and did not force much of the action. 8-20 from the field is not great but a lot better than what we saw of late. He also had 12 boards and played really solid D.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bucks vs Heat, two totally different levels of teams.

But you have to be really stupid to believe Davis is a better option than Lin, really stupid.

Your argument means nothing based on the fact that their performances will vary from game to game. Davis may have a better game one night and vice versa. They share the pg duties so I prefer to look at their combined performance.

Regardless, we need both of them to play at the same level when they are on the court.

End of story.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

Like I said, you need to watch the Knicks game, not the box scores.

Who is Jenkins?

Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.

+1 Good stuff Metro.

Davis is a good backup pointguard. He's in the point of his career where Jason Kidd was like 2 years ago. People will see when he doesn't get any offers this summer above the vet min.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why are people continuing to talk Lin vs Davis??????? WTF?

The team is the team. They share pg duties so what's the f'n big deal? Lin will have good games and so will Davis. As long as the team is winning who the F*** CARES

Sorry for the rant but its getting real stupid. Posting an APER per 40 min is just taking shi!t too far. RELAX, they aren't opponents.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
Οk i like baron davis but as a backup.I never seen a player soooo tired in a game.It was like he was playing for 3 days in a row.And he had a lot of bad decisions.

When he comes from the bench for 10-15 min he is better.

Now for the game it was a huge win.And i was very happy to see us win with an excellent defense especially from JR despite the fact that he was shooting bricks.

metrocard

Legend
Your argument means nothing based on the fact that their performances will vary from game to game. Davis may have a better game one night and vice versa. They share the pg duties so I prefer to look at their combined performance.

Regardless, we need both of them to play at the same level when they are on the court.

End of story.

Bloodless post.

We need Lin more Davis, its obvious. If you're refusing to see that then you need to let the Lin-hate go.

Why are people continuing to talk Lin vs Davis??????? WTF?

The team is the team. They share pg duties so what's the f'n big deal? Lin will have good games and so will Davis. As long as the team is winning who the F*** CARES

Sorry for the rant but its getting real stupid. Posting an APER per 40 min is just taking shi!t too far. RELAX, they aren't opponents.

Because Lin is better, and should be playing 30 minutes where Davis gets his 18 minutes.

Who plays is a big part of winning, you just don't randomly hand out minutes and except everything to be okay because we won 5 games. We're still a streaky team and we can't afford any shake ups (too many injuries, Melo's shooting, coach change, system change, etc)

Its established that Lin is our man at PG, if anyone believes Davis is even capable of handling Lin's role they have to be insane or just plain ol' stupid.

metrocard

Legend
We all know his weaknesses.

and you can say this about the other 450 players in the NBA.

You're reaching too far on this Lin-obsession. You don't get rewarded for this I hope you know.

Never seen this much psychotic blind hate on a guy who's only played about 60 games in the NBA since LeBron James...the sad thing is that atleast LeBron haters have solid cold facts. These Lin haters basically come at you with bloodless statements that can be supplemented for any player in the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
If Lin is unable to bring it in the playoffs and in Season 2 where he'll time to work in training camp and an off season then it makes a little more sense to doubt him and declare a PG who's close to retirement and needs an oxygen mask to play 30+ minutes over Lin.

I've doubted Lin harder than anyone in here for reason, I was skeptical about the Lin signing and about him starting.

But everything takes time, especially for a 23 year old PG.

I will not allow ignorance about Lin on this forum, I'm sorry folks. It happen with Marbury a long time ago and you guys knew how I handle that...it was a war, but I'm always looking for the victory.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
Οne more thing.I cant understand why Fields starts the game and not Iman.He cant shoot,his drives lately are horrible,he cant defend or even shoot free throws.

YankeesGuy

Rookie
Not true based on their APER.

As of 3/24 per 40 minutes

Jeremy lin 22.44
Baron Davis 12.14

What kind of statistic are you drawing up to say that Lin is better then BDiddy? BDiddy has had a solid NBA career and is a better player and has more skill then Lin, you really can't argue that. You can, but you'd be 100% wrong. It's a matter of whether or not BDiddy can get back to the level he was able to before his injury and if he is able to, which he is not at right now, then he will be without a doubt, better then Lin.

novaman

Benchwarmer
What kind of statistic are you drawing up to say that Lin is better then BDiddy? BDiddy has had a solid NBA career and is a better player and has more skill then Lin, you really can't argue that. You can, but you'd be 100% wrong. It's a matter of whether or not BDiddy can get back to the level he was able to before his injury and if he is able to, which he is not at right now, then he will be without a doubt, better then Lin.

Player Efficiency Rating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Efficiency_Rating

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2850240

APER is Alternate Player Efficiency Rating. It is supposed to be more accurate. Go here to find the latest stats

http://hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx

Last edited: