"If the Knicks want Phil Jackson they can have him" - Stephen A Smith

A caller called into the Stephen A show and asked about Phil Jax. Stephen said he KNOWS from multiple sources that Phil Jackson "wants to be here" and if the Knicks "Want" him they can have him.

#FireD'Antoni

LeFlume

All Star
A caller called into the Stephen A show and asked about Phil Jax. Stephen said he KNOWS from multiple sources that Phil Jackson "wants to be here" and if the Knicks "Want" him they can have him.

#FireD'Antoni

If this is tru I will name my son after you..:gony:

Green rep comin your way sir.:gony:

Wargames

Starter
Phil-Jackson.jpg

- My Zen doesn't come cheap

really though he probably will want some say in the personnel on the team similar to Adelman in Minnesota. I have a feeling its control more than money that is jamming this up.

knicksin60

Starter
Doesn't Phil Jackson always toy with the idea of coaching the Knicks but ends up rejecting them whenever he's not coaching?

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Phil's not coming mid-season though. He's coming at the end of the year. If we fire D'Antoni now, we're just going to have the rest of the season with Mike Woodson as coach.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
Phil-Jackson.jpg

- My Zen doesn't come cheap

really though he probably will want some say in the personnel on the team similar to Adelman in Minnesota. I have a feeling its control more than money that is jamming this up.

:agreed: dont think this will happen dolemite is to much of a control freak to let Phil run the show ......dolemite will hire some yes man first

Wargames

Starter
Both Wilbon and Stephen A Smith said he is willing to come. His wifey Dropped a ton of hints when he was leaving LA he would be looking at NY.

The only question is will Dolan fall back and let it happened. Now with that said correct me if I am wrong but isn't he somewhat a less involved owner with the successful rangers because their coach more or less runs that team? I am hoping I am right because he doesn't need to get involved am I right. He has the talent to sell MSG out. He has Lin to get all that money from the Asian markets that follow him. Why would he be against a coach who if he is successful will get him playoff money $$$ and atleast 1-3 championships to shut up all his haters. He want's to be the Yankee's go and get Joe Torre then.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer

#FireD'Antoni

Stephen A Smith talks spews more shit from his mouth than incarcerated bob.

Don't get hyped for no reason. This is a win - win situation for Smith if the Knicks get him, he says I told you so. If they don't, I told you its all Dolan's fault.

You really think Phil jackson had a conversation with this assdick and was like, "Hey Steve, don't tell anyone this, but I really want to coach for the Knicks before I retire"

Smith is just connecting rudimentary dots that any average fan could come up with.

Jackson played for the knicks
Jackson isn't coaching
+ Knicks have 1 of the most talented teams in the league
Phil Jackson wants to coach for Knicks

**** Stephen A. Smith a monkey on a typewriter could do his job

Wargames I could not agree more.

It's Phil ****ing Jackson. The man has won 11 titles as a coach. I would not take lightly his wife saying stuff like that, and I would not take lightly the fact he was drafted by the Knicks, played over a decade there, & was a fan favorite. His accomplishments as a coach are already ridiculous. But can you imagine the heights his legacy would reach if he were to return and win a title with the Knicks, a 3rd different team? His popularity in NYC and basketball circles everywhere would ****ing explode.

Plus he's "only" 66. I say only because plenty of coaches have still coached older than that. Jackson also claimed he was quitting coaching forever after the Bulls. Obviously that did not happen. If he wants to do it this would be an absolute no-brainer for the Knicks FO. A guy who has coached star talent to titles with two teams, a current team with star talent but struggling, a return to the team he started with.

I couldn't see him taking over mid season though, I think if it happened it'd probably have to be next season.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Phil's not coming mid-season though. He's coming at the end of the year. If we fire D'Antoni now, we're just going to have the rest of the season with Mike Woodson as coach.

we might actually have a chance with Woodson but for the future we have to throw money at Phil

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Lets say this does happen, STAT will have to adjust his game. He will have to learn to play with his back to the basket in order to run the traingle. I say this because I assume he would run it through Lin, Melo and Stat.

This could actually serve good for Amare's career from here on out. He's not that explosive above the rim type player any more and has to learn post moves and the use of his body to protect his shot and the ball.

Melo would love this because it would provide him with the iso that Kobe and Jordan recieved all those years.

I am all for Phil comming here but its a dream.

Wargames

Starter
Amare is the one that doesnt fit in the triangle. He would have to learn to new skills but I got to agree him learning some post moves would extebd his career quite a bit. But who knows players these days all seem more or less allergic to post moves.

Bishop*

Rookie
Phill is the best coach for this crop of players we have. The triangle will be the best offense that will make our two big men Tyson and Amare feel comfortable in the the paint. Melo's passing game (sharp crisp) and iso moments will also get its place in the Triangle. I will only suggest we keep our defensive coach since Phill's defense philosophy can be shaky a times.