Is Dantoni preparing our Players for this gruesome schedule

Looking at our January/February/March/April schedual we will have a lot of
tight-tight games....there are so many 3 games in 4 nights on this schedual,
Im afraid all our starters will jump on lastseason Turiaf band-wagon of being
injury-prone, or Stat's aghaustion-wagon if headcoach Dantoni sticks to his
ways of small-rotations (7 or 8 man rotations) giving Starters 35+ plus minutes
per game. very scary.

So far after 10 games we are not looking good as a 15 man roster preparing
for the next three months schedual ahead of us.

All these 10 players shouldve been receiving consistent playingtime:
C-Tyson (backup) C-Jerome Jordan
PF-Stat (backup) PF-Jorts
SF-Melo (backup) SF-Balkman
SG-Fields (backup) SG-Shump
PG-Toney (backup) PG-Bibby
Reserves: PG-Davis, PG-Lin, SG-Walker, SF-Jeff, SF-Novac

How come we havnt been using a 9+ man rotation in each of the first 10
games of the season so players could get familiar with certain plays we will
be using consistantly throughout the season? Each of the 10 players above
should know their duties in our system b/c all their services will be needed this season.
The win/loss record doesnt matter when u are preparing a 10 man rotation to
mesh into a system practicing new plays on NBA oponents within the first 15 games.

We will win some and lose some....
The important thing is our GAME-SCHEDUAL having tight games like the start
of February. 4 away games in 6 days (No Practice) so as a team we must get
use to and familiar with practicing new plays on offense/defense on our NBA
oponents to improve as a team.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What u think???

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
It looks very much like the moron of a coach is looking to go back to his horrible short rotations. Our starters will be exhausted by this idiot coach.

I know that people will say that we have a horrible bench but with this short season and hectic schedule they have to be played come what may.

His short rotations have led to fatigue and injuries in the normal length season so I fear for what will happen this season with the games coming thick and fast.

What was the point of bringing Jordan back from Europe if he is going to get no minutes? The coach can`t use any excuse about not knowing if he was good enough to play. He has been playing in Europe for a two years so they should have been able to evaluate his abilities. No Jordan no Balkman. I know that Balkman is not liked by most on this forum but his energy and defense would do well for us coming offf this bench.

I have now resigned myself to the fact that this basketball club will not improve until D`Antoni is gone and we finally hire a real basketball coach.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
d'antoni is a bum:boohoo: he wont do anything to help this team i saw a post on this forum of a guy bashing on melo cause he was listening to woodson instead of fagtoni cmon people melos smart for doing that

skisloper

Starter
The Moron left Chandler in the other nigh for longer then he needed....I mean we were getting blown out....In a condensed season like this there is no rhyme or reason to Dantonios ways.....

He also left Shump in as well.....For what so he can hit the rookie wall sooner....

Dantonio does things his way and the circumstances around him regarding the players and condensed season will not stop him from his set plan....

Watching Denver last night and seeing Mozgov and Gallo involved in set plays makes our Knicks team so aggravating...

WE have Melo and Chandler and Mozgiv and Gallo look more cohesive....FIRE OUR COACH

KingofNy

Starter
The Moron left Chandler in the other nigh for longer then he needed....I mean we were getting blown out....In a condensed season like this there is no rhyme or reason to Dantonios ways.....

He also left Shump in as well.....For what so he can hit the rookie wall sooner....

Dantonio does things his way and the circumstances around him regarding the players and condensed season will not stop him from his set plan....

Watching Denver last night and seeing Mozgov and Gallo involved in set plays makes our Knicks team so aggravating...

WE have Melo and Chandler and Mozgiv and Gallo look more cohesive....FIRE OUR COACH

I totally agree. I was thinking the same thing last night while watching the Denver game. Our team would be soooo good if we had a coaching staff that knew how to coach. Our D'Antoni family coaching staff is pure trash.

knicksin60

Starter
Are Dantoni preparing our Players for this gruesome schedule

Yes, D'antoni is preparing his players to lose! The Knicks cannot beat anyone with his coaching style.The best thing that this team could do is to put him on the wrong plane and save themselves from being embarassed throughout this tough stretch.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the Player....Fire coach Damnphoney

Its not looking good for the Knicks....sending C-Jerome Jordan to the D.League.
What little seen of Jerome Jordan on the Knicks, the guy likes to screen/pick for his teammates,
plus he got a mean box-out game for rebounds on both sides of the court.
Plus Jordan has no intentions of shooting a 3-ball.
biggrin.gif

Lastseason our bigman rotation were: Shawn, Gallo, W.Chandler, Stat, and injury prone Turiaf....
banghead.gif

This season our bigman rotatiion has been: Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Jorts....
banghead.gif

Dantoni lastseason with the Knicks is becoming obvious.....injuries/injuries/and more injuries

petescud

Starter
of course he isn't...check out some of the other teams playing 10/11/12 players to keep guys fresh. Dantoni is pretty much sticking to 8/9

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Not just that.

We're lucky enough AS IT IS to not have any guys out...look at the Hawks with Horford, or the Grizzlies with Randolph...

Kiyaman

Legend
of course he isn't...check out some of the other teams playing 10/11/12 players to keep guys fresh. Dantoni is pretty much sticking to 8/9

Last night Dantoni played a 7-man rotation vs the Phoenix Suns who were on
a 5 game losing streak. We loss to the Suns, now we are on a 5 game losing streak.
All 5 of our starters had 38+ minutes....as if we were playing against a top contender team

nyk_nyk

All Star
Last night Dantoni played a 7-man rotation vs the Phoenix Suns who were on
a 5 game losing streak. We loss to the Suns, now we are on a 5 game losing streak.
All 5 of our starters had 38+ minutes....as if we were playing against a top contender team

This says a whole lot. How can we expect Melo and Amare to have confidence in their teammates if the coach won't even do it???

CoolClyde

this is pre-season

Antoni's Knicks have always been slow starters, due to the fact the man is a clueless coach when he doesn't have a PG running the SSOL show. every season he doesn't know what he has until players start performing in his patented street ball style of "no-plays, just do it" ball. since there was a lockout this season, with no summer league, and a 2-game non-preseason, you have to assume the first 2-3 weeks will be Antoni's coaching pre-season, for him to evaluate what he has, and who to play. although still mired in his shortened rotation of 7-9 players getting over 10 minutes, and sending big man prospect Jerry Jordan to D-League, the mustachio'd Pringle will still need another couple weeks to pull the team together to forge any semblance of a winning streak. combined with Baron von Davis coming into the fold, the timing should be perfect for the Knicks true season to start mid-February. unfortunately every other team in the league started playing basketball christmas week.
assume D'oh-lan thinks the same.
antonicrew_davis.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
We are on a helluva road trip to....Charllotte, Cleveland, Miami, and Houston
in the next 5 days....this is one helluva plane ride in the next 5 days without
backup Jorts.

That's right NO JORTS.....no decent Bigman to backup Tyson Chandler or Stat,
because of a flawed clueless Dantoni refusal to add 7.0 Jerome Jordan & 6.8
Balkman to the rotation b/c Jordan & Balkman dont want to shoot 3-balls.

Oh yeah, Jefferies & Novac are soft SF in the paint

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
This is a knicks forum, not an educational institution. I'm sure you got the point of his post.

If a little incorrect grammar offends you, join another site.

I have no problem with incorrect grammar from time to time. It happens and I am prone to it as well.

But it's the title of a fricken thread.

its not a spelling mistake or writing there instead of their because you are typing fast and not thinking.

You wrote Are instead of is on the title of a thread.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a knicks forum, not an educational institution. I'm sure you got the point of his post.

If a little incorrect grammar offends you, join another site.

nyk_nyk....Thank u

I always thought moms & wives correct peeps grammar :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
I have no problem with incorrect grammar from time to time. It happens and I am prone to it as well.

But it's the title of a fricken thread.

its not a spelling mistake or writing there instead of their because you are typing fast and not thinking.

You wrote Are instead of is on the title of a thread.

is...............u happy
I miss spelled Schedule too

CoolClyde

yes I did see that.

But I'm not going to go through everyones post and nitpick grammar and spelling. I'm not a complete douchebag.

just a little douche-y.

that's the beauty of Kiyaman's posts and threads, he expresses himself
without the need for grammar, his head and heart are all that counts.

gruesome balls.