Another player?

TunerAddict

Starter
Now Dan Grunfield was signed, the no name guy with a dad who played with the Wizards. Check out the bottom of this article.....

And yes, Allen Houston is now a Knick.

http://nj.stats.com/nba/story.asp?i=20080925194908660000101&ref=rec&tm=18&src=NBA

Who will be cut???

My guess Jerome James and Malik Rose are definitely gone.

But now doesn't Grunfield give us 18 players???? WHAT IS GOING ON! STOP SIGNING NO NAMES!

This is standard procedure. Signing guys who most likely won't make the team. Gives an extended roster for training camp and may motivate a few of the guys who are lower on the depth chart.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Remember last year we signed D Nichols and That PG The Clips drafted none of them ended up on the team. Patrick Ewing Jr. likely won't make the team, and neither will Grunfeild, and Anthony Robertson is no lock to make the squad either.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No way will this grunfield kid be on the team...If it was up to me i would cut malik rose, jerome james, and jared jeffries. I dont even consider those guys to be basketball players. At least crawford has some ball handling skills, and curry...uh...he can score in the paint sometimes, not a bad backup center i guess.

portega1968

El Cacique
seems no one here reads Hoopshype...

Apparently, Grunfeld is about to sign with CB Valladolid (Spain). So, he's just fodder for scrimmaging in training camp and will not be here by the start of the season. (Source: www.nortecastilla.es)

Topic can be put to rest.

jpz17

Starter
apperantly jefferies is doing great, and no way we will cut Ewing Jr., too many fans moaning if we do that. I think the players that will do best in D's system will be: Jefferies, Marbury, Lee, Houston, and Q... maybe, maybe zach and jamal can slide in there with hard work, but it won't be easy... wrote it down, marbury=16ppg, 6.5 apg (duhon will get 3 or 4) Jamal will score 16ppg, Zach=14ppg, Curry=0ppg

Kiyaman

Legend
Remember last year we signed D Nichols and That PG The Clips drafted none of them ended up on the team. Patrick Ewing Jr. likely won't make the team, and neither will Grunfeild, and Anthony Robertson is no lock to make the squad either.

It looks like Marbury is pushing for Roberson to make the team.
After the first day of training camp it was quoted that Marbury was telling Walsh that Roberson is a smaller Allan Houston with his stroke.
This would be the second time Marbury complimented Roberson performance. The first time was in practice before the first SL game when Roberson was'nt signed yet.

A member from the ESPN forum (MrRummel) got to see a tape of the first day of training-camp and gave a decent report on it.
He even list where it could be found.

GetRealistic

Starter
Grunfield was only invited to camp as a favor to his dad, with the hope maybe he would catch the eye of another team. Just the experience of being around NBA players for 2 weeks will be great help to him before he goes overseas.