Miami Heat vs New York Knicks- April 15, ABC 1PM EST.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
You need a guy other than Carmelo to shoot the ball and Fields cant do it.Smith can shoot and create his own offense.It's not like we 're gonna have only fastbreaks.
As a defender Fields is better but i see JR trying hard in the last games.

Kiyaman

Legend
I always praise Woody BUT he managed the 2nd half badly

Woody does the same 2nd half substitution-routine game after game after game....to much of Damnphoney foolishness in Woody.

Woody's preperation for a Knicks playoff run is not lookin good....
Woody has not been puttin time into developen Harrellson to be our strong defensive-rebounder to end the 3rd qtr. and start the 4th qtr. in a lineup with JR & Novak....Woody has not been developin our key players (Shump/Fields/Novak/Melo/Tyson) in a lineup to defend the 4th qtr..
These 7 players have to develope-chemistry so the return of Stat & Lin fits in perfect.
JR Smith has never been a key player on any NBA team....he's just a scorer to stop double-teams on Melo & AI....if u recall.

metrocard

Legend
NO Fields is a better started than finisher, JR is a better finisher than starter

our finishing line up should

Shumpert
Smith
Novak/Fields/Jeffries/Davis(depending on match ups)
Anthony
Chandler

I agree.

The perimeter defense of Shumpert/Smith is too much to handle for NBA teams and the fact you have Chandler in the middle makes it really hard for teams to score.

jimkcchief88

All Star
MELO making my bill investment in his swingman jersey look good, but he can't do it all. Another 40 in a losing effort reminds me of last years playoffs. Gotta find more scoring from somewhere. Poor BD looks terrible out there and now Novak has caught brickitis from JR. BS call on Shump changed the game to me but still not closing quarters and games Heat close on an 18-6 run:(. Classic game thread lmao hope everything is ok:)

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
The fact is...the Heat team with James, Wade, and Bosh, is better than our Knicks team without Lin and Stat.

I like that we had a chance to win up to the last minutes of the game. It would have been amazing if Woody orchestrated a win today, but it's understandable that we lost. If Shump, JR, or Novak had a really good game, we could have won. If Lin or Stat were playing, we should have won.

KingofNy

Starter
reasons we lost this game : rebounding, missed F/T, REFS, FIELDS.......

Mostly the last two... Fields and Refs. Fields is god awful and needs to be benched in the second half. I swear the guy doesn't know how to pump fake. Him getting swatted today basically killed any momemtum we had and it also took Melo's confidence in his teammates away. From that swat on MELO was trying to do everything by himself.

The refs sucked in the second half as well but I blame this loss on Fields... Dude is terrible.

Benchwarmer
Okay, I admit I "could" be wrong, but watching the end of this game
my thought was that the Knicks could have won the darn thing!!

I also thought that there were a few shots where Novak was all
alone and available to make a 3-pointer, but he was completely
ignored.

My other thought was though Melo has been doing wonderfully,
he hogged the last few shots!!

Am I wrong?

skisloper

Starter
I agree.

The perimeter defense of Shumpert/Smith is too much to handle for NBA teams and the fact you have Chandler in the middle makes it really hard for teams to score.

JR has to play defense then without the lapse's....That means boxing out....The guy sometimes just forgets or doesnt switch......He made a few points way too easy for Miami today.......

Shump needs how to run a fast break.....but that will come...

Landry looked petrified out there....but he play great defense....

skisloper

Starter
oh yeah the refs killed us all game, that flop took away Novak's 3 and ruined our momentum, 1 play can change the course of a game

How about the foul on Jeffries against Lebron...gave them 2 points...

OR THE fin 3 seconds...call...WTF

skisloper

Starter
Okay, I admit I "could" be wrong, but watching the end of this game
my thought was that the Knicks could have won the darn thing!!

I also thought that there were a few shots where Novak was all
alone and available to make a 3-pointer, but he was completely
ignored.

My other thought was though Melo has been doing wonderfully,
he hogged the last few shots!!

Am I wrong?

YES you are wrong.
Melo was clearly the best player on the court today.

wian

Benchwarmer
i am quite proud of the boys tonight. Yes, its a loss, which is unacceptable as i hate losing, but to come within 8 points against a team with arguably 2 of the best players in the NBA, and to do it without 2 of our own best players is a decent effort IMO. I think we have come along way and we are definitely heading in the right direction.

And Mello is absolutely beasting it up in a big way and is arguably the best player in the NBA at the moment...

Lets hope we can roll boston in a few days time and get back on track...

Benchwarmer
YES you are wrong.
Melo was clearly the best player on the court today.
Thank you for responding to my post. I, too, think Melo was probably
the best player on the court today, and in the last couple of weeks.
But, I still feel that the ball should have went to other players,
such as Novak near the end of the game. Just my opinion.

*I know I asked if I was wrong! And, I still appreciate your
feed back.

skisloper

Starter
Thank you for responding to my post. I, too, think Melo was probably
the best player on the court today, and in the last couple of weeks.
But, I still feel that the ball should have went to other players,
such as Novak near the end of the game. Just my opinion.

*I know I asked if I was wrong! And, I still appreciate your
feed back.

If Novak is not open they cannot get him the ball....as for other players shooting every game is different.....based on how this game played out it is MELO who should take those final shots....

Your options are limited. Melo, Davis ( who had no legs and shot an airball and hit the side of the backboard ), Shump ( who was not shooting all game ), Tyson who does not shoot....Novak not open and JR who will always shoot.

we missed Stat ( the stat of late ) in this game.....

knickscity

Benchwarmer
There's nothing to think about.

Melo was the best player on the court.

Only problem...he was the only player to show for the whole game on his team.

Inexcusable that only 1 starter had double digit points, and all of the starters combined had just over 20 boards.

The team basically had one good quarter, trailed the majority of the game, got out-rebounded by double figures to an awful rebounding team.

Totally disgusting, terrible display for a home game, when every game is important now.

iJoe

Rotation player
oh yeah the refs killed us all game, that flop took away Novak's 3 and ruined our momentum, 1 play can change the course of a game

I second that this is what completely stopped the Knicks' momentum. Damn Refs don't call things consistently and it should not be up to them to completely change the game.

Either call it tight the entire game or let the damn men play.

Benchwarmer
If Novak is not open they cannot get him the ball....as for other players shooting every game is different.....based on how this game played out it is MELO who should take those final shots....

Your options are limited. Melo, Davis ( who had no legs and shot an airball and hit the side of the backboard ), Shump ( who was not shooting all game ), Tyson who does not shoot....Novak not open and JR who will always shoot.

we missed Stat ( the stat of late ) in this game.....
I see, now. I did see Novak open, but I suppose the momentum
and... perhaps he was too far. I guess I'm just very disappointed
as I was sure the Knicks were going to win.

miked1958

Rotation player
I'm assuming you're directing your post towards what I posted
about Melo?

Are you implying that we can't have differing opinions, and that
we can't post them on this forum?
Melo has been tearing it up..

Another Hugh effort again today. 42pts. That's awesome. U would think with him getting that many points that the Knicks would of scored a total of 110+. But when all the rest of the starters and the whole bench can only muster 1 more total point over what Melo scored all by himself then you have major problems.

Yes we miss Lin and amare. When Melo was out Lin helped carry the team. Now Melo is returning the favor. He just needs a little help,from his friends

miked1958

Rotation player
i am quite proud of the boys tonight. Yes, its a loss, which is unacceptable as i hate losing, but to come within 8 points against a team with arguably 2 of the best players in the NBA, and to do it without 2 of our own best players is a decent effort IMO. I think we have come along way and we are definitely heading in the right direction.

And Mello is absolutely beasting it up in a big way and is arguably the best player in the NBA at the moment...

Lets hope we can roll boston in a few days time and get back on track...
We need to. But the prob is I felt we actually has a much better chance to beat Miami then we do beating Boston.