Phil Jackson Has Officially Agreed To Join Knicks

Broadway

All Star
Agreed, I completely stopped coming onto the website to evenread the posts after a while, not because I ran from some argument with Metro,but because all I saw was Metro and Kiya one post after another shunning themasses based on disagreements and lack of respect for others opinions; they couldn’tsee the forest through the trees, that this was a forum and the word “forum”means open discussion, not dictated discussion. I don’t know if it was boredomor sheer ego, but I got tired of it completely, I only signed on today to seewhat phil Jackson convos were going on, and of course half way through a newsthread comes the debate of kiya and metro and their attempt to plant a stakeinto the heart of knicksonline ( once the premier most favorite knicks websiteof mine and many others, not a boneyard of relics that cant get through onepage of a thread with out turning into a pissing contest between cyber bullies)ill go right back to obglobal.net as Its obvious this site will never getbetter.

And im a veteran saying this so please take heed.

Well the intention of the thread was to discuss the potential resurrection with the hiring of Phil. It started to derail once Tig entered. I also feel Ky is slightly perturbed because he has no one to draw ire with(Metro being his board nemesis) making him the attention of the board. Otherwise his comment in this thread didn't make sense to me, although I could be wrong.

It's going to take those who remain to breath life back into this place. Disagreements are welcome, but I think we're all intelligent enough to detect personal agendas when they surface and usually there isn't much tolerance for it.

I've slightly disagreed with Clyde and Rady upon my initial convos when first joining as I have with a few others but it's never gone over the top because cooler heads always prevail.

Anyway what do you guys think of Phil making potentially upwards of $15mil for the gig? Does anyone find it kind of odd J.R. Smith and Woodson are eager to talk to and work with Phil and have expressed it publicly yet Melo is being kind of cryptic and vague about what it could mean for him? Is it because Melo feels he has it like that with the organization as a whole while Woodson and Smith appear more concerned or needy because of a level of uncertainty?

This is an opportunity for discussion hopefully contributors will add their value to it

Broadway

All Star
Well just as I wondered we have some intel of how Melo is looking at things as they unfold. Very interesting choice of words he used as the same with Amar'e

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 1m

Melo says he'd look forward to sitting down with Phil if and when he's hired.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 1m

Carmelo said he heard Phil Jackson's critiques about him before. Says he's not really sure how to respond, but that it might have ...

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 19s

... been accurate to say that he shot too much in the past. Melo feels his game has evolved in past 2 yrs, though.

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone 15s

Amar'e on Phil Jackson: "It's been very, very top secret so far with that situation and it should be . It's a very, very touchy situation."

DrB

Benchwarmer
People left because the KNICKS lost heart

kiya and 3g killed this forum. your sheer melo hate(uncalled for albeit) is a turn off for vet posters to look at. there is only like 4 people posting and im telling you 2 its because of you 2.
No totally true.. left after the KNICKS went into the S*t house.
As I fan I can accept loses but CAN'T ACCEPT no defensive effort, no ball movement and terrible coaching by WOODSON.

Broadway

All Star
Okay so who txt Greg Anthony

Phil Jackson's agent Todd Musburger is in LA today there is hope agreement to be Knicks president will be finalized today, sources tell ESPN

- Ramona Shelburne

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stole my dang thunder because I meant to post Phil Jackson in Donchris how to fix our Knicks thread and by golly they went and grabbed him. So I'm loving it:)

Broadway

All Star
Although Philly Phil is coming home he knows he hasn't forgot about his mindset regarding the team...

It'll be interesting to see what he does. It's seems apparent in this video(which we're aware he stated this), a real system needs to exist if we are to be taken seriously and go anywhere deep into the Post-Seasons ahead. Not sure even if the TRIANGLE is ideal but I guess we'll see.

Kiyaman

Legend
kiya and 3g killed this forum. your sheer melo hate(uncalled for albeit) is a turn off for vet posters to look at. there is only like 4 people posting and im telling you 2 its because of you 2.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LMAO
The KO Forum got SLOW bc there was nothing positive to write about an effortless Knicks team for 4 straight months ..
Knicks record in Nov. 3-13, to Dec. 9-21, to Jan 19-27, to Feb. 21-40 ..
the month of February the Knicks went on a 2-13 run losing to the poorest mediocre teams in the NBA !!!!!

Knicksince93 .... I know my writing skills r FFed-up, butt ur B.Ball IQ is FFFed-UP more LMAO
What could anyone write about a $91M cap team on another 2-13 run, that did nothing on the trading-deadline???

Kiyaman

Legend
Agreed, I completely stopped coming onto the website to evenread the posts after a while, not because I ran from some argument with Metro,but because all I saw was Metro and Kiya one post after another shunning themasses based on disagreements and lack of respect for others opinions; they couldn’tsee the forest through the trees, that this was a forum and the word “forum”means open discussion, not dictated discussion. I don’t know if it was boredomor sheer ego, but I got tired of it completely, I only signed on today to seewhat phil Jackson convos were going on, and of course half way through a newsthread comes the debate of kiya and metro and their attempt to plant a stakeinto the heart of knicksonline ( once the premier most favorite knicks websiteof mine and many others, not a boneyard of relics that cant get through onepage of a thread with out turning into a pissing contest between cyber bullies)ill go right back to obglobal.net as Its obvious this site will never getbetter.

And im a veteran saying this so please take heed.

It's easy to play the blame-game (to come up with excuse).
After the Knicks first 15 games of the 2013-14 season, the only one that kept posting on this KO site on a daily bases was Metro.
Members showed up for a few GAME-THREADS (missing Crazy8 GT), the Knicks performance and Woody's coaching made me change the channel to college ball a lot this season, so I can imagine what it did to other members.
I post in 5 different Knicks Forums .. and Crazy8 and Metro post in a few of those forums, and we read member after member call it quits and giving-up on the Knicks throughout this season in every forums Game-Thread .. Thats how bad the Knicks performance were this season...

Last edited:

pat

Starter
There are two options how this could play out:
1. This is brilliant news (if Dolan finally decides to sit back watch and learn).
2. This is totally irrelevant news (if Dolan decides to pull of the same shice he did with Donny).

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dang it Kiya beat me to the punch:) I think ESPN is going to carry the news conference as well...New Era starts TODAY Knicks fans....As far as no one participating here anymore, it's not because the team has underachieved. This board was lively thru the Isiah years, STARBURY years, Jamal, E-city, Z-Bo, the whole smash. What has happened lately is a small but loud minority has taken over with thier Haterade and lack of basketball IQ. And "ain't nobody got time for that." This is indeed an open forum, but dumb posts don't pass the eye test here. Getting on here regurgitating Colin Cowherd on why "Melo Sucks" don't cut it and vet posters here will put the whole site on the ignore list. Me, I'm a battle poster so I love exposing dumb things like "Innis>Melo" lol....How is that mess looking now???? Again insert Princess Amadala here:"I pray sense and sensibility will return to the senate." We got a playoff run to attend to and my new Melo jersey should be at my door today:). Everybody enjoy the press conference on chief

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
11am PJ press connie

Just started the thread for anyone interested in talking about what you saw this morning. I cant even look at clownface he makes me nauseus

"willingly and greatfully" -Dolan when asked if hes ceding authority.

Lets hope.....

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
http://www.nba.com/live1/

He started out by saying

- "The Culture Has To Change".......

- Players have to feel welcome here

- Players have to have a good bill of health and a environment to help them remain healthy

- Players have do the things necessary to make sure they're ready to play

- Believes in "SYSTEM BASKETBALL"....the ball has to move, has to be passed, players have to move and cut

- Team needs to continue the push for the playoffs and should they make it their playoff performances will factor into the decision making process going forward.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
- Things were being done wrong in the past because of the...."PRESS"....'DECISION MAKING"...."LACK OF CONTINUITY"

- Wants a good working relationship with the press but there will be times of closed doors. The relationship will be a good one with the press and it will work

- Believes Melo will be part of the rebuild process going forward if he's willing to do the things to get to the next gear. He believes Melo has another gear and that the team can put the pieces around him

- The move will be tough but he will uproot from LA and plant himself in New York but there will be back and forth

- Dolan made the comment that he "WILLINGLY AND GRATEFULLY" will give full control to Phil Jackson

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
- Woodson's job has been difficult he is a good coach he needs to continue to coach and win games pushing for the playoffs. He will sit down with him at the end of the year to discuss things.

- He wouldn't have taken the job had Dolan not allowed to relinquish full control

- He first met Dolan in December at get together between a mutual friend (Ansdorf?) he spoke at length with Dolan and both agreed to resume discussions down the road and Mills acted as the bridge to bring them closer together

- His coaching epiphany became clear in Chicago and Jerry R asked him about coaching here or in Chicago...."He said the Knicks can win a championship with Patrick but the Bulls can win several with Micheal." When the opportunity surfaced in L.A. Buss asked him to coach and deliver 1 more championship and Phil said you'll win more than 1

- The statement of "Make It In New York, You Can Make It Anywhere" started with Red....riding in his car on the way from the airport after he picked him up to come play here....a brick was dropped on the windshield(from a bridge) on his car and shattered it. "Phil New York Fans Are Tough But....the rest was history

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
i cant believe what im hearing from dolan. Saying things like "im out of my element" and "im by no means an expert (at basketball)"

unreal, id never thought id hear this. Lets hope its not just all talk

Broadway

All Star
- Believes Melo is probably the best isolation player in basketball

- Will work with Mills to bring in another scorer to help Melo and look at the 2015 off-season to bring in more help but in the meantime they will have to comb the bushes to find help

- Melo proved in the Olympics he can be a system player and that he can play a role. The players need to work on their footwork and passing the ball.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dolan admitted stepping out .. will he???
PJ wants a system .. Woody is out!
PJ wants a 2nd option on offense .. what does that mean?
the Knicks have several optional scorers beside Melo (need to move to the next level, stop ball-hoggin), rookie THJ inside/outside scoring could be a option for PJ.
PJ was skeptical on winning a championship, I guess the Lebron/DWade reminds him to much of his 6 rings in Chicago.