Which Big Three would you bet on?

Which Big Three would you bet money to win it all?

• Heat- James, Wade, Bosh

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Celtics- Pierce, Rondo, Garnett,(Allen is not as good as Rondo anymore)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Lakers- Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Possible Knicks team- Amare, Carmelo, Chris Paul

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
1)James, Wade, Bosh

2)Peirce, Allen, Garnett

3)Kobe, Gasol, Artest

The possible Knicks dream team of 4)Amare, Melo, and Chris Paul.

I know the Knicks dream might seem like a fantasy but Melo wants to be here and we are getting good trade assets to acquire Melo or Paul, anything is possible.

Which one would you put money on???

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think it's pretty safe to say an Amar'e - Carmelo - CP3 trio would be way better than any of the others.

CP3 as the main ball handler and distributor as well as outside shooter, Carmelo as the #1 option and slasher, and Amar'e as the big man and the P&R man.

That'd be the greatest team of all time. It wouldn't be like the Heat where LeBron and Wade both need the ball.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i didnt pick the knicks trio cause its not built yet until then i wont be picking them.

i had a hard time choosing between the celtics and lakers 3, but i ultimately gave the edge to the Lakers

jpz17

Starter
I hear James didn't try in the playoffs this past season and threw it for this FA.. I say Miami then

JayJ44

Starter
I picked the Lakers because the Knicks trio doesn't exist yet, and is a long shot to ever exist. The Celtics are old, don't think they have enough left in the tank to win another championship. Miami is already overrated. Wade and Lebron are basically the same player: elite slashers who need the ball in their hands and can't really shoot. As of now, they have no shooters to space the floor and no adequate role players. In addition, Bosh is soft, and he's never made it far in the playoffs. Amare>Bosh. The Lakers trio have proved that they're championship caliber the past 2 seasons.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I picked the Heat.

I think it's crazy that Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul are listed as a choice, considering the Knicks don't have Anthony or Paul.

iSaYughh

Starter
Picked the Heat, too. Especially for best 3 over the next several years.

I actually think they will co-exist with good synergy too. They did for Team USA, they are all friends...and Lebron (and even Wade) are very unselfish players. Pretty sure they'll find a way.

And even if they never mix "perfect", like some hypothetical scenario, the sheer overwhelming talent and ability to mix "well enough" is a likely recipe for absolute domination.

I pray when push comes to shove there are problems in them playing together, I just don't see it happening, at least in any meaningful way.

IMO: it's an injury, stringent new CBA rules or they could swiftly become an unfathomably dominant force. Particularly as LA and others may have peaked at this point, and guys like OKC aren't quite ready to rampage other elite teams.

Unless we swing Melo in which case we could be the deep, versatile monster (and young) finally with our superstar at the helm. :crossfingers:

iSaYughh

Starter
I pick the Knicks. That's the most balanced of the 4.

If we ever did achieve those players...can you imagine the'epic battles on n off the court, and rivalry between NYK and MIA...CP3 and Melo vs LeBastard and Wade...Amare vs Bosh....good god it's downright salivating to even dream of...

jzero29

Rotation player
tough call,
1) because it's not a 3 on 3. lakers have bynum and odom, anyone could replace artest as the 3rd guy.
2)becaue whenyou have 3 guys of that caliber each of those big 3, are pretty close.
Lakers - Artest isn't as good as he used to be, he's eratic. but they have bynum and odom which could be consider 3a,b and c
boston - garrnett peirce and rondo, has ray allen and also might sign jermaine o'neil plus perkins defense...sick team.
heat - have the best 3 but have absolutely nothing else...rumors of shaq.
knicks - has a fictional 3, but depending may have a great supporting cast if they have gallo, chandler or anthony. they'd be pretty tough if they existed

Danilo

Benchwarmer
with the felton signing theres no chance of paul + melo. I think Yao would be an interesting signing next yr tho. He doesnt fit out system but hes won with teams without the talent the knicks have. If hes healthy and Melo isnt possible, I think that a lineup of
yao
amare
gallo
azubuike/walker(who ever progresses this yr)
Felton

is a top 5 seed easily.
we also beat miami in the paint easily.

Paul1355

All Star
with the felton signing theres no chance of paul + melo. I think Yao would be an interesting signing next yr tho. He doesnt fit out system but hes won with teams without the talent the knicks have. If hes healthy and Melo isnt possible, I think that a lineup of
yao
amare
gallo
azubuike/walker(who ever progresses this yr)
Felton

is a top 5 seed easily.
we also beat miami in the paint easily.
Felton, Carmelo, Amare, Yao....I'd pick that...atleast Yao would dominate Chris Bosh

KingCharles34

All Star
I picked the Lakers

Kobe >> Wade
Gasol >> Bosh

Lebron might be better then Artest but Artest has proven he can slow Lebron down and really frustrate him

Paul1355

All Star
Looks like the Knicks future big 3 is a strong possibility, Melo and Paul talking about joining Amare in NYC recently...im loving it...we need Melo this year tho

iSaYughh

Starter
CP3
Melo
Gallo
Randolph
Amare
6th Douglas

That could easily be the best starting 5 of all-time at that point. Almost too sick to fathom...

And even though I think LeBastard, Wade, Bosh is the better starting 3 (and not by all that much), you don't just start n play 3, and Our 3 would be even stronger in the context of the team overall.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Like I said in the other thread, three does not make a team. Especially since NY and Miami are still very far from being complete. And that's not even considering what players are going to be like in two years. (I predict Ray Allen will retire, but his shooting skill will be intact.)

If this was a giant 3-on-3 tournament right now, I would still put my money on the Lakers' big-3. The potential NYK trio (as of now) isn't aggressive enough on their own.